Posted August 08, 2013
Whittier Elementary has experienced and committed teachers, many of whom have been at this school for decades and live in the area. The administration has been understanding and supportive with us in effectively handling a serious allergy. The PTA is very active, and there are often parent volunteers in the classrooms as well. Whittier is the only school in the Everett School District with a uniform policy, which is very unusual for a public school, and it works well to help avoid cliques, reinforce school pride & camaraderie, and eliminate stress when school shopping and getting ready each morning. The school has been recently remodeled, while retaining its original character, and has a large playground, separate kindergarten playground, and an outdoor covered area. Overall, this is a great neighborhood school. If I had to select one area to nitpick, I wish the playfield was improved with better backstops, goals, infield, drainage(!), a perimeter track, and overall maintenance, to allow better utilization by the kids and community, but I respect that there are budget issues and don't feel this is enough to remove a star.

Whittier Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
It is a very progressive school. The children are valued for what they can do, not for what they can't.

Posted September 05, 2008

Posted January 22, 2006
This elementary school was warm, careing, helpful, just about everything a parent would want in a school. They are very safe with the students, they do not allow any type of bullying, they call you personally if your child is marked absent just to check if all is ok, the principal & staff are remarkable - excellent as well as the pta. My favorite part about this school is the uniform requirement which is simple and adds unity for the students. I love this school! thanks ji

Whittier Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2005

Whittier Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2005
My son has gone to Whittier for 2 years now. We love it and have been very pleased with the teachers and faculty. I like how easy it it to get involved and the teachers seem to welcome it.

Posted January 21, 2005
- a former student

Posted May 11, 2004
This school is great. I love the uniforms. I also love the staff. I have gone back a visited, and the staff still remember me, by name. I believe the creative minds of the teachers have led my child to possitive and rewarding studies. Thank you to all of the staff. We will miss you.

Whittier Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2004
The uniform policy is great, the teachers are very nice, but some of the office and staff seem grumpy most of the time, which can be annoying. Overall I am pleased with the school. The all day kindergarten is excellent, my daughter learned a tremendous amount in the class, but $2300.00 a year I feel is steep.

Whittier Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2003
Whittier has a uniform policy, which is WONDERFUL. The office staff could be a little less judgmental and a little more helpful, but all in all I have enjoyed having my children in this school.

Whittier Elementary School
916 Oakes Ave, Everett, WA  98201
Last modified Whittier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whittier Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top