Eatonville, WA

Eatonville Elementary School 3

Posted April 10, 2013
Find it funny that all of the sudden there are 5 reviews within days of each other after there is word of closing Columbia Crest but also that Eatonville El is on the cusp of cuts as well. I cannot support a 5 out of 5 for Eatonville El. The school is a decent school with decent teachers. The Spec ed program is doing a great job with the spec ed kids. The town on the other hand is not welcoming like another poster stated. She must be on something to think they welcomed her with open arms. She is a fool is she doesn't think they don't talk about her behind her back. This is a tight nit community, if you grew up here and graduated from EHS. I have made several attempts to get "in" with these people. I have lived here for over 5 years now. All of my kids participated with the local sports league, what a nightmare that is. Again, tight nit, if you grew up here or have family that did. I pray this town learns to change its ways or the rate of declining people moving in will stay the course and we will be considering closing the doors to all schools and busing them to Bethel. So to all locals reading this, CHANGE and welcome people in! oh and GO CRUISERS.

Posted April 09, 2013
Our experience at this school is average. They seem to be a bit behind technically. Teachers are somewhat older and their teaching style old as well. I bring my kids to school every morning and I 'm still not sure who the principal is. At our previous school, we received weekly recorded updates from our principal and she made every effort to say hello to every student and parent each morning. The mood around the school is bare. It could be we haven't been there long enough, but so far it doesn't seem to be great, just another average school.

Posted January 18, 2013
My experience with Eatonville Elementary has been fantastic. I appreciate the strong, consistent leadership that the principal brings not only to the school, but to the community as well. I came to this town 5 years ago and was welcomed like I grew up here. The community support for our kids is beyond stellar and the quality of the teachers here is evident in the academic success my kids have been blessed with. I especially appreciate the PTA/Booster club; these dedicated volunteers provide untiring support for our stellar educational staff and are always there to assist any kid who is in need. I sincerely cannot say enough good things about EES, from the excellent leadership that the principle provides, to the quality of the programs available to all types of kids and the unwavering support of a fantastic volunteer core, this is one of the best place in Washington and perhaps the nation to raise your kids. Bottom line, I would try to get your kids enrolled in this school if possible. GO CRUSIERS!

Posted January 17, 2013
I have two children in this school and have had great experiences. The staff is always helpful and courteous. The teachers I've encountered have the students in their best interests. The principal is fair and professional and willing to talk if you communicate. Although this is a small town I came here only a few years ago and feel right at home. Very nice people and a great group of parents who volunteer as well. Great little school for the kids!

Posted January 16, 2013
This is a great little school. The building was recently remodeled, and features some of the latest technology and school safety features that are available. It is a Title 1 school, so there are some special programs in place to help boost student achievement. I especially like the small group reading instruction that is available for younger students. I've had experience with big city schools where the school staff and principals are only there until the next career move. This school's staff members are part of the community, and they care about the kids and their families.

Posted January 10, 2013
I have now been a parent at Eatonville Elementary for almost 8 years. One kid has made it through while two more are still in attendance. This school and its staff have always been respectful and understanding as well as helpful. There is a great sense of community and many opportunities to become more involved. When I was new to this town, I was welcomed with open arms and made to feel like I belonged there. Now, it feels like home! The teachers and staff communicate well with parents and always greet you with a smile. My kids are very different and touch both ends of the spectrum as far as behavior and learning abilities. We have always been given the best of everything. I am more than happy with the Leadership, Academics, and Staff at EES!

Posted November 13, 2012
This school lacks leadership. Any issue, minor or major that I have brought to the school principal has been ignored completely. I have brought this issue up to several parents and a few had the same experience. Like others have pointed out, this school has a tight knit community, BUT if your new in town be sure you won't be a part of THEIR community. The PTA is especially exclusive, almost a "Mean Girl" community. So far, our teachers have been great and the staff that greets you in the office are a group of wonderful, caring women. Bottom line, I would try to avoid this school if possible.

Posted November 18, 2010
We moved our son from Weyerhaeuser Elementary School to this school. He has made a huge turn around in his attitude and grades. I love his teacher Mrs. Aims and the fact that she and other staff give up one lunch a week to hold a study hall for any kids that want it. My son does study hall everyday and has not been late on one assignment. This real teaching and I am thrilled with this teacher and school. I wish we would have moved my children sooner!

Posted August 30, 2010
Seems to have poor leadership in the school. Most teachers are great, some should consider retiring. Does not seem to be a good school for gifted children, does not seem to challenge them so they get bored and are looked down upon as trouble by some teachers and staff. Does not seem to be willing to take in parent considerations.

Eatonville Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2008

Eatonville Elementary School
209 Lynch Creek Rd, Eatonville, WA  98328
Last modified Eatonville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eatonville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top