Edmonds, WA

Westgate Elementary School 1

Posted January 07, 2015
I feel the teachers there are the bottom of the barrel and have given up. Apparently they do not believe in positive reinforcements and bully the children into learning.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 21, 2013
We love teachers and PSO. The students also very nice. My children are always happy to go to school. The school has safe and warm environment. We give five star!

Westgate Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2013
I will simply say, we are looking to move just to get out of the Edmonds School District.

Posted May 20, 2010
Westgate has great parent involvement and they are trying to make a difference for the school and the students.

Posted January 10, 2007

Posted April 07, 2005
Our experience at Westgate has been positive. My child is reading, writing and solving math problems at a higher level than my other child who attended Chase Lake Elementary. The Westgate child has a strong sense of belonging here at this school. So far, the teachers have been of the highest caliber at Westgate. I would like to remind 'September 2004' that it is not the appearance of the lawn that is the heart of the school, but rather, it's the staff, parents and, most importantly, the children.

Westgate Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2005
I am a parent at Westgate with two children in attendance. I also have worked as an educator in this school district for many years. I can say that you can not ask for a warmer group of parents, a more encouraging staff, or caring group of children. For the someone to have an opinion that is so negative, I ask you, 'what have you done to make an improvement?'

Posted April 01, 2005
I find it sad to read some of the above reviews about Westgate, as I am an involved parent and see first hand all the efforts of staff and parent involvement to improve Westgate on all levels. We have some of the best staff in the district at our school. It is obvious that any negative information being posted about Westgate, is coming from those who are not involved in this wonderful school.

Posted January 06, 2005
I have to comment on the last review. It is not helpful to compare Westgate (built approximately 1958, renovated 1989) with Chase Lake, completely rebuilt within the last five or so years. Westgate seems to focus on the students--not on appearances. Perhaps Westgate parents could coordinate a beautification effort. And inquire with the district as to when capital improvements can be expected at our school.

Posted September 04, 2004
I couldn't help but to notice that even as school starts was just around the corner, nothing was done to the front yard to indicate freshness or change.The school still looks like a dump on the outside and it makes one wonder about the inside. Has nothing to do with, 'don't judge a book by it's cover'. Sometimes one has to. Why is it that chase lake around the corner in the same district looks spotless? There's an esteem problem at westgate. Maybe the kids don't even try because the school doesn't. The school looks like it has a problem from the outside and as in health that's usually an indication of a problem rooted in the inside. I drive by and i don't want to send my kid there. They can't even mow the lawn or kill the weeds. Plus, why would i want my child to play on that playground with the side walls being backed to shady looking residences? Something about how that school looks and is positioned combined with their low test scores in math doesn't sit well with me. Reminds me of the kid who isn't cared about who then doesn't bother to care about himself to dress nice and walk in the day with a positive outlook. I'm sure it's difficult for the school to expect the best from kids when they're not doing the best for themselves inside and outside.Mow the lawn!new paint trim! do something, start somewhere. Fake it till you make it.

Westgate Elementary School
9601 220th St SW, Edmonds, WA  98020
Last modified Westgate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westgate Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top