Camas, WA

Posted September 19, 2014
We left this school last year because we moved out of district. Prune Hill is not that great. What is good about it comes from years ago when it was smaller with a more down to earth community. But it has grown and the community of parents for the most part are very arrogant and condescending. You will see lots of spoiled and bratty children who are enabled to be that way. Lots of people trying to keep up with the Joneses. The education is okay, but not anything you wont find at any other mediocre school. Its got its share of good and bad teachers like all schools. It is a typical suburban neighborhood school. The one nice thing about it is that it is actually in a neighborhood although the parking lot is much too small now to accommodate the flow of people each day.

Prune Hill Elementary School 2

Posted September 02, 2014
The office staff, they were one of the rudest folks I had to deal with. Luckily my child transferred to a neighboring school after a year and the folks there are just wonderful. The principle and the teachers are okay.

Posted June 18, 2012
Great school! They made us feel very welcome when we moved here last February. Lots of enrichment for the kids, too.

Posted March 07, 2012
EXCELLENT. We have attended PH for almost 2 years now and I continued to be impressed. Academically the school is strong and my kids have been challenged. The school culture is safe, fun, and an overall great place to be. The staff is friendly and open to parent involvement and/or concerns. The principal is attentive and hands on. She had been very responsive to me, my children, and any concerns that I have had. Bottom line my kids love their teachers and are learning a ton. I highly reccomend PH!

Posted March 07, 2012
I switched my children a year ago from a private school to Prune Hill. I loved our previous school, therefore I thought the transition would be difficult and that my expectations would not be met. That was not the case. The teachers have been amazing, the academics stellar and parent involvement excellent. I love that my kids go to school within a community that truly cares about them at all levels.

Posted March 06, 2012
Very Disappointing.....Prune Hill is not at all what it looks like on paper. My child spent 1/2 day reading in class because reading scores in the district are so low. Never had any homework and never challenged at all. When we moved schools finally he almost had to repeat a grade he was so far behind. But ultimately it was the "bullies" that made us switch. Principal has no control over the school!! Do more research....please.

Posted September 25, 2011
I think this school is fantastic. Awesome leadership by the principal, awesome teachers and a great environment to learn. No one is perfect. The kids are great. I feel the school takes the no bullying policy very seriously.

Posted February 07, 2011
Be Careful.....Most of these reviews are old and before the principal change in 08....School was very sub-par.....big disappointment....

Prune Hill Elementary School 2

Posted November 12, 2010
I'm kinda with the parent not liking Prune Hill. I've met a few polite people but one in particular whom was just not so great. My child's teacher in agreement with me seems to think my child would benefit from special services. But one staff member left nameless, seems to think different and acts as though it's by fault of my child the services i requested testing for has not been acknowledged?

Posted February 13, 2009
I enrolled my daughter in Prune Hill about a month ago, everyone made her feel so welcome and accepted, the teachers and staff are great and so easy to talk to, they will stop whatever they are doing to help you out. And I love that it is such a clean and safe environment.

Prune Hill Elementary School
1601 NW Tidland St, Camas, WA  98607
Last modified Prune Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prune Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top