Posted July 26, 2012
Love Jefferson Lincoln! All staff go above and beyond! My daughter is adhd and they worked with me to pull out her full learning potential! I asked for daily updates and recived them! Thank you! We will miss you as my daughter heads to 4th

Posted March 04, 2012
All 4 of my young children have attended Jeff-Lincoln. We moved here from Auburn WA, having moved there from Arizona. Of the different elementary schools my children have experienced, Jeff-Lincoln has been THE BEST so far. I watched them do well in Arizona, they did well in Auburn, but I have watched them excel here. I love the way the teachers challenge them to grow in their learning. I especially love the fact the children can stay with the same teacher for 2 years during 2nd and 3rd grades as the teachers move to the next grade with them. Learning time is not lost the second year, as the teachers and students have already formed a learning relationship. Even though this school is in a lower income area, my children have been unaffected by this. They have many wonderful friends at school and have never had any problems with bullying or other undesired behavior.

Posted August 15, 2011
Kids having boyfriends and girlfriends in 1st and 2nd grade... going around corner to kiss.... dutys not caring. My daughter got her face stomped on and no one cared and no one did anything! My son got punched many times... he punched back once in self defense and HE WAS SENT HOME!!! This school blames everything on the parents! It is thier way of covering their butts! If I had anywhere else I could bring my kids... WE WOULD BE GONE IN A HEART BEAT!!!

Posted July 02, 2011
Awful school. I felt parental involvement was discouraged. My son was taught religious lessons in K & 1st grade (Easter & X-mas stories). Not appropriate in public school; I complained to principal after 1st incident and school board after 2nd incident. Never rec'd apology. His 2nd grade teacher openly despised my son and mocked him -- he often came home in tears. His 3rd grade teacher could not spell, and I have the e-mails and "graded" spelling tests from him to prove it. Bullying is a serious problem, exacerbated by ingrained sexism. For example: If a boy teases or physically harms a girl, both parents are notified by note or phone (in our experience). If a boy is teased or physically harmed by a girl, there is no notification, ever. If a boy is teased or physically harmed by another boy, the response is sporadic. The parents may be notified, they may not. My son has come home with ripped and torn clothing, cuts, scratches, bruising up and down his spine and across his face, and I have not rec'd a phone call or explanatory note for any of these incidents. When I called the school, they said boys will be boys. The principal called my son a bit of a wuss in a parent meeting.

Jefferson Lincoln Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2010
also sorry I forgot to mention when I read some more that there are a lot of bullies that they do nothing about that is true and they sent us pages of info for ADD children home all the time with him even though he is not ADD just a regular seven year old boy and so I think that is just very rude

Jefferson Lincoln Elementary School 0

Posted March 21, 2010
My son attends school here, and between the lack of consistency with rules (rules seem to change for each child) and the way my child is treated (very poorly) I won't even give this school 1 star.

Posted January 12, 2010
Real people understanding real issues of children, and parents

Posted May 15, 2009
I have 4 of my 5 children in Jeff-Lincoln Elm. & could not be happier. I also have one daughter who is borderline ADD/ADHD and they have dealt with her beautifully. I am sad to hear of parents who feel differently, but in my experience, sometimes its just the parents issue, not the child or the teaching staff. We love Jeff-Linclon all my childen have been succesful and gone on to continuing to be successful. Parents ahve to do they part, we are a team. Thanks Jeff-Lincoln facilty. Brook Leal & kids

Posted May 07, 2009
I moved to WA in July 2008 from CA. After asking different people about schools in the area they all warned me that Jefferson Lincoln was a high poverty school and the education was not up to the level they thought acceptable. Many advised me to have my children attend Fords Prarie. I have never been more pleased that I decided to allow my children to attend Jefferson Lincoln. The teachers are outstanding and the office staff is amazingly friendly and helpful whenever I need information. Today I checked the new WASL test scores that were posted for the most current school year available, 2007-2008, much to my surprise the proof was in the scores. Jefferson Lincoln outscored Fords Prarie nearly 10% in Reading and nearly 4% in Math. In fact, Jefferson Lincoln outscored all the Elementary K-3 schools in Centralia. Way to go, Jefferson Lincoln!!!

Posted October 23, 2008
I have had 5 children pass through this school. All did very well and I was happy with the teaching. That is until my special needs daughter made it out of the pre-school program and into kindergarden. This school does nothing for special needs children K-3. The teachers talk like they care at conferences but the very next day are getting down on the children. My daughter comes home crying almost everyday. We are considering moving her if a meeting with the principle doesn't help the situation.

Jefferson Lincoln Elementary School
400 West Summa, Centralia, WA  98531
Last modified Jefferson Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top