Camas, WA

Dorothy Fox 4

Posted March 04, 2011
I think Dorothy Fox is a great school. While I find it hard to find an excellent school because there is always something they can improve at; this school is doing a great job. Our principle has done a wonderful job and she truly seems to care for her students. As for issues with behavior control and disrespectful attitudes, I just don't see that. I'm pretty involved within the school and in my childrens class rooms; I see obedient and respectful children. Of course their will be problem kids but it's not fair to judge a school by just a few kids that need attention. I'm pleased with how I've seen teachers, the counselor and the principle handle disiplinary issues. Earlier I said that there's always room for improvement; I am not a fan of a couple of the 5th grade teachers. I think they can do more to prepare their students for middle school. I've had children in all grades at Dorothy Fox and overall I've been please with their teaching styles and dedication to their students. I definatley would send my younger kids to Dorothy Fox and would recommend it to friends, family and newcomers to the area. This school also has a very strong PTA and parent involement. Fox Rocks!

Posted October 15, 2010
The leadership at this school under the current principal of the last 5 years has been outstanding. She is a leader in every sense of the word and the school is really progressing as a whole. She truly cares and goes the extra mile every time. We have had great teachers. They get to knowthe children personally and help them meet their goals both academically and otherwise. The school is a nice community as well and not just a place you send your kids. It may not be perfect but on the whole we are very impressed.

Dorothy Fox 1

Posted July 09, 2009
The school has a big behavior control problem. The students are very disrespectful to teachers and to adults. This is not a school I would place my son or daughter in again... not unless I would want them to learn anything more from the school's environment. There is also NO consistent behavior management system in the school. Each teacher can have discretion for handling issues... there are no consistent consequences for behavior. Students quickly learn that referral forms are a joke and getting in trouble repeatedly will not merit any serious consequence.

Posted June 03, 2009
I love Fox. My son has gone here for four years. Every year we have been impressed and happy with his teachers. When he was having difficulty with reading in 2nd grade, we were contacted and given info. to help and he received extra help at school. He is currently reading above grade level. He also received speech therapy from the in-school therapist and she was awesome. He loved it so much that when he reached his goals (within the school year) he did not want to stop going. Mrs. B was positive, effective and we couldn't be happier with our sons progress.

Dorothy Fox 4

Posted May 21, 2006
Good school with good teachers.

Dorothy Fox 3

Posted January 11, 2006
Dorothy Fox is good if your child fits into the 'box' for education. I have one child that would thrive in any situation, and one who needs a little additional help. We moved from California in August, and after researching schools settled on the Camas School District. I have not been impressed. In California there was a lot more communication and willingness to work through learning issues.It took two months before I found out my son was not handing in any assignments. At Dorothy Fox I am met with a teacher and principal that are defensive and want to blame instead of find techniques to help him thrive. If your child needs any additional help, but does not fit into the special education realm (who are wonderful I might add),make sure you are in constant communication with his/her teacher. I am hoping Middle School will be better.

Posted December 09, 2004
We moved from Portland 2 years ago and were very conscientious about where our children would go to school. We could not be more pleased with Dorothy Fox. Our oldest started kindergarten there last year and is currently in the first grade. Her education has been amazing and comrehensive. The music classes are excellent, computer lab is top notch and gym class is also very good exercise and fun. Moving to Camas was one of the best things we've ever done, mainly because of the education our children will gain here. Scott Turner is an excellent hands on Principal who runs an excellent school!

Dorothy Fox
2623 NW Sierra St, Camas, WA  98607
Last modified Dorothy Fox is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dorothy Fox Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top