Bad
Good

I am a previous student and man wow. Ther were way too many rules i got a conduct report for jumping off a 2 foot ledge. I was in the gifted program and i liked that. I really did not like the principal and the p.e teacher. P.e, music and library are only a half hour , boring, and not even every day.

Thoroughly impressed with the standards based education my kids have received! Kuddos to the hard working staff!

I believe that this is a great school that supports your students independence and however the principal is often focused on the wrong things. Thier Gifted and Talented program selelction process is very flawed. However, when forced to make a choice about a good school in the district I would definitely choose this school for my child. Lots of nuturing success focused teachers and a family friendly environment. It has a private school feel.

So very sad, just a few short years ago Woodmont was an exceptional school. Many good teachers have fled, test scores down and a principal who boarders on the incompetent.

I love Woodmont K-8 because of their commitment to see students succeed! The staff is friendly and have been helpful and understanding in times of family difficulties. Also, the school is relatively small so the student teacher ratio is more balanced.

This school has a fantastic staff. Everyone cares about the students. If you want high standards go here. If you want chaos go somewhere else.

My kids have been in this school since kinder and I have had wonderful results for my kids. Its easy to stay connected .

I really like this school. I have learned so much and was pleased with the way they handle the WASL. I think that the teachers are often rude though. The teachers think that giving a piece of paper to a child will make them learn. If you get more than three a day, you sit in a room doing your work with no questions asked. Although the teachers and discipline are bad the principle is involved in everything. She comes in and checks the classrooms daily. The sports and after school activities aren't very educational. The school only provides track and choir. The parent invlolvement is pretty good. The school and PTA ask for as much volunteers as they can. The dinners and activities that the school has askes for as much parent involvement as possible. Overall i like this school.

After a year here, we considered homeschool. Luckily we are now moving out of state to a place that values education. The staff is great, the parents are great, but the district and school philosophies are all wrong! They don't have enough funds for a librarian, however they can afford to hire a teacher to work with our students on taking the WASL. That is really all this school cares about. They don't take the WASL until 3rd grade, yet they had my 2nd grade son stressed out about it! I would say look into homeschooling if you move into this district!

My child was choice enrolled at Woodmont because they offered a full-day Kindergarten program. My original plan was to move him to our local neighborhood school the following year. However, I have been so impressed with the teachers that my intention is to keep him there through 5th grade. I have found their policy of study hall for unfinished school work and/or homework to be a helpful consequence to remind him of when he does not want to do his work. He has only gone to study hall once ~ and he now does his homework and pays attention in class because he does not want to miss recess with his friends.

Last modified Woodmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.