Posted July 25, 2013
I don't know if a school could have better prepared me for my university education or service to others. As someone who currently works in social justice and is preparing for postgraduate studies, I believe the foundation of this was my time at Archbishop Murphy.

Posted July 29, 2011
I miss everything about this school, especially the faculty. They were always accommodating, maintained professionalism, and disciplined in a proper manner. All of the faculty are more than knowledgeable in their fields. The facilities were amazing. (always spotless and plenty of room for all of the students) The chem labs and computer lab are top notch. The sports fields are also amazing. The curriculum in this school is very intensive and thought provoking. 7 years after attending this school, I still reminisce about attending some of my classes and playing football. The only thing I didn't miss about this school...which doesn't really say anything about the school itself... was the respect students had for each other. There was zero respect, even within their own little groups.

Posted June 09, 2011
Archbishop Murphy High School first and foremost has teachers with superior education and real world experience. My son, a graduating senior, had a AP Chem teacher with a doctorate. He was previously a well respected researcher. He came to teach at AMCH to inspire the next generation of leaders in science and recommended my son for a research experience through the Gates foundation which changed my sons life. My son had a science teacher for 3 classes who has a masters in mechanical engineering. His Ap Gov and Pol teacher is an attorney. The school has a pediatrician teaching biology. Try to beat that at any public school!

Posted April 05, 2011
While this school has great academic programs, they teach you nothing whatsoever about the real world. There are no home econ classes in any form other than highly unrealistic theology classes. You are criticized if you do not share "catholic ideology". If you are a star athlete you get whatever you want with no consequences. If you do not come from a wealthy family that donates to the school, you get no playing time. The students here are very rude, and those that aren't are trodden upon by those that "run" the school by being disrespectful in any way they can think of. This school also prides itself on its charity, but in my four years here they only do it for their image."Operation" rice bowl is our charity fundraiser, but teachers keep tabs on what students give and ask infront of class, why if they have not given, and 'god' forbid you reply you cannot afford it. We recently did a fundraiser for the earthquake in japan, but it seemed like pulling teeth because people may give less to rice bowl make us loose the publicity of giving so much. They make charity a competition here, when you donate you win prizes and things for yourself. It is not done because its a good cause.

Posted December 29, 2010
Want to go to a school with a great, safe atmosphere? Archbishop Murphy is the one. Amazing school with excellent leadership. Fran Ennis, the new principal, does a great job making tough but fair decisions. Sometimes the school makes mutual decisions to "part" with students and families who just didn't buy into the strong community atmosphere which is why you see some of the spiteful comments below. But rest assured, the school's challenging education program prepares students for college very well. It also makes sure that student voices are heard and the school spirit is amazing. Almost every student that buys in to the school excels at an activity...and it isn't all about sports there. Want your student to be inspired? Send them to AMHS.

Posted October 28, 2010
AMHS is an institution of hypocrisy. We've had 3 of our children attend this school because we thought, after ready their mission statement, it would be a great place. We were duped from the beginning. Unless you're a star, hand-picked athlete you get little or no playing time in your sport. BUT if you are a star, hand-picked athlete, you have the run of the school, making and breaking your own rules and bullying with zero consequences. I have seen athletes, with LESS than a 2.0 WIAA required GPA to play any sport, get in every game regardless. I've heard hand-picked athletes swear and make rude gestures to teachers with zero consequences. But, at the same time, I've seen non-athletic students get detentions because they were walking into their class, not sitting in their seat, when the class bell rang. We will not be placing any more children in this school.

Posted May 04, 2010

Archbishop Murphy High School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
basically if you are a slacker you won't like the school. if thats so go to an easier learning environment. i can say this because my freshman, and sophomore terms where a disaster. i was averaging a 2.6 , naturally i blamed it on the school and wanted to leave. during the summer of my sophomore term I was diagnosed with adhd, since being treated i have been averaging an 3.85. i am currently enrolled in 2 AP classes and I participate in select sports and am an avid musician. its not the school its the student. p.s. - 100% of the graduating class of 2008/09 went on to college, receiving large sums of scholarship money.

Posted September 24, 2009
Murphy has been a disapointment for us. The football program is dying on the vine. We were very surprised at the criteria or lack there of for hiring teachers. People put their kids in private schools for different reasons, for a school that promotes christianity we have been very disapointed.

Posted August 26, 2009
Outstanding athletics and academics. The school's teams have won a numerous quantity of state, league, and district level championships. titles. A student will find a very challenging education here with extremely qualified teachers who are more than wwilling to help. All of my teachers had at least a Masters' Degree and had a thorough knowledge of the field in which they taught. Certainly more challenging than any of the public schools in the adjacent school districts. The teachers do not babysit you at all. I have had first hand experience of being held to a higher standard multiple times. I was not babied in any form. Some would say a 'real' high school experience would include drugs, gangs, and metal detectors and police officers at every entrance. If that is your definition of 'real' then maybe this school isn't for you. This school has outstanding educators, athletics, academics, and performing arts.

Archbishop Murphy High School
12911 39th Avenue Southeast, Everett, WA  98208
Last modified Archbishop Murphy High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Archbishop Murphy High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top