Everett, WA

Posted August 27, 2015
Had three boys at the school. Staff is friendly. Principal is great with interacting with families, very involved in kids lives and is passionate about it. Teachers are amazing at what they do. Most important kids are learning!

Posted October 01, 2014
I was beyond hesitant to enroll my kids here after reviewing this website (In fact, did a year of private school to avoid enrolling). With guidance from several school district staff, I went into the office and met the principal, office staff and a few others. They put my mind at ease. Several years later, I am in love with this school and staff. The principal is next to none. The teachers work so hard to invest in workshops and higher education to be the best teachers possible. So thrilled my kids love it just as much as I do. I would love to see building upgrades and expansion, buy other than that, I'm happy with our choice. The class sizes every year have been 24 students and more often than not, a room parent (volunteer) or watch dog is in the class helping out. They do a ton of. School events and have awesome after school clubs like Legos, art.... Can't say enough good about this school.

Seattle Hill Elementary School 2

Posted October 09, 2013
This school could improve with consistency between grade levels and even within the same grade level. Writers workshop with some classrooms, none at all with others. Spelling with some grades and vocabulary with others. Book reports each month or none at all. Math is very disjointed, I don't know how to help as a parent. I wish the school would send out expectations for homework. Many nights nothing at all.

Seattle Hill Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2013
Please don't judge us by our test scores! There is a good reason for our tanking scores, and YES, it is because some of us have become political. How can you transform public education without getting involved in the political side of things? Our test scores are a reflection of many students Opting Out of the MSP. Why? Because we want our State Legislators to know that we are tired of useless, expensive tests that do nothing more than help sites such as greatschools.org give us a score. They do nothing for our children. What would help our children? Less money on testing and more on staffing, aka smaller class sizes. We are not against testing, and we are not coddling our kids...just to get that straight. To whomever reviewed our school stating that there are parents pushing their political agendas, please know that we are doing it for ALL the children in Washington K-12 Public Schools. Come get educated before making it a negative. I'm very proud of the parents at SHE. I just wish more would get involved! I love the teachers at SHE. They are extremely personable, talented, caring, and concerned for our kids' education. I wouldn't choose any other school to send my children to!

Seattle Hill Elementary School 3

Posted October 12, 2012
The success of any school must be measured in terms of student experience and the growth and development of students while they are at school. We have been very satisfied with our child s teachers as the energy of SHE is focused where it should be, on students. However, as citizens of the Snohomish school district, we believe schools ought to remain independent of politics. Like-minded individuals may not like the current atmosphere at SHE because parents (not staff) continue to push political agendas regarding state mandated testing and budget issues; views shared via mass media and informal dialogue. The principal is very level-headed and fair. With effective leadership, she will unify the school community back to the primary focus of school: student learning and achievement. Of course we respect individual rights and freedoms to express, but feel our school community ought to focus on COMMON goals and interests of children while remaining politically NEUTRAL. We are an involved and supportive family and care greatly for SHE staff and students. We do not feel parental politicizing is appropriate in a school setting.

Posted October 09, 2012
Seattle Hill is a great school, there is a sense of community among the families. There are a few parents that try to push their own agenda and do not take the students into consideration. This school, the teachers and the principal are only out for one thing, the education and well being of our children. Teachers go out of the way to look out for students. My childrenare better off at Seattle Hill than any other elementary school in the district. I would recommend Seattle Hill to anyone that asks. If people are so unhappy, they can always change schools, you are not required to stay if you are so unhappy. Mrs. Nelson should be proud of the job she and her staff are doing!!

Posted October 05, 2012
Maybe the parent who posted the playground equipment comment should attend pto meetings and become educated on where pto funds are being spent. Yes. they are working on purchasing some new playground equipment. These pieces of equipment cost ten of thousand of dollars and they are working towards that. They also forgot to mention that all of the fundraising money has been used to purchase new computers for EVERY CLASSROOM, pays for transportation so that children can go on field trips, buys new books for your library, purchase new curriculum for the school, provides student planners for every student, emergency kits for every student and even replace benches that our rotting!!! and much much more. The facts our that our school are not being funded properly by our state as they are required to do and fundraising money is being used just to keep the school running. We are lucky to have parents support the fundraising efforts that allow the school to do the above and much much more.

Posted October 05, 2012
I agree with the last comment. So many uninformed parents. Wish they would come out to a meeting or volunteer some time. I have zero complaints about my child's education with the exception of class room sizes. That is not the schools fault. I believe many other schools in the are are worse off. And opting out of standardized testing is a great idea. This test serves no purpose to the child and takes millions dollars away from teachers, classrooms, and special programs. If more parents followed suit we could get this money back into our schools where they belong. Do not hesitate to send your child to this school. If your child is willing to do the work they will learn at this school. The teachers are great!

Posted October 05, 2012
In response to the most recent comments:Snohomish School District parents as a whole (not just SHE parents) chose to opt their children out of MSP testing.This was a community grass roots effort to make our concerns loud and clear to our state representatives.IT WORKED!We now have legislation being worked on to fully fund our children's education as our state constitution requires.These efforts were made by parents who are educated, smart, and care deeply about current and future quality of education for their children.The SHE staff is OUTSTANDING.We have not had a poor experience with any staff at SHE.Parents at SHE are dedicated to supporting their school in many ways.Some dontate time by being in the classroom or helping out at events during the year.Others make monetary donations.Each family at SHE supports this school in the ways they can make the most positive impact! Playground equipment is a longterm project and will be funded over time just like technology in the classrooms was.Spending 100K takes time.The money must be raised before it can be spent. I suggest if you don't like something, GET INVOLVED and make a positive change at school instead of complaining anonymously.

Seattle Hill Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2012
The playground needs upgrades and improvements. PTO said fundraising was to pay for recess play structures. We havent' seen any changes.

Seattle Hill Elementary School
12711 51st Ave SE, Everett, WA  98208
Last modified Seattle Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seattle Hill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top