Everett, WA

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 17, 2015
My kids teachers have always been very encouraging and enthusiastic about my kids success. The principal is also very encouraging.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 17, 2015
Whenever I have visited this school, students are always respectful and nice and seem respectful of their classmates.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted June 17, 2015
I think teachers and volunteers at this school do a good job at this by leading by example, but the office could do a lot better.

Discovery Elementary School 4

Posted June 17, 2015
Love the teachers my kids have had at this school! Fun activities and a nice garden the kids get to help with. Down side to this school is the area, it's pretty run down and a lot of sketchy looking characters around. Nice principal but going into the office is the worst. Rude and grouchy! Not a very friendly welcome when you need help or have a question. Seems like they are more interested in trash talking families than helping them. Also would be nice to see Hispanic speaking people working in the office since there are so many Spanish speaking families in this community.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 17, 2015
Good guidance from the teachers! My kids have always gotten good advice from their teachers on how to handle tough situations and also have kept me informed.

Discovery Elementary School 5

Posted June 03, 2014
My girls have been going to this school since kindergarten, yes there had been a problem with lice, but that doesn't reflect on the school, that is a problem from home. Children come to school from home and bring it to the kids at school. It's our responsibility as parents to make sure or children are bug free, and that we clean and retreat all our kids. The staff is very nice and caring. I have had the opportunity to see my girls expand their knowledge and it's the care of the teachers that take the time to help and teach our children. They are fantastic. I especially love Mrs Oleson, Mrs Bennett, Ms Cochran, Mr Collins, Mrs Leren and Mrs Friedrichsen. Thanks to all you wonderful teachers..

Discovery Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2014
Great staff, the PTA puts on great events for the kids and families. Parent involvement is key, some parents want to sit back and complain that it's ghetto, good parents get involved and work with the school to make it a second home for their child. My daughter has grown so much.

Discovery Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2014
Hi everybody , my son studies here second year ( 1&2 grade) . I unlike these school. Here like at ghetto. My son brings a letter from the school about "a case of head lice has been identified in his classroom"(((. This is the second letter in the last 2 weeks. It happens in the 21st century! what's happening here??? Is it a school or a homeless shelter? where the director is looking???their advice to solve the problem - visit helpful websites, and I advise to the Director - clean up the school. I will have to find another school for my son, and it will be very uncomfortable for me!!! But I do not see another way.

Discovery Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2013
I simply don't like the area in which the school my son is going to. And when I am finished furthering my education in DC I will be moving him from that ghetto school and area.

Discovery Elementary School 5

Posted April 14, 2012
Both of my kids go to Discovery. My son is in his kindergarten year and my daughter is in her final year with this wonerful scool. The teacher and staff show them love and caring daily and make sure all the kids are welcomed allways. I feel welcome as a parent everytime I come into the school and I a am allways happy with my kids grades. they show just how great the scool is. my daughter wants to be a teacher because she has been so inspired by the teachers she has had here.

11700 Meridian Ave, Everett, WA  98208
Last modified Discovery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top