Everett, WA

Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted April 06, 2013
The principal is excellent - very responsive and professional, and knows how to work with kids. The social worker is also very good; I see her working every day to check in with kids who are at-risk, and she has put together programs which help kids develop good social skills. The staff actively works to prevent bullying and promote good behavior. The teachers are caring and work well together. This is a school with many disadvantaged kids from all kinds of backgrounds. Parent involvement is minimal and the PTA is not very active, but the staff is clearly dedicated.

Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted October 20, 2007
garfield is awesome 4th and 5th are the best parents are not right i will never forget garfield

Garfield Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2007
This school is absolutely horrible. Luckily, we were able to move out of the Everett school district. My daughter was far behind the other students in her new school. She has caught up by putting in a lot of long hours. Garfield is ridiculous.

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2005
I am very happy with the quality of academic programs. The 4th and 5th grade classed seem to have more then K, 1st,2nd or 3rd. The music programs(assemblies and special student nights) are wonderful. I dont know about sports but reading programs are wonderful! I am very involved in my daughters schooling, but I do find others (parents) pretentious and distant. I am overall very happy with the teachers! All I have had dealings with have been friendly, motivated and highly knowlegeable. They have made my daugter and me feel very happy to be part of Garfiel Elementary.

Garfield Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2005
We had the worst experience ever with this school. Dark crowded classroom, unresponsive staff and bullying. I actually had heated discussions with the principal over their policies after my son was deemed sucidial by their staff. They refused to accept responsibility for their programs and instead of teaching him to write, they gave him a scribe to write his WASL test answers. The entire fourth grade was focused only on the WASL and when I questioned the principal on the intense pressure they were putting the kids under she told me to blame President Bush. Not impressed at all.

Garfield Elementary School
2215 Pine St, Everett, WA  98201
Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top