PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school educates their students to become leaders in the community with volunteerism, fundraising for charities that help refugees in other countries, strong community with students and parents and staff, Yearly retreats for the middle school, Debate teams, Mock trial teams, Competitive sports, Young Authors workshops, and Juried art shows, and the very competitive science fair which is very impressive to see.

We originally enrolled our child at Immaculate because the local public schools are ranked lowest in the state. Now we cannot even imagine having our sons in public school. Immaculate teaches at a grade level higher than the public schools starting in Pre-K. They turn out Kindergartners reading and writing by June. This school is advanced in the sciences and the teachers customize lessons for our boys who need more challenges. They provide all of the arts, music, art, theater, and a full sports calendar. If you want a higher education for your student I would highly recommend this school.

After lots of research last year we decided to send our daughter to this school. Previously she had been diagnosed as having a learning disability to which we showed the principle and educators at the school the paperwork just to make they would be able to accommodate her. She has now been there for a full year and they have not been able to accommodate her as they promised they would be able to. The last meeting we had the principle said "we produce honors students here" after which she said our daughter might want to get evaluated. Our daughter feels left out and unwelcome at this school. It's true that the principle makes the place sounds great, but that is her job too. As a parent if you try and give feedback she will just say "oh we are already doing those things" but no proof. Furthermore, the faith teachings are not being practiced. We had been contemplating whether or not to send her back next year however we have made our decision not to due to the lack of response from the principle. I've emailed and called her several times regarding our daughters future at the school and what we would like to see and we have yet to hear a response.

With children attending IC/OLPH for several years now, we are very pleased with the education, the sense of community within the school, amongst students, staff, parents, and school leaders, and the values that are instilled and reinforced through the educational environment.

My kids and I love ICOLPH. I am so pleased with the quality of education that my children are receiving. The teachers and staff are kind and committed. They instill a sense of community and morality, which is especially important to me for my middle-school student. The parents and families support each other and I am always greeted with a smile from everyone at the school. I could not imagine having my children anywhere else!

Not every school will fit everyone. This school works for my family. We love the fact that our children get one-on-one attention from teachers that love what they do. These teachers care about the needs of each child as an individual and it shows in my children. I appreciate you ICOLPH School. I'm so glad you're part of the family.

ICOLPH goes way above and beyond that which anyone would consider reasonable when it comes to the children. The level of commitment to these kids is exceptional. The level of parental involvement is undeniably over the top. The principal, while new, is one of the more dedicated and concerned individuals I have known in such a position. She is forthright and fair, upholding school policy and inspiring us, the parents, to be the best Christian role models we can be for our children. Without question, Christ is the foundation this school stands on and grows from. The teachers and support staff love and respect my child as my husband and I do. I could never have expected the level of attention and concern these individuals have expressed in the many years my child has attended. This is a fantastic place for a child to grow as a Christian, an individual, and as a responsible, caring and considerate member of the community. We are very fortunate to be a part of this school.

We love this school. Parents are so involved and there is such pride in their eyes. We have been so welcomed into this close knit community and I couldn't imagine my child anywhere else. Before choosing ICOLPH we visited many private schools. We only chose this school over the others because of our "gut feelings" . Give the principal some time. It's her first year and with the experience of the staff and devoted parents, this wonderful school will succeed.

After sending several children through ICOLPH we are heartbroken at what has become of the school this year. The new first year principal has stumbled the school into a total mess. The culture has gone from supportive and kind to negative and accusatory. Don't be fooled by the splashy website, Facebook or videos, the school is not what the principal is trying to portray. Many family's are leaving for other Catholic and public schools. If you want your child to have a Catholic education in a positive school where faith formation and academics are at the center, ICOLPH is currently not that school.

We have 2 children in the school currently and one to begin preschool in the future. Our kids have gone to school there since they were 3, and I could not be happier with our choice of school. The teachers and staff are great, the principalis very dedicated to making the school the best it can be, and we feel such a sense of family and home with this school.

Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8