Everett, WA

Posted June 03, 2014
My girls have been going to this school since kindergarten, yes there had been a problem with lice, but that doesn't reflect on the school, that is a problem from home. Children come to school from home and bring it to the kids at school. It's our responsibility as parents to make sure or children are bug free, and that we clean and retreat all our kids. The staff is very nice and caring. I have had the opportunity to see my girls expand their knowledge and it's the care of the teachers that take the time to help and teach our children. They are fantastic. I especially love Mrs Oleson, Mrs Bennett, Ms Cochran, Mr Collins, Mrs Leren and Mrs Friedrichsen. Thanks to all you wonderful teachers..

Discovery Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2014
Great staff, the PTA puts on great events for the kids and families. Parent involvement is key, some parents want to sit back and complain that it's ghetto, good parents get involved and work with the school to make it a second home for their child. My daughter has grown so much.

Discovery Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2014
Hi everybody , my son studies here second year ( 1&2 grade) . I unlike these school. Here like at ghetto. My son brings a letter from the school about "a case of head lice has been identified in his classroom"(((. This is the second letter in the last 2 weeks. It happens in the 21st century! what's happening here??? Is it a school or a homeless shelter? where the director is looking???their advice to solve the problem - visit helpful websites, and I advise to the Director - clean up the school. I will have to find another school for my son, and it will be very uncomfortable for me!!! But I do not see another way.

Discovery Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2013
I simply don't like the area in which the school my son is going to. And when I am finished furthering my education in DC I will be moving him from that ghetto school and area.

Posted April 14, 2012
Both of my kids go to Discovery. My son is in his kindergarten year and my daughter is in her final year with this wonerful scool. The teacher and staff show them love and caring daily and make sure all the kids are welcomed allways. I feel welcome as a parent everytime I come into the school and I a am allways happy with my kids grades. they show just how great the scool is. my daughter wants to be a teacher because she has been so inspired by the teachers she has had here.

Discovery Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2010
Good PTA and great 3rd grade teacher Mr. McCullough! he has very good rapport with kids, They always say that time goes fast and they are never tired!

Discovery Elementary School 0

Posted June 15, 2009
I just move here fom Marysville, School Distict, which I loved. I checked out the parents ratings on Discovery Elementry, and it was all good. The staff was very nice , when I went enroll my daughter. Tammy

Posted October 18, 2007
This is the most amazing, nurturing enviroment for our kids! The principal, the staff, and the PTA all work so hard to make this school fantastic!! Discovery is the best!!

Posted May 29, 2007
Mrs. Schott is an awesome Principal. She really cares about the staff and every child there. She listens to what everyone has to say and she finds solutions. I have been involved with Discovery in the classroom and PTA for 4 years. No matter what you are doing there, you will be surrounded with love and warmth. I see joy and pride on the children's faces when a parent or grandparent is able to help in the classroom or PTA activity. We are allowed to pop in and have lunch with the kids too. Throughout the year, EVERY child in the school is recognized with an award for something special they do. Academics are very important at Discovery, but so is building confidence, pride and self esteem. Children come first at Discovery always! Phyllis Meacham Courtney's Grandma & Discovery PTA Secretary 2007-2008

Discovery Elementary School 3

Posted May 22, 2006

Discovery Elementary School
11700 Meridian Ave, Everett, WA  98208
Last modified Discovery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top