Everett, WA

Olivia Park Elementary School 3

Posted June 08, 2014
My family recently moved into the neighborhood, but after reading some reviews, we decided to home school for this year. A couple of weeks ago, we did a walk through of the school and met with the interim principal and did a walk through of several of the class rooms. I thought the staff was very friendly and overall, I thought the school was fine. (I didn't think it was outstanding, but it wasn't as bad as many of the reviews made it seem)The reason we did the walk through was to determine if we would be sending our kids there next year. My only concern is safety. I noticed that the class room doors were not locked and anybody could open them. This is not a closed campus, so I feel like anyone could easily bypass the office and enter a classroom. I asked the principal about it, and she said the school didn't feel that safety was a problem. I only live half a mile from the school, and I see how much police activity goes on here. I feel like the school is not being proactive in keeping the kids safe. It only takes one time, by one person, to create a safety issue. Locking the doors is one simple way to help keep kids safe. For this reason, we will be homeschooling next year.

Posted March 27, 2014
Great school - teachers care, and put forth a lot of effort for their children.

Olivia Park Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2013
Olivia park has the rudest office staff and principal I have ever met!! These people obviously hate kids and defiently should not be working at a school! My daughter has had one amazing teacher here and the other ones were not good at all! needless to say I transfered my daughter out of this school!

Olivia Park Elementary School 2

Posted November 01, 2012
I have not been very impressed with this school. My son has been a student for 4 years and each year seems to get worse. The office staff has to be the rudest and the phone etiquette is awful. I find this school to be very unorganized. My other two younger children will definitely not be attending this school.

Posted September 09, 2011
I love Olivia Park Elementary School!! The teachers and staff are wonderful and they truly care about your children's education and will go the extra mile to make each and every student learn new things and feel special. I feel my daughters are getting a great education!! :0)

Posted September 09, 2011
Olivia Park Elementary is a Wonderful School!! The staff and teachers are very positive and kind with strong leadership skills and I feel my kids are getting a great education!! I love the school garden too! =)

Posted November 02, 2010
I have been warmed with open arms as a volunteer for Olivia Park Elementary School's community garden. I have seen many volunteers, teachers and students dedicate their free time to the school's wholsome approach.

Posted October 29, 2010
What a great community--'love the garden!

Posted October 28, 2010
They have wonderful staff and faculty who make the children feel comfortable and proud to be polar bears. They also draw in the community, establishing a sense of belonging that has not existed for quite some time. I love Olivia Park Elementary School because this school is doing what every school should do - educating students in a positive light, and encouraging parent and community involvement!

Posted October 28, 2010
This school is amazing. The architecture and outlay of the school allows the kids to express their creativity, from playing on the creative playground to decorating the halls with their posters. The teachers really care for the students. The education program digs deep into the students, promoting leadership and imagination. The brand new garden is the physical proof that a community can work together to create amazing things. It's the perfect school for the kind of neighborhood.

Olivia Park Elementary School
200 108th St SW, Everett, WA  98204
Last modified Olivia Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olivia Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top