PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I just can't say enough good things about our experience at PCA. Our children have made wonderful friends, had excellent teachers, and learned a traditional but rich curriculum that they've enjoyed. Mrs. Parker is a true example of a wonderful Principal who puts her whole heart into running this small but mighty school.

Both my children have been at Pacific Crest Academy since PreK, now my son is in 3rd grade and my daughter in Kindergarten, and they love it. Pacific Crest Academy has gotten better and better, excellent teachers, a great heart and a school where GOD is still in the classroom. Recent years have shown great vision for the future and much growth. Overall an excellent private school that offers serious academics.

PCA is the best academic school in the area. Character development is emphasized and while this is a Catholic school, as non-catholics we have never felt excluded. The benefits for us have been individualized education for every child, whether that be accelerated or not, traditional Saxon math, Spanish from Pre-K, and most of all the love and attention our children receive attending here. Yes, it's a small school without a gym or a STEM lab, but it's a fabulous education in a close knit community.

This school does have some merits: it is a small school, so you will get that with blended classes and such. That does not necessarily mean individual attention to your child's needs. The staff also cares about kids. There is a high rate of attrition and turnover in the staff, though, perhaps because of its small size. The curriculum is strong in some areas but lacking in others. The school lacks facilities (such as a gym, library, science labs, etc). There is definitely a parent clique who runs the school. I would rather focus on my kid's education than seeing how many friends I will meet/events I will be able to attend. There is a very strong Catholic influence in all aspects of the school, almost to the detriment of the educational process, if you are not Catholic. The school's always asking for money; it seems like there are fundraisers every other week, which gets tiring, especially after paying tuition and fees. I would agree that there is a pushy sales staff and any kids are allowed into the school. The administration is clueless half of the time and it seems like certain parents call the shots. Families tend to come and go often.

We began attending PCA 5 years ago as an alternative to Kindergarten in Washougal. Our daughters have thrived at this school continually testing well above grade level in all subjects. We have also found a family at PCA. It's much more than just a school. I highly recommend attending PCA from both a Academic perspective as well as faith.

My children have attended PCA for many years. The curriculum is outstanding and the strong character building and fatih formation prepares them for the challenges of any modern high school and life in general. The teachers and staff care about each and every student and their families and want only the very best for them! The principal is a dedicated, loving and truly professional woman that cares for the students, families and all that come in contact with PCA. I can't say enough good things about the school! The small class sizes really ensures my children are learning and attended to.

We started our private school journey about 5 years ago by selecting PCA for its strong academic and spiritual standards. The teaching -oriented preschool (way more than a daycare) was a terrific experience for child # 2 and then #3 as we saw them soundly prepared for the full day kindergarten. It was terrific to see my kids engaging in the three R's that early - while the public school kids around our neighborhood were learning their letters, mine were learning to read, doing math and developing great homework skills. At times it's been a financial struggle, but the staff are very helpful with financial aid, working with support from our parish and helping us over the rough spots. It's been worth every penny. Over the years we've seen our kids and the whole school performing about 2 grade levels above their peers. When you realize that elementary school is the longest period your child will be in any one school, you'll see why we are so pleased to be able to send ours to Pacific Crest Academy. I highly recommend it.

We have loved our experience at PCA. All three of our kids have benefitted from the strong academics and foreign language combined with the whole child formation focus. The small class sizes are great. The faculty is terrific.

We are thrilled with PCA. Strong traditional academics, small class sizes, and an emphasis on character development that seems to be missing from most schools. Our two children have thrived at Pacific Crest and we are so happy we found the perfect school for them.

We are not impressed thus far with PCA. Our child is attending PreK and they seem incapable of handling the needs of a divorced family. All communications are sent to his mother and only to us when specifically requested requested or when it's too late to do anything about them. I would not recommend them to anyone who doesn't come from the traditional nuclear family.

Last modified Pacific Crest Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8