Bad
Good

Cascade is a great school. The principal has a real vision for the school and a plan to insure that all students succeed. She works hard to make sure that the needs of all students are addressed and has a gift in dealing with special needs kids. The front office is welcoming and helpful. It is obvious that decisions are made with the best interest of the students at heart.

My school is Cascade Elementary in East Wenatchee, WA. This year was the first year that my children went to this school. I can say that Cascade seems to be far behind than the previous school my children went to. They are learning the same thing they were taught last year. And my daughter has not brought any homework home at all. Her teacher said that they learn "nothing" when they do work at home. It actually lets me know what they are learning and lets me be involved in what my children are doing. The building to this school needs major inmprovment. The children have to walk outside in order to get to other classes or activities. I have almost fallen a couple times due to the ice that was not covered with sand or ice melt. The office personnell are quite nice, except for the fact that there are a couple of people who speak to children in a rude tone of voice. I was in to talk to the office personnell about excusing my children early and I guess the woman at the front didn't know that the two children were with me and she raised her voice and told them to "go, you're already late as it is", I guess she has forgotten school rules "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I am a foster parent and have a special needs foster child. I have found Cascade Elementary teaching and daycare staff to be extremely helpful, patient and understanding of the childs learning and behaviour challenges. I highly recommend this school for any parent that has a child that requires the extra support.

If you have always lived in the neighborhood by Cascade Elementary then you will have a wonderful experience, but if you don't know the right teacher or the right parents, your experience at Cascade will be inconsistent at best.

Last modified Cascade Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.