Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My student left this school last year when we moved, nothing was ever done about them being bullied... I'm happy to say we're now in a school that's truely zero tolerance for bullying.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Well since her teacher she had for 2 years in a row decided that she wasn't going to care about the no contact order I would say the teachers need some work.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child was promised she would be watched over I 5th grade after she was put into the same class as the bully and yet they put them into the same cabin for 5th grade. Her teacher didn't see that it was an issue yet my child was shoved the first week of school and hit weeks later... My child was made out to be the one with the problem and now is suffering from anxiety because of it.

My daughter was bullied for 5 years at Covington by the same person while staff and administration did nothing. Her 5th grade ended in a no-contact order with the student since they were put in the same grade level. Do what you can to not have your child go here, it's not a safe place for someone who is "timid" because district administration will then inform your child that they can see why they were bullied...

We recently left Covington and at their new school I found out that both of my daughter were horribly behind in math and had been taught the block ten incorrectly, with the help of the new teachers my daughter are now advanced in math!! My oldest was bullied so badly at Covington school that she still has problems trusting other kids to be nice and for adults to listen to what she is telling them.

This year was our child's first at Covington and we were very pleased with the teachers and leadership. The principal, in his first year at Covington, has brought leadership, stability and accountability. I saw him at every event during the year actively participating in many different capacities. He's dedicated to see Covington succeed. His "Succeed every day" motto has definitely sunk in with my child. We were extremely pleased with our child's 1st grade teacher. She was well organized, managed her classroom effectively and easily available. We liked they placed students from different classrooms and grades into special groups for reading and math based on their abilities, ensuring our child was challenged with material appropriate to our child's skills. Parent involvement continues to increase. The PTA holds many well attended events and there is very good focus on seeing kids succeed. Once the new school is built I believe it will improve the overall culture even more. We are happy with Covington and believe it has a bright future. They have a solid principal, a faculty dedicated to their work, and an increasing number of parents focused on seeing the students succeed.

EXELLENT TEACHERS ES UNA BUENA ESCUELA PARA MIS NINIAS, ;) ME ENCANTA QU ELOS APOLLAN EN LO QUE ELLOS DECEANN Y LES DAN BUENAS IDEASS!! PARA LOGRARLOO,ESOO ES BUENO PARA LOS NINIOS,ASII QUE ES UN BUEN APOLLO PARA NOSOTROS LOS PAPAS ASIIQ UE GRACIAS COVINGTON ELEMENTARY WA..

I used to b a former student at Covington. This school has good sides and bad sides. The teachers are all different and it depends on who you get. For example my teacher Mrs. Myette was the greatest teacher I had during fifth nd sixth grade. She taught me so much and brought my interest in reding so much higher than before so that I counted 70books of reading for the whole year with her. So if your looking for teacher with an interest of math, reading, writing, social studies, reading, science and did I mention reading? She is the choice for you for the 2010-2011 year fifth grade! But I not all of the teachers are nice. There are some recess teachers that get angry over small things. If your a student and you come to the office to ask a question the staff will ignore until they're done!

This has been the worst school my child has ever attended. We are a military family and move often so we've had plenty of exposure to public schools in many states over the last 11 years. This particular school in my opinion lacks monumentally in child supervision. The ratio for adults vs. students at recess is 1 per 100 students. On a typical day there are about 200 students (1st-6th grade) altogether for recess. You do the math. My son has been harrassed and threatened numerous accounts both in class and at recess. The faculty/adminstration is proactive once the parent gets involved and endorses a 'no tolerance' policy for this behavior. However, this would'nt be an issue if there was proper supervision being administered. On a side note the student body (more so in the upper grades) has very strong clicks so if you are a new student be advised.

Last modified Covington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.