Bad
Good

M's. McConnell has been a great inspiration for my granddaughter Aubrie who hated her last school prior to coming to Dorothy Fox. Now she is always 'Fox Positive' about life!

I think Dorothy Fox is a great school. While I find it hard to find an excellent school because there is always something they can improve at; this school is doing a great job. Our principle has done a wonderful job and she truly seems to care for her students. As for issues with behavior control and disrespectful attitudes, I just don't see that. I'm pretty involved within the school and in my childrens class rooms; I see obedient and respectful children. Of course their will be problem kids but it's not fair to judge a school by just a few kids that need attention. I'm pleased with how I've seen teachers, the counselor and the principle handle disiplinary issues. Earlier I said that there's always room for improvement; I am not a fan of a couple of the 5th grade teachers. I think they can do more to prepare their students for middle school. I've had children in all grades at Dorothy Fox and overall I've been please with their teaching styles and dedication to their students. I definatley would send my younger kids to Dorothy Fox and would recommend it to friends, family and newcomers to the area. This school also has a very strong PTA and parent involement. Fox Rocks!

The leadership at this school under the current principal of the last 5 years has been outstanding. She is a leader in every sense of the word and the school is really progressing as a whole. She truly cares and goes the extra mile every time. We have had great teachers. They get to knowthe children personally and help them meet their goals both academically and otherwise. The school is a nice community as well and not just a place you send your kids. It may not be perfect but on the whole we are very impressed.

The school has a big behavior control problem. The students are very disrespectful to teachers and to adults. This is not a school I would place my son or daughter in again... not unless I would want them to learn anything more from the school's environment. There is also NO consistent behavior management system in the school. Each teacher can have discretion for handling issues... there are no consistent consequences for behavior. Students quickly learn that referral forms are a joke and getting in trouble repeatedly will not merit any serious consequence.

I love Fox. My son has gone here for four years. Every year we have been impressed and happy with his teachers. When he was having difficulty with reading in 2nd grade, we were contacted and given info. to help and he received extra help at school. He is currently reading above grade level. He also received speech therapy from the in-school therapist and she was awesome. He loved it so much that when he reached his goals (within the school year) he did not want to stop going. Mrs. B was positive, effective and we couldn't be happier with our sons progress.

Last modified Dorothy Fox is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.