Bad
Good

Both of my boys attended Edison & one was in special ed. The Sped program was awful, he didn't learn anything. Instead he was 'diagnosed' by the teacher to have ADHD as an explanation why. He is one of the most laid back kids I have ever met so I knew this was a lie. I homeschool him now & he did 2 years of work in 1 (no meds, no IEP, no degree in teaching). My other son was also being 'diagnosed' with ADHD by his teacher b/c he wiggled in his seat & would take long bathroom breaks. He takes long bathroom breaks at home, too, but that explanation didn't appease her. I smelled another skunk jumping on the 'excuse' band wagon. She would always publicly humiliate my son in the classroom to the point he would be in tears, would take my son's toys that he would sneak to school, put them in a prize box & give them out as rewards to other kids as his punishment for bringing them to school. She & the school counselor would try to suggest in offhand ways that I had poor parenting skills & I was the problem, they would literally interrogate me at parent-teacher meetings. I felt as if I needed a lawyer it was so bad. I didn't understand why they targeted & bullied us. Beware.

I love this school. The teachers really care and it shows in the quality of teaching. The office staff is wonderful and efficient. The principal is top notch. Any problem is addressed and dealt with immediately. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3