Posted August 22, 2012
hello l would like if do you have a preschool too...l need for my son next year...thanks

Midway Elementary School 2

Posted July 22, 2012
I praise Midway for the unionform it helps to make all equal. But there teachers have no concern for students. The only thing the principal is interested in is how smooth the traffic flows for picking up students. There is no special things for students no special days no real Christmas or holiday recitals for kids, I wish my child could attend North Hill they have so much for kids and parents. The parents need to feel they are welcome and needed to help, but they are not.

Midway Elementary School 1

Posted September 21, 2005
As a once strong supporter of Midway, I no longer will participate! Parents are made to feel as if they are a nucinace, and treated very disrepctivly by both staff and the administrator.Last year Midway had a large family center that housed a clothing and food bank, this year that is gone. In a school with test scores as low as this, parent involment should be encouraged not discouraged. I also belive that a lack of discipline plays a huge part in the faliure of this school. I often witnessed students roaming around aimlessly during school hours as well as class rooms totally out of control. All students deserve a safe place to learn and parents need to be welcomed and encouraged to particpate to make this school sucessful.

Posted May 27, 2005

Midway Elementary School 0

Posted September 08, 2004
I was looking at the reviews for this school academic wise and they are very low. This is my childs first year here and I am extremely worried. The office staff is much more friendly than Parkside for sure though.

Midway Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2004
This is my son's first year at Midway, and it will be his last. I've been extremely disappointed with the teacher and parent involvement. It's unfortunate that there are teachers out there who don't take their careers seriously enough and think of it more as a 'paycheck' than a serious committment, as well as parents who don't feel that they need to be involved in their children's education. It saddens me a great deal.

Posted April 29, 2004
I've sent 4 kids through Midway and I would do it again! The staff have become some of my friends and the office staff is some of the best. Midway has been through many changes and they have come through all of them looking great! The new principal is doing great things. I look forward to hearing good things about Midway in the future.

Posted April 15, 2004
If the principal would give plain to the point answers I would feel more comfortable coming to him. I feel discipline could use some backbone here, but the teachers for the most part are awsome and caring. Principal/ parent realations could use some work.

Midway Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2004
They have just started a family center there. It is one thing that the school has going for it. Next year as a parent coming from a school who already had one this will add to the experience at the school. They will be able to bring more families in to help and feel welcome. I also heard they have a fantastic community outreach person who has set up a food bank and also a clothing bank. An item the families of that school despertaly need. Looking forward to attending there next year with all these things going for them.

Midway Elementary School
22447 24th Ave South, Des Moines, WA  98198
Last modified Midway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Midway Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top