Clyde Hill, WA

Posted September 26, 2014
Sacred Heart is a great school with a fantastic, supportive and active community of parents. We have been part of the school for 6 years, since my oldest started in Kindergarten. Every year, we are amaze at how wonderful, dedicated, knowledge, great teachers we get. There are two classes per grade, so there is always the question of 'who would you get?', but in all cases, we have been blessed with fantastic teachers. They have a phenomenal math program to support those kids more advanced and those who may need additional help. Same thing for reading. They provide excellent guidance on principles, values and fundamentals for the kids. We also have a great School Counselor who covers all kids with a great programmatic approach, but is able to customize for each kid. There is a super convenient before/after hours program where kids can safely stay at school, play, do homework, spend time at the library, etc. Fantastic option for working parents. Extra-curricular is full of options as well: chess, soccer, cross-country, basketball, volleyball, art, drama. Catholic education is well balanced and included in all elements of the school.

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted June 09, 2014
Sacred Heart School is a community of great kids and families. Your children will have an optimal grade school experience with all the extras- sports, plays, dances and philanthropy. The place Sacred Heart is lacking- and in some areas strongly lacking-is academics. There are some excellent teachers here, but the turnover has been excessive in recent years, and they have lost some if their best teachers. The math and science programs are particularly bad and a high percentage of students seek outside assistance to keep up with area norms for math. The community is why you send your kids to Sacred Heart. They will love it but be prepared to supplement their education.

Posted May 20, 2014
We moved to the Bellevue area from the mid-west when my daughters were in the middle of their 7th and 3rd grade years. Although they came in mid-year, the transition went smoothly. Both had friends the first day and were excited to go to school. The Admissions Director assigned parent mentors that helped to make the transition easy for a parent as well. The teachers were amazing and willing to get my children up to speed in different subjects. We have been at the school for over three years know and it was one of the best decisions I made during the move process. Sacred Heart School offers many opportunities that other schools do not - an expansive drama program, CYO Sports, yearbook, student council, chess team, after school art program, and more. Parents are encouraged to be involved at many levels of the school. The connection with the parish provides a stable faith component - even if you are not catholic. I highly recommend Sacred Heart School to anyone who is looking for strong academics in a caring, faith-filled environment.

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted August 25, 2012
Our two children have completed 3 years at Sacred Heart, and we are very happy with the school. If there can be such a thing as a liberal Catholic school, this is it. The religious component focuses on behavior -- the Golden Rule -- rather than doctrine. My kids feel loved and supported by teachers and staff. The academics are solid; but probably not as demanding as other private schools. We supplement at home. Homework is manageable, and the projects allow room for creativity. The principal is an effective leader and standard-bearer for the school; unfortunately, the vice-principal is neither. Good extra-curricular activities, particularly CYO soccer, the weekly chess classes, and the annual school play.

Posted October 24, 2010
Sacred Heart School is a wonderful place for children. The administration (principal and vice principal) are always available to meet with parents and have an obvious open door policy. I also hear from my children, and the children of my friends, that the principal and vice principal are present throughout the school and students respect them both. Parents and visitors are greeted by the most friendly person who makes in clear Sacred Heart is happy you are here. The admissions director is wonderful and very helpful. Every year my children have had teachers who care about them and work hard to make sure they are successful. Sacred Heart has a wonderful set of specialists who work well with the classroom teachers. As a parent, I love being part of the Sacred Heart School community.

Posted March 15, 2010
Sacred Heart has a new principal Mr. Burroughs who has been there for about 2-3 years now and he is wonderful. Very orthodox Catholic (married with four children) a great administrator and humble. He is a great listener and easy to talk to or go to with any questions. I also did not have a good experience with the previous principal. She was detached and unfriendly, well-educated but not with good pastoral/understanding skills. She was German and quite aloof. Generally I am very happy with Sacred Heart, my children are happy to go to school every day. I was concerned because of the upper-class area that the school is situated in that the children would be materialistic and unfriendly but we found quite the opposite. My girls say there is no bullying and the teachers are amazing. The faith is very much practiced with plenty of service projects, academically very strong.

Posted January 13, 2010
Very good school and parish, thanks to Fr, Ritter. Although some parents will snub you if you are not in their high economic bracket, the school staff will work with you and are very nice.

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted July 24, 2009
Great school continually updating curriculum to meet student needs. Best technology use integrated into all lessons. Activboards, laptops, cameras. smaller class size for more individual student assistance. Outstanding social justice programs for K-8 students help create a 'love your neighbor' caring environment to learn and grow. The teachers help make a difference and let students know that they are special.

Posted September 09, 2008
This school is great my kids loved it! I had 3 kids at the school they have all loved the teachers and the cyo program.

Sacred Heart School