Mount Rainier High School 1

Posted June 13, 2014
Mount Rainier will set you up for failure, I'm ending my freshemen year at Mount Rainier currently and the teachers will not influence you or push you to do your best, taking sudden tests being unprepared by your teachers, racist remarks made by the teachers and discrimination from them also. Most teachers are unbearable to be around since they don't care about how the students are doing in the class. Generally, if you're not there for the optional and risky (risky as in you must do your best to be the average or else your last two years would have been a waste of your time) IB program, most of my freshmen teachers are horrible and I have no words to justify how unqualified they are. Don't go unless you're rich, because you'll be depending on your inheritance to get you places.

Mount Rainier High School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
The athletic director needs to GO!! Cutting the drill team is the worst decision he could have made. These girls need this. The school needs them. Please please please give them another chance!

Mount Rainier High School 4

Posted July 11, 2013
this is the first year for high school. we will not be able to give this school a rating, until after the first year. Mahalo Doane

Posted January 31, 2011
MRHS provides an excellent program and a group of top-notch Honors and I.B. teachers as well as an extensive variety of extracurricular activities. At MRHS you can have an education that is just as good as the Mercer Island/Bellevue schools, just be sure and enroll in the Honors and IB courses and don't slack off. This school has produced many graduates with national achievements and students who go on to top colleges like Stanford and Cal Tech. I definitely recommend the IB program, it prepared me for the standard of work required to excell in a four-year university.

Posted October 03, 2009
incredibly dedicated teachers and coaches. They really care about the kids and their families. High achievement scores and wonderful programs abound.

Posted August 22, 2009
This school is bar none the greatest high school in washington!! ive been in and out of school districts for the past twelve years and as a senior now i can say that MRHS is the greatest school with the friendliest teachers and best education plan i've seen out of the six high schools i've attended this year. beats out Tyee, Highline, Evergreen, North Central, West Seattle, and Cheif Sealth. No competition!!!

Posted December 17, 2008

Posted August 02, 2008

Mount Rainier High School 4

Posted September 01, 2007

Posted April 15, 2007
This School is excellent! I'm currently a sophomore here at MRHS. I feel that the teachers are the best! I've been earning C's and D's for a while in past schools, but when I entered MRHS as a 9th grader, I was given a chance the teachers believed in me and gave me confidence to exceed. I'm now earning A's and B's !! I highly recommend this school to parents and students! This school is a good preparation for college.

Mount Rainier High School
22450 19th Ave South, Des Moines, WA  98198
Last modified Mount Rainier High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Rainier High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.