PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Excellent school with dedicated hard working teachers and a loving community. My kindergartner has learned so much this year. As soon as I pick him up he shares about his day. Mostly about what he learned. The Kindergarten class with Mrs. Wachob and Mrs. Rash is one of the most efficient Kindergarten classes I have ever seen / experienced. The children are reading, writing, and doing science and math! They have a "Scientist of the Day" activity in which they are sent home with a science experiment to practice and present to their classmates. What a way to get started in science and public speaking! I couldn't be happier with Holy Rosary School! Thank you!!

My son went to this school breifly, so I can only comment on the Kindergarten and First grade teachers. Both teachers were exceptional educators and incredibly loving women. I loved the Kindergarten curriculum and all of the special projects they did, as well as the emphasis on reading. (Ex:) They had literature circles, wrote reports on animals, did fun Math by counting and then making math sentences with Gingerbread men, and made pillows during their study of the pioneer times. I loved that my husband and I both could be part of his learning on a regular basis, as volunteering is strongly encouraged. My son has very fond memories of the school, that he will take with him forever. We switched for a variety of reasons, but ultimately because he needed a Gifted Program (which he is now in.). I do agree with the post below that there is a gossipping issue and did experience it firsthand, but this can be the case anywhere you go. If one learns to navigate around that and find the plenty of true gems in this school, they will be very happy!

Education is what you make of it and this school has a lot of teachers, staff and parents that are involved and care about the students, curriculum and higher learning. Our children presently attend Holy Rosary Edmonds and we believe they have benefited from a private education. Our children started in the Pre-K program that is exceptional. It has provided our children with an outstanding foundation for early learning. Our children enjoy school and the challenges presented in the lesson plans. I believe it is a parent s responsibility to provide morals and values for our children as we help them to become positive contributors in this complicated world. Holy Rosary enhances these values with excellent programs designed to challenge and motivate our children through positive classroom projects and experiences. Parents are the heart and soul of any education your child receives. You must be an involved parent in order for your child to be successful no matter what school your child attends. We would recommend Holy Rosary Edmonds to anyone looking for a great school for your children.

A great, private school in quant Downtow Edmonds. An excellent alternative to the good public schools in the area, and at a very affordable price compared to other private offerings in the area. The teachers are excellent and committed to the education and safety of the students. The catholic influence and education is enough to instill strong morals and values in the children, but not over bearing. The principal has a PhD in education and a deep, caring spirit for the students with her own unique style and qualities to add to the charm of this school. The students graduate pre-k to 8th grade with the tools needed to succeed and excel in High School and beyond. My kids went on to Edmonds0-Woodway and their freshman year was almost a step backwards in terms of curriculum and school load. Straight A's were easy given the preparartion they had. I've read a few of the complaints about this school from another family that felt the need to leave. I feel this school offers good diversity given the demographics of Edmonds, and it is sad you feel you didn't fit in, but 300+ families love the school and the faculty and thrive here.

We have three kids attending Holy Rosary, one of them being in the Pre-K class. After several weeks in Pre-K our child informed us he was sad that he was only going half day, and wanted us to change him to full day -TOMORROW! Need I say more about the strength of the Pre-K teacher. Our 3 children our exposed to a well rounded education through academics, faith,and athletics. Parents, teachers and administration our friendly and one feels good to be part of this inclusive community.

The school community is amazing. The academics is a bit weak. It appears as if their goal is for everyone to get a 4 point, so they lower the requirements and challenges to accomplish this. With a private school, the value is that the administration can make the hard decisions and eliminate teachers that are not performing up to expectations. From hearing all of the stories about the 4th grade teacher it is apparent that they are not striving to be the best school, they are going with the status quo. They need to find a more dynamic principal that creates a culture of excellence. Currently we have an 8th grader that does 30 minutes of home work and breezes through the classes with a 4 point average. Again, amazing family community, but lacking academics.

administration need major rehauling.

pretty good teachers, academics is easy, prepares you for a catholic highschool, strict rules.

great teachers, fun pe, but its still a strict catholic schhool

Strong academics, really supportive parents, strong involvement, and nice children. Good sports program, especially soccer, good music program.

Last modified Holy Rosary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8