Posted November 06, 2014
After reading the comments about this school, I was utterly disgusted by the responses from parents, who probably haven't even went to see the school. Sure, in the past it may have been somewhat "loose," but I can't say anything because I wasn't there. Now, in 2014, if you secretly saw your child in school, he/she may be a really excellent student! Or, if you really knew how your child acts at school, you will understand why your student is in that situation with Steps. To make fairness with Steps, your student can say Recourse if they were wrongly put on steps. If your child didn't say Recourse, then obviously he/she did something wrong, and they, themselves know too! So, to put this out there, People don't do things without reason. Don't complain about Steps, it is something this school needs. If steps wasn't here, then your child probably wouldn't even thinking about enrolling in this school. Look at your child.Is she or he doing well in school?Is she or he's behavior something you expect?Don't blame the teachers. Blame the parents. They have been the ones with the student for the longest time ever. If you have something against this school, then go there. Walk up to the school.

Posted April 16, 2014
This is an atrosity of a place to have a child. Bullying is out of control and nothing is being done! My neice comes home in tears everyday and nothing can be done for fear of retaliation against her. I guess the next step is district and school board. Students shouldn't be forced to transfer because of ignorance and lack of integrity.

Voyager Middle School 2

Posted November 18, 2013
While the school has many after school programs to keep kids occupied, the general student population is out of control with aggression and misbehavior. The steps program is clearly not working. My child has been spit on, kicked and punched. After reporting these issues,nothing is done because the "accused" student gets to tell their side of the story (like they're going to admit it). The teachers are very open to communications and really do seem to try but the kids are beyond control. The administration seems to be doing the right things with many antibullying speakers and confronting trends like cyberbullying yet my child is in tears having to go there. Considering an out of district transfer.

Voyager Middle School 4

Posted November 17, 2013
Listen people I've been going to voyager for 3 months now and this is my first year and I think voyager is awesome the only bad part is the step program I mean seriously your sitting or standing in front of a wall for a few seconds or minutes it's just stupid but other than that it is really great you get to go to boing for the field trip imagine having peeza every day for lunch

Posted October 31, 2011
Excellent! Great teachers, administration, and "fun" activities for the kids (dances, spirit days, celebrations) that make school enjoyable! My kids loved it here!

Voyager Middle School 2

Posted August 30, 2011
You may find my review biased because, first off, I'm going to point out that I went to this school for the three years of it, 6th, 7th, and 8th but I'm gonna point out some problems (and give praise) anyways. There are amazing teachers here who teach with an enthusiasm, dedication, professionalism, and in the even better cases, humor, who make students want to learn and have fun while doing it. However, there is a flip side to every coin and in this case it's the many problems with how the school runs. I'm not going to deny the so-called innovative "steps" system has helped them with especially problem kids, however, a teacher will (and usually gladly) send a student to "step 1" even if they did nothing, but the teacher just THINKS they did. There is no respect, whatsoever, for students in this process. And often a whole class would be treated horribly for the irresponsible actions of only a small part of the class, in many cases only one student. Unfortunately, I can't fit my whole critique of the school inside this (word limit) but there are many points (some good, a lot bad) that I didn't touch on. In conclusion, you may want to think twice about sending your student here.

Posted August 08, 2011
My son attended Voyager from the 6th grade to the 8th grade. The teachers go the extra mile in order to meet my schedule (stay late or come in early). I could always get a hold of the staff via email if I had a question and receive a prompt answer. The principal and vice principal eat lunch with the students and try to engage them in conversation on current topics. I did not have a problem with the STEPS program as my son followed the rules and was never put on steps. Voyager was not his home school; I submitted a variance in order for him to attend because I was impressed by the staff and administration.

Posted February 11, 2011
This school is nothing more than a joke. STEPS is incredibly pointless! I've been going here for 3 years, this is my 8th grade year. The teachers are HORRIBLE. They treat us as if we are delinquets! They don't give us a chance to even do wrong in their eyes before they start threatening us with a STEP 4... I got one for throwing ERASER SHAVINGS. AT THE GROUND!! I seriously think this "school" should be torn down. STEPS doesn't exactly teach us that out behavior was wrong. In any OTHER schools are there kids expelled, arrested and suspended as much as there are at Voyager? When I told my friend (they go to Olympic View) about the boy that LIT THE DUMPSTER ON FIRE, she told me that NO ONE would do that at Olympic View because they have a better disciplinary system. I would much rather have detention than STEPS. I really do hope someone of importance in the district reads this and abolishes this detention center.

Posted September 20, 2010
If I could give negative stars, I would. Our son started at Voyager Middle School for 6th grade on Sept. 1 and said it was the worst day ever at school. The school touts the 'STEPS' program for discipline, however that program is missing the letter 'R'; for 'RESPECT' of Students. How does this school expect to gain respect of their students, or even teach students to respect others using 'STEPS'. How does placing a child on a chair to stare at a wall because on the first day of school he answered a question of another student while they were playing a game in the classroom? I would highly recommend every parent question STEPS. Discipline can be accomplished respectfully.Thankfully we moved our son to another school.

Posted June 04, 2010
If I could give this school no stars I would. From some of the other reviews SPELLING isn't something they teach very well there. Many other things bad about this school though. STEPS is horrible, if you want to teach them about discipline at least be consistent about what they are in trouble for, steps is more of a distraction than a help. Somebody saying sorry for bumping into another student shouldn't be a reason to be placed on steps. And allowing someone (Mrs. A) who isn't even a teacher to determine so much of what goes on in the class just doesn't seem correct. This school only seems to care about the funding they get for each student attending there. They have cut just about all extra activities, and what they haven't cut they expect the students to pay for. What is HONORS class... a joke. Only some deserve better?

Voyager Middle School
11711 4th Ave West, Everett, WA  98204
Last modified Voyager Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Voyager Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top