Camas, WA

Posted May 12, 2014
I've been a parent of a Skyridge kid now for two years and I am as impressed now as ever, maybe even more so. Not only does the school seem to have a strong comradere among its students, built around programs like track which enrolls something like nearly 300 of the kids, academics remain strong though not at all overwhelming. How anyone could fail to thrive here is beyond me. In fact, what strikes me when dealing with my daughter and the students in her class is the welcome friendships they have for one another. While there are in any group going to be variants, it seems everyone here is given room to become who they are and who they will be. My own daughter is enrolled in pre-AP and will be going to Poland and is also a self-motivated straight A student. Watching her grow up here is nothing short of a joy.

Skyridge Middle School 1

Posted May 11, 2014
Skyridge was an absolute nightmare for my son. The principal is egotistical, incompetent, and negative. His attitude is perpetuated from the top down. The majority of the teachers are burnt out and washed up. There is an abundance of bullying, principal to staff, teacher to student, and student to student. For being a top rated district, it's appalling that Skyridge operates in such a manner. I suppose that if the test scores are good, all must be well, is the prevailing mentality. All is not well and it's only a matter of time before things will have to change. I've experienced middle schools in the area that have more socio-economic and cultural diversity that DO NOT facilitate the negativity and bullying that Skyridge does. There is more compassion and care in treating students.

Posted May 09, 2013
We moved to Camas from Happy Valley in part for the schools and in part for the lower taxes. We were not sure what we'd find, but wow, have we been pleased, especially with Skyridge. Our daughter is now in sixth grade and has really excelled, almost like finding a new gear. In most instances I probably would not credit the school with this quite as much, but the structure the academics, offering pre-AP classes for instance that let the kids really take on that extra bit of a challenge, the serious but collegial feel of the campus, the sense of freedom they experience in selecting courses, and the high school quality sports programs, especially track, which has almost 250 athletes in it this year, is as impressive and as inspiring to me as it is to her. Moreover the lack of problems usually associated with schools, bullying and illicit drugs in particular, drives home the point that this is a 10-star school for a reason. The fact that so many parents here are engineers and small business owners and that all the kids from the community attend Skyridge, largely due to the lack of private schools in and around Camas, also seems to ensure continued strength here. Excellent job Skyridge!

Skyridge Middle School 1

Posted January 23, 2011
I was a student at this school until I had to leave because it was so bad. I felt that the classes were too easy. That being said, I didn't go into advanced academics because I didn't like the teachers that were involved in those classes. Also, some of the teachers were very mean. The yearbook advisor ruined my 8th grade year. She treated me so badly and the principals just excused her behavior! Lots of bullying goes on, the kids aren't very nice, and the teachers don't care about the students. The administration needs to figure out how to handle their school. I do not recommend Skyridge for anyone.

Posted January 19, 2011
As a parent of sixth grade twin boys, I cannot say enough positive comments about Skyridge. Both the principal and associate principal are hands on and always available to parents and students. The school has a strong anti-bullying program. Academically, the teachers and staff offer many challenging programs and events to encourage a strong learning environment. Science fair and Olympiads, band, choir, art and technology, and several other programs are available to students. Lastly, I'm very impressed by the teachers; they're here because they want to teach! In addition, all of my sons' teachers are available to help after or before school to those students who need a little extra lesson. First class school!

Posted November 19, 2010
Though Dorothy Fox wasn't great, Skyridge was amazing. Great teachers that communicate well, hard working students, a lot of support groups and helpful counslers- programs supporting the arts are pretty good too

Posted December 18, 2008

Posted September 28, 2008

Posted May 28, 2007
As a student attending this school I think that this school is fabulous. I love going to school and feeling safe. THe pricipal Mrs. Perrin is really nice and my teachers seem to want to give us a better future. I will miss this school in High school next year but I definetly recommend this school. There are some of the greatest people here.

Skyridge Middle School 2

Posted June 10, 2006
Some great teachers, some teachers there just for the paycheck, poor administration, spends more time with discipline than positive reinforcement, therefore school has a negative feel about it. Great advanced placement classes available if student qualifies.

Skyridge Middle School
5220 NW Parker St, Camas, WA  98607
Last modified Skyridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top