Des Moines, WA

Posted December 18, 2014
I enrolled my son here for kindergarten and before the end of the year ended up pulling him out to home school him. We walked to school every morning and I think I saw more of what was going on then the staff. It was the kindergarten teacher's first year and I think she was in over her head for what she had to deal with. Some of the children are aggressive and violent and nothing was done about it. After being kicked in the stomach and choked among other things I was beginning to doubt the ability of the school to care for my son. He even ended up with a concussion that resulted in a trip to Mary Bridge and no one at the school could tell me how he got it. He couldn't see us, he was acting weird and he eventually puked before feeling better. The last straw was a boy in his music class trying to touch his privates. When bringing this issue to the principal I was informed this boy has had problems before and then the principal related a story to me of her son and basically said she just ignored it and I should do the same.

Posted February 07, 2014
Several reasons why that one star. -The Principal does not retire, and staying warm while kids are cold outside. -The teachers ignore what the kids are talking about in the class. -Basketball supposed to be an indoor game, the coach tells kids to play outside in the cold. -Math and science exercises are worthless compared to Kent schools. -Below average scores. -Highline School District is in general a worst one.

Posted June 22, 2013
Who was your child's kindergarten teacher? I have never heard of a kindergarten classroom having 3 teachers. I loved my son's kindergarten teacher along with most of the teachers and staff we encountered. He only attended for 3 years but we had a great experience. I loved the weekly newsletters and felt most teachers did a great job keeping me informed of what was going on. Parkside as a whole was a great school!

Posted June 16, 2012
Overall, I'm disappointed. I saw my son's kindergarten teacher(s) every school day at least once. We emailed often. Perhaps it was the confusion of having 3 different kindergarten teachers in the same classroom. But, on his final progress report, after not voicing any concerns to me, she states that he's not doing well in math and she has concerns for first grade. I feel that a more concerned teacher would inform a parent before the last day of school if there were problems. Again, it may have been the teacher and not the school, but neither of my sons will be continuing at Parkside. As for the other comments. The new school is lovely, the staff appeared friendly. While I had almost no interaction with the Principal, she appears to be a very hard worker and very dedicated. The PTA was quite communicative. My issue had more to do with the behavior of the kindergarten teacher.

Parkside Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2011
The school was totally rebuilt in 2010. It is beautiful and comfortable for students, staff and volunteers. There is an active PTA and a Family Center for volunteers to work and community meetings.

Parkside Elementary School 2

Posted December 09, 2009

Parkside Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2008

Parkside Elementary School 0

Posted July 26, 2008
My two kids went to parkside. I live in Chicago. I always felt like my kids were left among family. From the principal down to the counselor, everybody was great. Good job. Lakeside will be missed. Good Job.

Posted November 29, 2005
This school has made such great strides over the last two years after changing back to PK-6. The Principals leadership has been unwavering and just what this school needed. Robin Lameroux is an unbelievably fair, just, and all around great leader. The teacher are wonderful and the school climate has changed a great deal. I once worried about my older child being here, I now am confident about my younger child being here. Thank you Robin and our wonderful teachers for bringing us peace of mind, and knowing of heart. Becky Sahm deserves an award for the amazing teacher she is. Also the 6th grade team deserves recognition for taking on a task no one else wanted to and making it a success. Thank you sixth grade team, you made my child last year of Elementary a safe, fun, learning experience that no other school could beat! Go Panthers!

Posted January 09, 2005
- a administrator

Parkside Elementary School
2104 South 247th St, Des Moines, WA  98198
Last modified Parkside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top