Bad
Good

Our child is enrolled in the Lighthouse program. I paid for private schools for years and gave a shot to our local public school Jefferson. We wished we had done it earlier and saved thousands. The involved parents are so great!!! Huge PTA membership and I love we can spend a couple hours a week in the classroom with our child.

My two older girls started off at Jefferson when we moved into the area at the end of their 2nd and 5th grade school year. I was so impressed with the teachers, staff, the wonderful principle, and curriculum that when we moved away right before my youngest was about to start kindergarten, I decided to enroll her at Jefferson where she been now for the past two years and transport her everyday so that she would be in a great school. The principle is very involved with all school activities and even getting involved in activities. I enjoy being on the PTA and my daughter loves having mommy involved at school. We will miss Jefferson in a few year when we have to say goodbye.

My daughter started school at Jefferson for K & 1st. Highly impressed. I felt that the teachers were very committed to providing a balanced education, and took the extra time to help students struggling in certain areas. As a parent volunteer I spent a lot of time working on reading with my daughters 1st grade classmates-her teacher provided insight as to which students needed help in what specific areas & I was able to provide one on one support to those kids. Having a teacher that KNOWS their students is imperative & every teacher I was lucky enough to be involved in had the same attitude. It gave the kids confidence & the knowledge that they were truly cared about. The principal was highly involved & wonderful with the kids & parents. I loved how kids were released to parents one by one w/ multiple staff members supervising-it created a feeling of safety & comfort. The only drawback was my son couldn't get his K variance approved so we had to put him at our home school of James Monroe & moved our daughter as well so as to not separate them. Was very sad for us as parents & my kids. Would highly recommend Jefferson!

I feel so blessed to have this amazing group of educators in our school. I was able to enroll at the end of the year due to an unexpected move, the school helped my daughter settle in really well and I am so excited to begin the next year. I love how many staff are in front for parent pick up and seem to know exactly who the parents are which is a great feeling. I feel completely confident that my daughter is receiving an excellent education in a safe and fun environment.

Lighthouse Cooperative is a wonderful program in Everett. My child has thrived here and loves going to school every single day.

We love the Lighthouse Cooperative! It's fantastic to have so many parents in the classroom. We get so much done and the kids get one on one time that they'd never get anywhere else. I feel badly for the other classes who don't have this opportunity. We'll be sad to leave. I've also had an autistic son who went through the enclosed classroom program here. For that program I'd probably give 3 stars.

Jefferson Elementary is the home of Lighthouse Co-Op, an alternative school with in a school. High quality staff and very active PTA and Co-Op parents add to the quality of this school. Construction of a new/remodled school will improve the school grounds and buildings in 09.

Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.