Everett, WA

Voyager Middle School
Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 24, 2015
school does not. it brings the children down and hurts them. I recommend home schooling your children

Posted May 12, 2015
So there is a story on facebook in regards to a student who attends Voyager Middle School who has been bullied by a girl and this girls friends. The matter was taken to the proper officials but no action was taken to solve this problem. All parents should be very concerned with the actions of these authorities or lack of. Please help protect our kids and voice your concerns to the School board!

Posted April 24, 2015
Voyager middle school doesn't treat my child well they never tell me what's happening at school my child get bullied by a teacher and kids and the don't even do anything abou it the banned my child for the computer for no reason the banned him for after school activities because the teacher told not to go to the bathroom and it was an emergency so he ran out of the room I mean I'm not saying voyager middle school is bad it's just bad against my child I don't think you should go to voyager middle school

Voyager Middle School 5

Posted April 05, 2015
They has great teacher and they has a lot of club the teacher is nice too

Posted March 08, 2015
My son has attended this school in grades 6 and 7 and is by far the worst school ever attended. He has gotten a D in math because his organization isn't good enough. His math teacher called me into a conference to tell me he does A+ work but his organization is an F. This same teacher told me in this conference with others present that my son's self esteem was so low she was worried he might do a shooting causing my son to be further upset and walk out. I informed her he has no access to firearms and has been trained with them. I complained to the VP and the councilor about this, and both say she was out of line but nothing they can do about it. Thank god we are moving to Alaska with much better schools.

Posted January 13, 2015
This school has been taking parent complaints and shoving them under the rug. Teachers openly bully kids in class, accusing them of being on drugs, being gang members, or threatening to not write college recommendations. I've experienced all of this since my 11 year old started in September. Multiple calls to the VP have accomplished nothing. No resolutions reached, no returned phone calls and magically Mr. Bailey is always unavailable when I request to speak directly with him. I've had to turn to the school board for help. A lawsuit is next and quickly approaching as I'm fed up and beyond frustrated with the lack of acknowledgment and involvement from the vp. Kids shouldn't experience this negative bullying from teachers, it's a joke. Dont let your child go here if you can prevent it!!

Voyager Middle School 4

Posted December 31, 2014
I have had two sons attend this school one from 2006-2009 and the other one is currently a 7th Grader there. All in all I think the teachers really care alot about the kids. It is easy to reach out to them as well as the counselors. I have a bit of a problem with the STEPS program as my son is mostly well behaved (come on he's a teenager, we all have bad days) But i do get an occasional comment from him that he got put on STEP 1 for talking to another student to help them with a problem or something equally rediculous. Also, some of the teaches do not keep on Aspen which makes it hard to keep up on how my child is doing. The Principal and Vice Principal are very engaged with the students and they have both been there since prior to my oldest son attending. Contrary to popular belief this school is not made up of "thugs, gang members or drug dealers" as someone pointed out in an earlier review. The Classroom "teams" Is a great idea and has worked very well for us. It is a nice transition from Elementary to High School.

Voyager Middle School 5

Posted November 06, 2014
After reading the comments about this school, I was utterly disgusted by the responses from parents, who probably haven't even went to see the school. Sure, in the past it may have been somewhat "loose," but I can't say anything because I wasn't there. Now, in 2014, if you secretly saw your child in school, he/she may be a really excellent student! Or, if you really knew how your child acts at school, you will understand why your student is in that situation with Steps. To make fairness with Steps, your student can say Recourse if they were wrongly put on steps. If your child didn't say Recourse, then obviously he/she did something wrong, and they, themselves know too! So, to put this out there, People don't do things without reason. Don't complain about Steps, it is something this school needs. If steps wasn't here, then your child probably wouldn't even thinking about enrolling in this school. Look at your child.Is she or he doing well in school?Is she or he's behavior something you expect?Don't blame the teachers. Blame the parents. They have been the ones with the student for the longest time ever. If you have something against this school, then go there. Walk up to the school.

Posted April 16, 2014
This is an atrosity of a place to have a child. Bullying is out of control and nothing is being done! My neice comes home in tears everyday and nothing can be done for fear of retaliation against her. I guess the next step is district and school board. Students shouldn't be forced to transfer because of ignorance and lack of integrity.

Voyager Middle School 2

Posted November 18, 2013
While the school has many after school programs to keep kids occupied, the general student population is out of control with aggression and misbehavior. The steps program is clearly not working. My child has been spit on, kicked and punched. After reporting these issues,nothing is done because the "accused" student gets to tell their side of the story (like they're going to admit it). The teachers are very open to communications and really do seem to try but the kids are beyond control. The administration seems to be doing the right things with many antibullying speakers and confronting trends like cyberbullying yet my child is in tears having to go there. Considering an out of district transfer.

Voyager Middle School
11711 4th Ave West, Everett, WA  98204
Last modified Voyager Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Voyager Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top