Ellensburg, WA

Posted March 24, 2010
Teachers are good and encouraging. Many interesting activities for students keep them involved throughout the school day. I am very pleased with my freshman's progress.

Posted February 09, 2009
I enjoyed attending Ellensburg High School and I don't have a single negative thing to say about growing up in this town. Everyone working in the Ellensburg School District seems dedicated to being above average. EHS was a unique and exciting place to get an education.

Posted April 28, 2006
My daughter came from a small school on the westside and excelled but was bored. EHS has the academic challenges she wanted and, with a minor exception, excellent teachers and high-achieving students. It has an exceptional band program, which is competitive, but fun. The band teacher is an 'Energizer Bunny' person who keeps the sparkle and energy going--and the band reflects this. EHS is a new school with top-notch classrooms and equipment. The community pride and support are evident, in contrast to her previous school. It was easy for my daughter to make friends. Her comments from the first day on were how friendly the kids were to her.

Ellensburg High School 3

Posted December 21, 2005
I think there is a great deal of parental involvement here but the educational system is lacking diversity. I also would like to see higher standards in regards to grades. The premises are amazing since the remodel.

Posted April 22, 2005
Ellensburg High School is a brand new facility. Otherwise the staff seems very caring, and eager to work with the parents.

Posted November 14, 2004
Ellensburg High School was a great place for me. I graduated from EHS last year, and I can say that it was a really wonderful time in my life. I was involved in a variety of sports and clubs, and the advisors and coachers were awesome. I was very well prepared for college because of the staff at EHS. Also, the environment was a really good one. I didn't once feel threatened, harassed, excluded or uncomfortable. Ellensburg High School was a great place to go to school, and I loved growing up in Ellensburg!

Posted September 23, 2004
Hi i am a Junior at EHS and i think that the school is great. One good thing about the school is that everybody knows everybody and all the teachers actualy want to be there, this makes for a great learning enviroment. Students there for the most part are pretty nice to teachers and peers. the school offers a great amount of groups/sports from football to the tolerance awareness allience (TAA). The students tend to just accept everybody and there. Bullying isn't bad i have never known someone who gets bullied and i know most the students. In my oppinion EHS is the best school out there!

Posted August 03, 2004
Ellensburg is very cliquish and exhibits a definable level of disparity between rural/ag residents, residents tied directly to the local university, and residents tied to the community's business sector. Kids at Ellensburg High School tend to fall directly into the clique that best reflects their parents' occupation(s). Yet despite the well-pronounced cliques, the academic environment is superb. Teachers are of the highest quality, and are known to go the extra mile on behalf of any given student who needs special attention or just wants to accelerate. The high school provides a plethora of extra curricular activities in various arenas, including: athletics, theater, clubs, etc. Teachers tend to show a fair amount of favoritism toward the brightest minds and the most gifted athletes, but teachers tend to be very fair and expect a good deal of effort from their students. School administration is above average.

Posted June 04, 2004
In response to the persons friend who was harassed. I go to EHS and this is not a regular occourance. Im sorry if you friend was hurt, but a teacher would have done something had they know about the problem.

Posted April 29, 2004
I am not a parent, I am a student attending EHS. This is my 4th high school, and favorite to date. I enjoy the teachers attention to individuals and the students themselves that attend EHS. Next year I'll be a proud graduate from Ellensburg High School, and for good reason. It may be a small school in an even smaller community, but the education is worth every tax dollar and the kids are unique and great to be friends with! In my old high schools there may have been one or two teachers worth my time and education, but here I've never questioned their worth. (Thanks Mr. Wiesen.)

Ellensburg High School
1203 East Capitol, Ellensburg, WA  98926
Last modified Ellensburg High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellensburg High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top