Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Madrona Nongraded
Develops respect: Disagree

Posted September 30, 2015
I think that overly casual attitudes don't shoe respect for the school and I thought some of the teachers were a little sloppy.

Madrona Nongraded 1

Posted September 30, 2015
I toured this school and was unimpressed. Call me old fashioned, but I expect teachers to set a good example by dressing neatly. I found the presentations by a couple of teachers to be overly casual. One of them sat on a desk cross-legged during his entire presentation and was dressed in a shabby t-shirt and jeans. I want my child to be successful and think that successful looking role models pave the way in that regard. Didn't see much of that at Madrona.

Posted August 07, 2013
This has been my school for many years and I am graduating from here soon. I am heartbroken because Madrona has many great teachers, people, and classes, and I don't think I would be who I would be today without these wonderful factors. I love Madrona from the bottom of my heart. I'll miss you!

Posted September 01, 2011
Madrona is a public "choice" school in the Edmonds School District, so your child must be selected in the annual lottery in order to attend (there are no testing requirements, so all students have an equal chance). We were lucky enough to win a spot two years ago, and our daughter is about to start 2nd grade in one of the primary centers. Her K teacher was a perfect fit for her personality, and if it is possible, she likes her primary teachers even more--adores is more like it. She looks forward to school, is challenged on a daily basis, is encouraged to help others, and is taught life-long skills such as teamwork, working independently, and respect. We are active members of the parent organization, and without exception they are caring, committed people who love their school and work tirelessly to improve it, whether it is working on the grounds, running several of the school-wide events each year, or organizing staff appreciation events. Knowing that our daughter will only attend one school before high school, including the difficult middle school years, is a huge benefit for us as well.

Madrona Nongraded 2

Posted July 17, 2011
I don't understand how this school can be so much below the state average amount of minorities and students who qualify for free/reduced lunch and still be a true lottery. Something smells really fishy here.

Posted June 05, 2011
We are just about to complete our first year here at Madrona. It has been a wonderful experience in so many ways. My kids are excited to go to school everyday, even if they aren't feeling up to par! Teachers are excellent. They motivate the kids, teach over and above the curriculum, and empower the children to be independent learners from early on. The Principal is a very strong leader, is present at every event, and even sends congratulatory cards in the mail to students after performances! There is a very strong parent presence which is both welcomed and encouraged. It's an awesome environment and community.

Posted February 13, 2011
After only five months at Madrona, our family is ecstatic to be part of this community. My older son is being challenged to achieve every day in many ways socially and educationally. My younger "reluctant reader" is getting daily attention and progressing marvelously. Parent involvement is evident in every hallway and at every event. Teachers are given the flexibility to be creative in engaging their students. Students take on the personal responsibility which is expected of them. This is a true community school and we are so happy to have found a home here.

Posted May 25, 2010
Wonderful principal and assistant principal, very dedicated and experienced teachers, and a parent organization that has filled all of the gaps of state and district budget cuts. Ours is the only school in the district to maintain elementary band and orchestra, and to meet the needs of the tech lab, though budgets were drastically cut. MIT (Madrona Integrated Team) is the parent organization, coordinating several hours of parent and grandparent volunteering, and consolidating several fund raisers into one productive Bear Walk in the fall that exceeded budget needs. Special needs kids from the whole district are welcomed at Madrona and are supported by staff, volunteers, and peers. Search "Bear Facts Madrona" to learn more. Multi-age classroom approach allows tailored education for each student and good student interactions. Our second child went to pre-K at a nearby well-regarded private school that paled in comparison to Madrona. We are very pleased all around.

Posted April 21, 2010
The teachers at Madrona are the hardest working, most dedicated, caring teachers I have met.

Posted April 04, 2010
Madrona is an amazing school! I am an 8th grader her at Madrona and I love the sense of community. It's great to go to a school where I can be a role model for younger students. I love visiting the kindergarten classrooms! It makes my day. Also the teachers are so involved. They really care about the students. I have heard about other schools where the teachers just teach but here at Madrona the teachers inspire us and are just amazing people who really care about the us(the students). I love the small community as well; our middle school has only 150 middle schoolers so you know everybody. I am sincerly going to miss Madrona when I go off to high school.

Madrona Nongraded
9300 236th St SW, Edmonds, WA  98020
Last modified Madrona Nongraded is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.