Posted August 20, 2014
As I mentioned in my review of CVE, it frustrates me when people think the schools in Riverview School District are somewhat lesser quality and not quite up to the standards of the "prestigious" Northshore District it borders. I've had my children in 3 of the schools in Riverview and we couldn't be happier! Our oldest just graduated from CHS and she had a wonderful experience. CHS isn't as big as some of the other high schools on the eastside, but that was a plus for our family moving here from small town USA. We were impressed with the available classes as well as the number of clubs, activities and sports. I loved the fact that the district provides a "rooter bus" for the students to take to support their Redwolves at away sporting events. Parents can volunteer through PTA, however, it is high school. Do they really want us more involved than that? :) The students seem to have a lot of respect for principal Mr Lavarias and the one and only time we had a slight issue with a substitute teacher was handled very effectively by assistant principal, Mr LaBate. I definitely wouldn't overlook CHS or the Riverview School District just because it isn't Northshore.

Cedarcrest High School 1

Posted December 02, 2013
My daughter attended. She has learning challenges, the teachers were very reluctent to accomadate her needs. Some were even reluctent to talk about how to give her the best chance of success. Very inflexable and nonresponsive. If you have the choice go somewhere else.

Posted April 28, 2013
I went to cedarcrest for 4 years and while it isn't awful it isn't great either. Some of the teachers are super nice but when I think about it there are only about 5 I enjoyed having a class with. other teachers are awful! like a reviewer said before they should not be around children and are very unprofessional, same goes for many of the higher-ups in the school. The school is quite small but I liked that part about it. food is really bad, don't even think about enrolling your kid if they have any extreme food allergies, I did and the school did not care at all about cross contamination. I was out of school sick often because of this. The football games are fun because all of the funds for the school goes straight to football while other sports have to fundraiser to afford a bus to go to their own games. There is the average amount of bullying I see in other high schools but it really depends on the kids. If you can avoid it, don't bring your kids here

Posted November 18, 2011
I'd been going to this school for going on three years, I recently switched to the CLIP alternative school. This school is a joke, the adminastration are rediculious, the teachers are unprofessional, and really shouldn't be around children. You'd be lucky to have 1 teacher a year that actually cared about you. I went through a tough time and my councilor tried to force me out of my school every chance he got, into clip, which is not the education I wanted for myself. The students are cruel, there's drama left and right. Just an all around bad environment for anyone. Don't send your children here. Please.

Posted October 03, 2009
Cedarcrest is a small high school with a big heart. The teachers are dedicated and the staff is awesome. The kids are a pretty tight bunch and really care about each other. We live 2 blocks away and love hearing the band practice, the football games and not having to drive our kids to school.

Cedarcrest High School 4

Posted December 13, 2008

Posted November 01, 2008
I am currently a student at CHS and the teachers there are willing to do what they need to do to get you to where you want to go. While offering only the classes that would be needed in the 'real' world, they make them incredibly fun and interesting. The teachers know how to put the fun in a class while still teaching you EVERYTHING you need to know. Although the hallways are crowded, that doesn't affect my school life at all, we just don't have the money to expand them. The teachers also show how tough real life can be and make it as realistic as life will be when we get out. Cedarcrest is a safe environment and is a great place to learn and have fun.

Posted October 17, 2008
i just moved to this school and i absolutely hate it. there isn't enough room for the students to walk in the classes and it takes about three minutes just to walk down the hallway!

Posted January 08, 2008
I went to this school for 4 years and if I could go back I would...The teachers are amazing and their level of commitment is impressive. They totally care about how well the students do during class, I am an example of this. I had trouble through every math class I took, but each of my teachers were perfectly willing to help me find the proper answers. Without that there is no way I could have passed any of my math classes. And most of the teachers there have great attitudes towards the students and love to keep it friendly as long as everyone is still willing to do the work. The only people I can think of that ever suffered while going to this school were the people who did not try in class, and those who made a reputation for themselves of being 'bad'.

Cedarcrest High School 1

Posted February 27, 2007
- a administrator

Cedarcrest High School
29000 NE 150th St, Duvall, WA  98019
Last modified Cedarcrest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedarcrest High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top