Woodmont Elementary School 2

Posted February 27, 2014
I am a previous student and man wow. Ther were way too many rules i got a conduct report for jumping off a 2 foot ledge. I was in the gifted program and i liked that. I really did not like the principal and the p.e teacher. P.e, music and library are only a half hour , boring, and not even every day.

Woodmont Elementary School 5

Posted August 27, 2013
Thoroughly impressed with the standards based education my kids have received! Kuddos to the hard working staff!

Woodmont Elementary School 3

Posted September 05, 2012
I believe that this is a great school that supports your students independence and however the principal is often focused on the wrong things. Thier Gifted and Talented program selelction process is very flawed. However, when forced to make a choice about a good school in the district I would definitely choose this school for my child. Lots of nuturing success focused teachers and a family friendly environment. It has a private school feel.

Woodmont Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2012
So very sad, just a few short years ago Woodmont was an exceptional school. Many good teachers have fled, test scores down and a principal who boarders on the incompetent.

Woodmont Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Woodmont K-8 because of their commitment to see students succeed! The staff is friendly and have been helpful and understanding in times of family difficulties. Also, the school is relatively small so the student teacher ratio is more balanced.

Woodmont Elementary School 0

Posted August 19, 2009
This school has a fantastic staff. Everyone cares about the students. If you want high standards go here. If you want chaos go somewhere else.

Woodmont Elementary School 5

Posted August 13, 2008
My kids have been in this school since kinder and I have had wonderful results for my kids. Its easy to stay connected .

Woodmont Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2008

Woodmont Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2007
I really like this school. I have learned so much and was pleased with the way they handle the WASL. I think that the teachers are often rude though. The teachers think that giving a piece of paper to a child will make them learn. If you get more than three a day, you sit in a room doing your work with no questions asked. Although the teachers and discipline are bad the principle is involved in everything. She comes in and checks the classrooms daily. The sports and after school activities aren't very educational. The school only provides track and choir. The parent invlolvement is pretty good. The school and PTA ask for as much volunteers as they can. The dinners and activities that the school has askes for as much parent involvement as possible. Overall i like this school.

Woodmont Elementary School 1

Posted June 16, 2007
After a year here, we considered homeschool. Luckily we are now moving out of state to a place that values education. The staff is great, the parents are great, but the district and school philosophies are all wrong! They don't have enough funds for a librarian, however they can afford to hire a teacher to work with our students on taking the WASL. That is really all this school cares about. They don't take the WASL until 3rd grade, yet they had my 2nd grade son stressed out about it! I would say look into homeschooling if you move into this district!

Woodmont Elementary School
26454 16th Av South, Des Moines, WA  98198
Last modified Woodmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodmont Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top