Enumclaw, WA

Posted May 19, 2015
I had a child who went to EMS and she loved this school. I have another child who is going there now and she likes her school just as much. The teachers there know all their kids by names and recognize the kids when they notice unique quality about that child. Teachers go out of their way to encourage children to participate in a sport or a club that they see the child would do well in. The teachers are very energetic and pleasant to work with. I am hoping for many years of such great educators in EMS.

Posted May 18, 2015
I cannot speak highly enough about our experience at EMS. The staff is incredibly dedicated and caring. Everyone knows my students and myself by name. Staff is collaborative and creative and committed to the success of every student. There are fun activities for the kids as well like socials, a musical and tons of sports for them to participate in. We have had a great experience and I can't wait for the rest of my children to be there.

Enumclaw Middle School 4

Posted May 18, 2015
Supportive teachers - working to balance all the expectations placed on them by the State. Good leadership from the principal. One area for improvement - more opportunities for high achieving students. This is a statewide issue in my opinion. Amazing student leadership program that is working really hard and is achieving a positive culture at this school. We actually waive into this school by choice from a neighboring district. Parents - whatever school you have your kids in - stay involved at this age level - positively involved parents help make schools better.

Enumclaw Middle School 1

Posted November 03, 2014
This school is a huge disappointment. I will be pulling my child out as soon as I find an better school to put him in. He has been bullied, in front of the teacher, and she did nothing except shake her finger at the kids doing it, not do they give these kids adequate tools for teaching. I have spoken with teachers, left a phone call for the Principal and heard nothing. This speaks volumes to me about their lack of concern.

Enumclaw Middle School 1

Posted June 10, 2011
I hated going to this school. Rude/immature kids (glad I'm graduating this year), terrible teachers, and all in all just not a great campus. GLAD IM MOVING! If there are other schools available for you, PLEASE take them! DO NOT go here!

Posted November 12, 2009
This is a great school. Iam a student at his school. im in 8th grade and have been going to this school for 3 years. The teachers are all veay nice and each to the best of there abilities. I love this school and will be sad to leave it and attend the highschool next year. This is not only an excellent school but an exellent school district that has great teaching skills. I rate my school a 5 out of 5 because it' a unbelivible school.

Posted November 10, 2009
I went to this school for all three years, and it was horrible. I do not suggest this school to anyone. Nor do I suggest this town to anyone. All the kids I know just go around and get in trouble. EHS isn't the best school either. I felt that the teachers at EMS did not give me the full attention I or my students needed. Especially this past year we were overcrowded, our classrooms were packed, and the teachers could not give the students all their attention. It's just not the greatest school. If you have other options, take them!

Enumclaw Middle School 2

Posted May 27, 2009
I have a student at EMS who is in special ed for math and is to receive special ed in main stream classes for writing. The math teachers have done a great job and are very supportive. Unfortunately, the main stream teachers are mostly unsupportive, even when my student was to receive special ed help for reading the past two years. Communication is a very real issue, even with Family Access. Having had nine children in other schools over the past forty years, I think my perspective is valid. If we had other choices available, I would have moved him. He now is to start at EHS. I hope it will be better.

Posted April 09, 2009
My son has attended EMS for the last 3 years. The children are not given adequate tools to properly learn the curriculum.

Enumclaw Middle School 4

Posted July 08, 2008
Ummm... I've only been going to EMS for 1 year, next year will be my second, and I don't know a lot of the teachers, but all the ones I DO know are very well trained and apply very understandible situations if one is confused. Also, it is a very beautiful school with two very scenic courtyards, which personally if I could, I would spend all the time between classes. If only there were time! The curriculums for the sixth grade I think are very efficient, and I myself, learned a lot of new things this year, about half of all the knowledge in my head came from learning it in this school.

550 Semanski St, Enumclaw, WA  98022
Last modified Enumclaw Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Enumclaw Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top