Everett, WA
Students enrolled: 2,060

Posted June 28, 2015
My daughter is going to go to this school next year, she is a christian , I came into Mukilteo assuming it is all about the highest scoring school, I think now I was completely wrong about that. I heard kids from Mariner High school have kids who come out as better people, and from seeing the kids at my daughter previous school, with this rise in self destruction, I believe it. I think parents in general need to pay more attention to their kids and scores don't always say that. The more money you make also does not say that. You might have kids who are very well off but parents just do not pay attention to them. I know it is not always black and white, but I feel like this school is our best choice, and my daughter has a mom who cares, so with home life I believe she will do great in this school. Diversity is awesome and I am happy Mariner High School is a diverse school. I also heard good things about the teachers. So thank you... I wish kids knew it is more about grades, their spiritual well being and treat each other better. I do not know if that will ever happen to the level I would like, but all I can do is hope to teach my daughter to treat others with respect. Good luck, God bless to all the kids and parents, GO Mariner High school!

Mariner High School 2

Posted September 04, 2014
I am a sophomore at this "highly diverse" school and apart from the teachers I have everything seems to be centered around being the best at bringing someone down to seem more impressive. I am an atheist and an aspiring physicist who tries to ignore a majority of the condescending student body and focus on his studies. When you have to dismiss constant remarks and negative emotion from a majority of who you are forced to study with in a school lacking an open campus lunch (for fresh air) you find yourself dreading each day. Not to mention the sheer amount of individuals who have no knowledge of atheism or even satanism for that matter and essentially refuse to acknowledge your existence. I understand I may be a different or unconventional individual, but that should be praised, not shunned for lacking the qualities known as: cultured,highschool "popular", "smart" and "actually someone." To name a few. I feel some work needs to be done to end these popularity cockfights occuring in a sturdy educational system.

Posted June 09, 2014
Marnier High iz awsum We came from Seattle!! My children hated seattle school teachers were racial!! If you werent white you get ignored!!! We moved to Everett in 2005. I have 3 children now Graduated from Mukilteo dist. Thank you Marnier High School. Teachers are awsum. They listen to my children didnt get ignored!!?great job

Posted May 14, 2014
This school focuses too much on crazy dress code policies and cell phone use instead of handling the drug and gang problem that they have. I have wanted my daughter to switch schools for 2 years now but she likes the teachers there. She has a 3.7 GPA and some close friends, but they have finally nit picked her enough that she has agreed to change to Shoreline SD. I couldn't be happier!!

Posted April 17, 2014
For a school in a low income area I consider this one in which such a characterization does not fit the mold. The students and faculty are upbeat and deeply committed to academic achievement. They do not let their surroundings inhibit their advancement. With little they have done much in achieving in areas that schools with more have not done. I have observed, as an example, their Jazz Band and music groups in general being very superior to those wealthier educational communities. Here the diversity has been utilized to the best of an educational environment . The Staff, Faculty, and Administration are easily able to be worked with to further the students achievements in the community, and is a great asset for "taking up one's bootstraps" in getting ahead for the future. When I entered Mariner High School, as a Young Life community leader with 25 years in 3 States, I was amazed that the physical presence of the school did not show itself as a campus of low income students. The pride of those students are exemplary of the educational environment . As a community member this is a 5 Star school in a 2 Star community, AND getting better with each students success!!

Posted October 09, 2013
Both of my sons attended Mariner High School! This is a very adverse school, which in a lot of ways is very good! I think it taught both of them the real life! My oldest is been working at Boeing for 8 years and is buying his first home, completely on his own!! My youngest, is still studying at the U.W. Seattle! The teachers and group of parents were far the best.

Mariner High School 4

Posted September 15, 2013
Outstanding school! The diversity is a gift to all who attend. Considering the amount of transfer students the test scores are excellent. Students who have been in the mukilteo school district for most of their education are very successful in high school and going on to college. All high schools have opportunities for kids to make good choices or poor ones. Help your child make good choices and Mariner will give them everything they need for a successful future.

Posted September 04, 2013
I was a student in this school and its absolutely terrible. A lot of drama going on there. A sit seems when I was there I was getting in a lot of trouble because of the fake wanna be Mexican gangs. And I also started smoking weed because of the friends I met there. So my advice, don't go there. One of the ghettoest schools I've been in.

Posted August 19, 2013
Had to pull both kids out of this school. The student body is mostly non English. Gang activity and general roughness of the hispanic crowd that must be 80% of the population. Teachers seem to be outwardly socialists. Curriculum is not centered on basics but rather green and other such agendas

Posted November 28, 2011
I spoke with my daughters counselor about how my daughter has a chronic health problem and was unable to get from her locker on the other side of the school to where her classes are and be on time. The counselor could have cared less, and told me that wasn't her problem, she sent me to the school nurse, I spoke with the school nurse, she looked up her health record and said she would notify each teacher. Months later, my daughter has been suspended for excessive tardies after they were already notified that she has a health problem, she is only tardy by less than a few minutes to class, yet I get a very uncaring call from the vice principle that they are suspending her due to the tardies, I argued with the vice principle that she has a health issue and that I disagree with their punishing her because of a health problem, she didn't care! I called back to contest this, and still haven't recieved a call back! My daughter has asked on several occasions for help and makeup work; very few of her teachers accomodate her, so she is falling behind in English and History, she is very smart and could be an honors student if she could just get some help! I am very unhappy with this school!

Mariner High School
200 120th St SW, Everett, WA  98204
Last modified Mariner High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mariner High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top