Camas, WA

Posted November 04, 2013
Having experienced 2 years at this school I am so vey glad we made the move from the East Coast to raise our family in Camas, WA. Wonderful school and amazing leadership.

Posted September 09, 2013
This is my son's third year at GVE. I love it because he has soared academically and socially with very little added support at home. More importantly, he loves it. He's very proud to be a zebra and he has taught the whole family the school song.

Posted August 11, 2013
My oldest is about to begin his 4th year at Grass Valley Elementary. I love that he has always been challenged in his classes, given extra help when he struggled and is surrounded by caring teachers and staff. Academically, Grass Valley soars but what makes the school special is so much more than grades. They reward positive behavior, celebrate students and their successes and do such a great job at making the kids feel a part of the Zebra family.

Posted February 28, 2013
I can't say enough good things about this school. This is our third year here and we have two children that attend this school. The teachers are amazing and quick to fix anything that arises. The staff is incredible--they know everyone's name and many of parent's too! The principal is wonderful and seriously knows EVERY student by name. I recently worked with her at a school event and I was amazed that she not only knew ALL of the kids names (and there were several hundred there), she knew their parents too! The academics are paramount and we have loved all of our teachers. They have specialists who work with kids who need extra help in reading, writing, math, etc. The only thing I wish they had was a bigger play structure, however, there is a lot of room for the kids to run and play at recess, just not a huge play structure. It's a great school and if you are lucky enough to have your kids attend, you will NOT be dissapointed.

Posted October 29, 2012
Every day when I drop off or pick up my daughter from school, I feel two things: lucky and proud. When we moved to this neighborhood, GVE was still being built, so although the district has a stellar reputation, we didn't know what GVE would be like. It has surpassed my highest expectations for public education. The teachers and staff are committed, kind, patient, and incredibly skilled in classroom management. The principle knows every student by name, and every parent, too! When our daughter has had challenges, the teachers have been ON IT - talking to us as parents and getting a whole team of staff members to consult and figure out the best strategy to help her. The principle is both liked and respected, and most importantly, approachable. Last but not least, the building - the environment in which learning takes place - is absolutely beautiful. It's bright, airy, modern without being offputting, colorful without being overwhelming, and is one of the "greenest" schools in Washington State. The playground is well-maintained, and there's a huge volunteer-maintained kids' garden where the kids plant flowers and watch things grow. Like I said: Lucky and proud.

Posted October 28, 2012
We still have Zebra Pride as we move into our 3rd year here! GVE is a wonderful school, with a stellar principal, great teachers and a respectful student body, it offers outstanding academics & extracurriculars like music, jazz choir , gym, computers, art and science in a modern, beautiful facility. The staff work as a team, led by Principal Erdmann -- the foundation on which the school's greatness is built. The teachers are terrific. Our favorite is Mrs. Hanson -- she's one of those once-in-a-lifetime teachers that really gets her students and challenges and engages them. We really like Mrs. Woodruff, the librarian, and Ms. Wilson, the music teacher who created our award-winning jazz vocal choir! Mr. Hughes makes P.E. a fun and enjoyable part of the kids lives and his Field Day is always fun! And we're fond of the school counselor, Mr. Causey, who fosters a safe environment where bullying is not tolerated and works hard to develop appropriate social skills and coping strategies with students. The office, cafeteria and custodial staff are all warm and pleasant too! Everyone here is pretty great. We ll miss GVE when we change schools next fall due to boundary revisions.

Grass Valley Elementary School
3000 NE Grass Valley Dr, Camas, WA  98607
Last modified Grass Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grass Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top