Everett, WA

Posted January 13, 2015
This school has been taking parent complaints and shoving them under the rug. Teachers openly bully kids in class, accusing them of being on drugs, being gang members, or threatening to not write college recommendations. I've experienced all of this since my 11 year old started in September. Multiple calls to the VP have accomplished nothing. No resolutions reached, no returned phone calls and magically Mr. Bailey is always unavailable when I request to speak directly with him. I've had to turn to the school board for help. A lawsuit is next and quickly approaching as I'm fed up and beyond frustrated with the lack of acknowledgment and involvement from the vp. Kids shouldn't experience this negative bullying from teachers, it's a joke. Dont let your child go here if you can prevent it!!

Voyager Middle School 4

Posted December 31, 2014
I have had two sons attend this school one from 2006-2009 and the other one is currently a 7th Grader there. All in all I think the teachers really care alot about the kids. It is easy to reach out to them as well as the counselors. I have a bit of a problem with the STEPS program as my son is mostly well behaved (come on he's a teenager, we all have bad days) But i do get an occasional comment from him that he got put on STEP 1 for talking to another student to help them with a problem or something equally rediculous. Also, some of the teaches do not keep on Aspen which makes it hard to keep up on how my child is doing. The Principal and Vice Principal are very engaged with the students and they have both been there since prior to my oldest son attending. Contrary to popular belief this school is not made up of "thugs, gang members or drug dealers" as someone pointed out in an earlier review. The Classroom "teams" Is a great idea and has worked very well for us. It is a nice transition from Elementary to High School.

Posted November 06, 2014
After reading the comments about this school, I was utterly disgusted by the responses from parents, who probably haven't even went to see the school. Sure, in the past it may have been somewhat "loose," but I can't say anything because I wasn't there. Now, in 2014, if you secretly saw your child in school, he/she may be a really excellent student! Or, if you really knew how your child acts at school, you will understand why your student is in that situation with Steps. To make fairness with Steps, your student can say Recourse if they were wrongly put on steps. If your child didn't say Recourse, then obviously he/she did something wrong, and they, themselves know too! So, to put this out there, People don't do things without reason. Don't complain about Steps, it is something this school needs. If steps wasn't here, then your child probably wouldn't even thinking about enrolling in this school. Look at your child.Is she or he doing well in school?Is she or he's behavior something you expect?Don't blame the teachers. Blame the parents. They have been the ones with the student for the longest time ever. If you have something against this school, then go there. Walk up to the school.

Posted April 16, 2014
This is an atrosity of a place to have a child. Bullying is out of control and nothing is being done! My neice comes home in tears everyday and nothing can be done for fear of retaliation against her. I guess the next step is district and school board. Students shouldn't be forced to transfer because of ignorance and lack of integrity.

Voyager Middle School 2

Posted November 18, 2013
While the school has many after school programs to keep kids occupied, the general student population is out of control with aggression and misbehavior. The steps program is clearly not working. My child has been spit on, kicked and punched. After reporting these issues,nothing is done because the "accused" student gets to tell their side of the story (like they're going to admit it). The teachers are very open to communications and really do seem to try but the kids are beyond control. The administration seems to be doing the right things with many antibullying speakers and confronting trends like cyberbullying yet my child is in tears having to go there. Considering an out of district transfer.

Voyager Middle School 4

Posted November 17, 2013
Listen people I've been going to voyager for 3 months now and this is my first year and I think voyager is awesome the only bad part is the step program I mean seriously your sitting or standing in front of a wall for a few seconds or minutes it's just stupid but other than that it is really great you get to go to boing for the field trip imagine having peeza every day for lunch

Posted October 31, 2011
Excellent! Great teachers, administration, and "fun" activities for the kids (dances, spirit days, celebrations) that make school enjoyable! My kids loved it here!

Voyager Middle School 2

Posted August 30, 2011
You may find my review biased because, first off, I'm going to point out that I went to this school for the three years of it, 6th, 7th, and 8th but I'm gonna point out some problems (and give praise) anyways. There are amazing teachers here who teach with an enthusiasm, dedication, professionalism, and in the even better cases, humor, who make students want to learn and have fun while doing it. However, there is a flip side to every coin and in this case it's the many problems with how the school runs. I'm not going to deny the so-called innovative "steps" system has helped them with especially problem kids, however, a teacher will (and usually gladly) send a student to "step 1" even if they did nothing, but the teacher just THINKS they did. There is no respect, whatsoever, for students in this process. And often a whole class would be treated horribly for the irresponsible actions of only a small part of the class, in many cases only one student. Unfortunately, I can't fit my whole critique of the school inside this (word limit) but there are many points (some good, a lot bad) that I didn't touch on. In conclusion, you may want to think twice about sending your student here.

Posted August 08, 2011
My son attended Voyager from the 6th grade to the 8th grade. The teachers go the extra mile in order to meet my schedule (stay late or come in early). I could always get a hold of the staff via email if I had a question and receive a prompt answer. The principal and vice principal eat lunch with the students and try to engage them in conversation on current topics. I did not have a problem with the STEPS program as my son followed the rules and was never put on steps. Voyager was not his home school; I submitted a variance in order for him to attend because I was impressed by the staff and administration.

Posted February 11, 2011
This school is nothing more than a joke. STEPS is incredibly pointless! I've been going here for 3 years, this is my 8th grade year. The teachers are HORRIBLE. They treat us as if we are delinquets! They don't give us a chance to even do wrong in their eyes before they start threatening us with a STEP 4... I got one for throwing ERASER SHAVINGS. AT THE GROUND!! I seriously think this "school" should be torn down. STEPS doesn't exactly teach us that out behavior was wrong. In any OTHER schools are there kids expelled, arrested and suspended as much as there are at Voyager? When I told my friend (they go to Olympic View) about the boy that LIT THE DUMPSTER ON FIRE, she told me that NO ONE would do that at Olympic View because they have a better disciplinary system. I would much rather have detention than STEPS. I really do hope someone of importance in the district reads this and abolishes this detention center.

Voyager Middle School
11711 4th Ave West, Everett, WA  98204
Last modified Voyager Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Voyager Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top