Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I've been unable to determine this because there has been no communication. As with most schools I'm sure they try, but it would be nice to have a teacher contact you if they were feeling your student was falling behind.

If your high school child is in sports, they will probably do well in this school. However, if not, prepare to have them swept under the rug. This school along with the other schools in Cashmere have great teachers, but ZERO communication. My kids have attended their whole lives (minus one year I choiced them out of district) and I have had nothing but problem after problem with these schools. They take no accountability for their inability to communicate with the parents of their students (unless of coarse you have an athlete child). I am relieved to be closing on a house out of the valley and getting my kids the educational experience they deserve.

I graduated from this school a couple years ago and I'm glad to be out of there. This school is only made to serve one kind of student, white and athletic. If you are not involved in sports you are somewhat invisible. Sports are overly funded and leaves students in music programs to do their own fundraising... As a minority in this school I felt looked down upon by other students and faculty, even though I was very successful academically and involved in extra curricular activities. With the people here I have witnessed sexism, racism and homophobia. So if you're looking for a narrow minded, sport obsessed, right wing school this is it! If you want you're children to be independent learners and critical thinkers send them somewhere else, this is far from a progressive school.

I am a graduate from Cashmere and im hoping to move back so my kids can go to Cashmere. I have nieces and nephews that have all graduated from Cashmere. I work as an educator and have seen several schools in the state and out. Every School has flaws and people who will bash schools are because their "child was wronged" or they hated school when they were there. This is the same issue in all schools. What i do know about Cashmere Schools is yes it is an athletic school that takes pride in their programs. I wasnt a jock and I was treated just like the jocks were treated. I currently live 3 states away and would love my children to be a Cashmere Bulldog! So if you read the negative reviews take them with a grain of salt and remember ALL schools have there issues. Cashmere is amazing and I give it 5 stars!!!

I went to this school district K-12th grade. After entering the real world I felt prepared and ready for college, although I did struggle at times. The best thing I liked about Cashmere, especially at the High school level was the opportunity to make my education. I was very self determined and Cashmere allowed me to take my skills and soar. I was very involved in extra curricular activities including theater, sports, and ASB. I have daughters who will start kindergarten this year and I hope to find a school district like this one. I think with many small towns you will always have those 'cliques' which is a struggle at times, and of course there is the downside to having a little less opportunities than say a 4A school. I also felt that there were a lot more teachers (mostly older tenured) that didn't seem to care about the subjects they were teaching (again I'm thinking middle/high school level) while others went above and beyond for their students. Cashmere has been known for their athletics and I'm proud to say I was a Bulldog, but they also have a great theater and music department. It is all in all a well rounded school in a lovely community.

Cashmere school district is FABULOUS! I am a former student of all three schools! Now, I am a parent! Still love Cashmere schools! My oldest should have graduated 2010 but decided to make bad choices but even though he wasn't a jock persay, the school staff was still always very supportive and tried to help keep my child on track. Lots of parent involvement and close community. Yes sports are high here but academics hold high expectations too. They want to see kids succeed! Along with sports being important because kids need the disipline that sports teach! If your not a jock just get involved that is all the school wants to see! :-)

I personally attended Cashmere High School. As a student if you are not a "JOCK" then the teachers dont look at you the same, this is the worst High School I have ever been to. I also attended Waterville and Eastmont but Waterville takes the cake. Certain teachers that are too old to understand what kids are going through as they get older greately affects the teacher to kid relationship. How are you supposed to look up to and want to immulate someone that is way too old to comprehend what they are trying to teach. The biggest problem is not the kids, food, or security it definately is that the "Seniority" of the faculty plays too big of a role which in turn keeps teachers in the school that should have quit a long time ago.

My son went here for 1 year he and that was more that enough. You better support and involve the sports and sport jocks in this school because they glorify them. They have a good old boy network and your expected to just go along with it. Teachers and administration are just like the clicks in high school, they address things only when it makes them look good, so you better be popular!???

The administraation tends to deny that problems exist with regards to student conduct and safety.

Cashmere school has it s good and bad points but Iv sent 5 children to this school and they all did well , Parent involvement helps a lot, the staff is great if you get to know them..and students are great Ive never seen a group of kids more accepting of handicapped or special needs kids any were. These kids care, in today's world that is huge.

Last modified Cashmere High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.