PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have to agree with the May 16, 2016 post. As a Catholic, I have been both disappointed and at times appalled by the degree of bullying and inappropriate language and behavior I have repeatedly heard or witnessed throughout the school year. My children have not benefitted from this or by the less than luke warm response by teachers and administration when asked to address it. Admissions and fund raising take priority here over the unhealthy culture that permeates the hallways of this school. I found parents here unwelcoming and disinterested in getting to know my family. My calls and invitations to get our children together for the most part went unanswered or ignored. There were clear family cliques. There was no social life outside of school for my children which left them feeling unwelcome and isolated. I found great disparity in both the teaching styles and attitude of the teachers. Some were not very accessible which was difficult at times due to the amount of home work assigned. I found the principal to not be accessible or responsive. The heart of this school unfortunately does not reflect the very Christian principles it should be based on and we will not be returning.

We transferred to SMM this year from another Catholic school, and have been pleased with the academic rigor to date. The amount of homework is a bit high, but I chalk that up to the Common Core standards and teaching to tests that has impeding genuine teaching for a number of years. The rationale behind the 2 star rating derives from the lack of welcoming spirit demonstrated by the families at this school. There are previous comments about the administration jumping to conclusions, and we have been a party to this ourselves, having to vigorously defend one of our children against a known bully, who has been identified by other parents since Kindergarten, with no definitive action taken by the administration, and worse, an attempt to foist off this child's continued harassment as the fault of every student who she victimizes. In addition to this, I have to say that the parents in the grade our older child transferred into are, by and large, without empathy and have made no attempt to demonstrate Christian values and be welcoming, kind or otherwise expand their clique. It has been very frustrating to see this, when the parents in our other child's class are so welcoming and serve as the day to the night that is the unfriendly class. The children are a direct reflection of their parents and I have been unimpressed with the attempted snobbery I see demonstrated when I volunteer at events with the school. This is Everett, and there are families here that need to remember that this is not Beverly Hills, we are all working families, plenty of us with generous means as well, but without a desperate need to flaunt our wealth. The administration unfortunately caters to these parents, much to the alienation of other families. This behavior discourages participation and has created an insider/outsider feel that I have learned by asking many other parents. It is a disappointment, as we left a good community to come to this school, and have been so very let down by the nepotism and lack of integration of families not from the school. If you are not from the area, good luck, this school has significant challenges integrating families who are not lifelong Snohomish County residents. We are transferring after one year, and we are not the first family recently to do this. The school needs to address the "ruling families" or they will continue to have trouble.

St. Mary Magdalen School is a true gift to the community. I can say with absolute confidence, my children are being prepared for their future.

I have been associated with St. Mary Magdalen School both as a parent and teacher. I have had the pleasure of seeing my own children grow into committed, caring adults with a strong foundation of academics and sense of purpose to make the world a better place. I have also had the amazing opportunity to work with many wonderful staff members, students, and families. I would highly recommend our school as a place for growth in faith, education, and creativity.

I have substituted in many schools both public and private. This school stands out from the rest as a community of love and support for teachers, students and parents. There is a real loving sense of acceptance and Christian charity. Besides this all classrooms look clean, uncluttered and well organized. The students receive an excellent education. I highly recommend this school over others I have worked in.

Our daughter attends St. Mary Magdalen and we are very happy with the academic and spiritual environment.. SMM participates in many community service projects which we believe are key to raising socially responsible citizens. The teachers, administrators, and school families together make SMM a wonderful community. I would highly recommend SMM to families looking for a quality education for their children.

Since it's my belief that you should never hate anything I did not give SMM 1 star otherwise I would have. My family and I miss Sister she was the best very accepting and willing to communicate, a true Christian. Under the new "reign" we do not feel accepted as a family they draw conclusions which are incorrect and pass judgement on others very quickly. The reason I sent my daughter to this school in the first place was so that she could learn to not judge others and to treat others with kindness, along with having a good education of course. This is our last year at this school and I would not recommend this school to anyone unless they change things substantially which I doubt unless they replace a few staff members or rather the hierarchy. Check out St Thomas More in Lynnwood or Holy Rosary in Edmonds I've heard good things from the parents at those schools.

I am the youngest of 5 kids. All of us went to St. Mary Magdalen. As a former student I can tell you that this school promotes family involvement with their children's education. They also have an academic program that is beyond any public schools. I currently have my daughter attending and she loves it there. The teachers are amazing and you can tell truly love their job. I strongly suggest this school to anyone with children of elementary to middle school age. It is worth every penny.

I was disappointed in St. Mary Magdalen. The administration isn't strong, high teacher turnover and some inappropriate parent involvement.

This school is definetly the best school I've ever attended. Even without having been baptized, I am surrounded by a wonderful religious enviroment with people that truly care about me and my fellow classmates.

Last modified St. Mary Magdalen Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8