Edmonds, WA

Posted October 14, 2013
Our family LOVES this school. My son attended private schools before coming to Seaview but Seaview is where he has absolutely flourished academically and socially. I don't know about the previous principal but the current one is wonderful. Very involved and knows all his students' names. The teachers here are loving and nurturing. We'll be sad when it's time to move on to middle school.

Posted February 13, 2013
There is a new principal at Seaview and he is excellent. The teachers are loved and the school provides an excellent and safe environment. My son's class size is 18 which is wonderful. Both my children are bright and budget cuts have restricted this school from expanding its co-curriculars but the PTA is hard at work on that front.

Posted June 19, 2009

Posted April 09, 2009

Seaview Elementary School 0

Posted August 27, 2007
The school staff and teachers all seem very friendly and helpful. It's a newer building and the grounds are well-kept. There is a wonderful YMCA after school program on site. We've had a very positive experience at Seaview.

Posted March 16, 2006
SeaView Elementary has a very high parent involvement in the school and is very encouraged. There is an after school chess club and music classes including stringed instruments. I've been grateful for the academics and how they are taught in fun and creative ways. My daughter is in second grade and my son in Kindergarten. They have had science classes that teach everything from pupa to cloud patterns. They have hands on teaching with projects and not just book learning. Parents help out in the lunchroom, on the grounds at recess and throughout the day with projects. There is a 'Shark Hall' store where the students get experience with selling and managing the stock. The Librarian is wonderful to help the children find books in the childrens interest areas and teachers encourage reading in everything. There are many activity nights where Parents get to meet the parents of other students.

Posted January 26, 2006
The principle is weak. She tells you what you want to hear and then does nothing. I do not know of anyone who is impressed by her lack of action. The teachers are wonderful, the parents are very involved and the students are happy.

Posted January 11, 2006

Posted March 27, 2004
We are only in kindergarten, so I can't relate to the 1st. parent's comments. What I am sure of is this: we have had a wonderful first year at Seaview.

Seaview Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2004
Seaview has high academic standards, but this is not the place for the kid who doesn't 'fit the mold.' The principal will follow her adgenda regardless of your input. Definitely not recommended for ESL kids, foster kids or any child who has had a recent emotional setback or is lagging behind the grade level curriculum. No extra help will be available. I have had 2 children attend this school; the 'normal' one excelled, but I was told the school was not legally required to bring my older adopted ESL child up to grade level and no attempt was made to do so. I finally pulled her out of the building, and we did bring her up to grade level through the Homeschooler's Resource Center and Alderwoood Middle School.

Seaview Elementary School
8426 188th St SW, Edmonds, WA  98020
Last modified Seaview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seaview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top