Posted November 18, 2013
Edmonds Elementary is a great school with a wonderful community feel. In the year and a half we've been there, we've had nothing but positive experiences. My daughter has had two excellent teachers who were invested in her success and growth as a learner. The principal is committed to the excellence of the school and communicates high expectations. Each staff member I've interacted with has been enthusiastic and positive, and I know my daughter has experienced the same. There are two great parent organizations that really are striving to work together to make the school an even better place. Edmonds Elementary is just the type of school experience we were hoping for and we are looking forward to having both children learn and grow there.

Posted November 28, 2012
Edmonds Elementary has a new principal this year and the changes are amazing. The entire community seems more cohesive, stronger, more positive. The students definitely feel the difference in the overall tenor of Edmonds Elementary. The new principal strongly believes in a holistic approach to education and the community feels this in many ways. She teaches empathy and caring and really looks at the child as a whole person - not just someone who needs to learn reading, writing and 'rithmetics. I have seen first-hand the positive changes in her dealings with volunteers, teachers and staff, too. She listens carefully and chooses a measured and positive response. It seems that she leans into "Yes we can do it!" so much more than "no way, you're crazy!" I am so glad that EE gets a chance to continue it's growth under this new leader.

Posted February 29, 2012
We moved here from abroad and the school have been magnificent with my child. He has had some transitional issues that they have really helped with and I firmly believe that they have gone above and beyond the call of duty to help him settle in. The communication between the school and myself as a parent is wonderful and I really could not be happier. Plus my son loves school now! :) (I am surprised to hear the negative comments posted below as my family have had such a great experience.)

Edmonds Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2011
Our kids transferred to EE from another school dist when we moved to Edmonds. Many of the stories we've heard about the school have not proven true. We've found the teachers to be compassionate & genuinely invested in providing each child with an excellent education. We've found the Administrative staff to be helpful, professional, & warm. The principal is informed, attentive, & provides appropriate leadership, despite many rumors to the contrary. The parent community has a heavy volunteer base in the classrooms & is incredibly generous in raising funds for both the PTA & the STARS enrichment programs. Our kids have felt welcome & have been encouraged to perform to their best ability since they began at the school. We have appreciated the teachers' friendliness & openness to having parent volunteers in class. Moreover, there are many extracurricular activities available as a result of PTA & STARS programs. Please consider that, generally speaking, people only write the very best & very worst opinions when reviewing businesses/services. Can we improve at this school? YES. Cohesion between parents/administration is the first important step for creating a stronger school.

Edmonds Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2011
Love, love, LOVE the school my kids are at now since leaving Edmonds. Very happy with the positive environment and overall communication between parent/admin. Such a night and day difference. Thank you EE for showing me what to look for in a school.

Posted June 07, 2011
We are delighted with the supportive,caring,dedicateed staff and principal at EE. They are all welcoming and friendly, always willing to go that extra mile to make the students feel safe and cared about. Most teachers and the principal can often be found still at the school long after the school day is over, in a sincere effort to give each student the education he deserves through their extra work. It is puzzling to read critical remarks toward the principal as to power and lack of leadership. I wonder if this is made on a more personal level rather than what is good for the students ? What do I think?? Principal leadership at this school has been strong, effective and fair. Perhaps a step back and a good look at the total picture is in order for some people.

Edmonds Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2011
It's nice to hear some people have had recent, positive experiences with the administration of this school. Unfortunately, our experience was not so positive. We had high hopes for going to and supporting our neighborhood school. During our time at EE, we had some truly wonderful teachers that cared deeply for our children. It's too bad that a few of those excellent teachers are no longer there (what's the real reason behind the departures?). Many of the wonderful, extra school-wide activities were provided by the same small group of parents each time (hats off to you!). Other parents were either too busy (totally understand this) or did not want to join in because of all the politics that existed. One can read the stress and tension in the posts on this site. I can honestly say it felt 10 times worse at the school before we left. Truly sad. We are now at a new school where the strong, effective leadership of the principal has created a cohesive community for all involved. Everyone's focus is the children, not the fighting. Declining enrollment, teachers leaving & test scores are not issues. Principals make 6-figure salaries in the ESD. Effective leadership is worth every cent.

Posted June 03, 2011
What a positive atmosphere. Our four children attend Edmonds (the BEST school in the district) and we appreciate all the individual/small group instruction they receive. It s obvious that the principal and teachers really care about the kiddos. We appreciate how supportive everyone is and that staff members make a personal connection with each one of our kids. Every time we come to the Edmonds campus, the staff greets us with friendly wave/greeting. I am amazed at some of the unrealistic comments posted. People who are making bogus statements on this GreatSchools site should be MORE OPEN-MINDED and realize that in three years, Melissa has turned this school into the best learning environment possible. We appreciate Melissa s open-door policy and how willing she is to assist us. Also, these same people need to realize how much the staff goes out of their way to provide a superb learning environment for their children. It is obvious that the teachers and principal work many more hours than typical educators and it shows in the weekly activities that take place at the school. Our children feel 100% safe and know that the staff at Edmonds will do anything for them! Edmonds Rocks!

Posted May 31, 2011
Our three children attend Edmonds and we appreciate all the individual/small group instruction they receive. It is obvious to us that the principal and teachers really care about the kiddos. We appreciate how supportive everyone is and how each staff member makes a personal connection with each one of our kids.

Posted May 28, 2011
We LOVE Edmonds Elementary!!!!!! My two boys attend E.E. and they always talk about how all the teachers are nice and care about them. They also enjoy that the principal goes outside to do running club at lunch. I think they see that the principal is someone who they could go to if they had a problem. As a parent, I have the utmost confidence in the school/teachers/principal. It is obvious that the staff give 110% to unsure that the students receive a top-notch education.

Edmonds Elementary School
1215 Olympic Ave, Edmonds, WA  98020
Last modified Edmonds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edmonds Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.