Federal Way, WA

Posted March 30, 2015
My husband and I send both of our children to St. Vincent's, our children are light years ahead of their peers that go to public school. The curriculum is very well put together and leadership strongly exists. Bullying is absolutely NOT tolerated at any point or time and is responded to with severe consequences. I do not quite understand some of the previous comments especially with the grammatical and spelling errors (those posts certainly did not learn this from STV). I would take the negative comments with a grain of salt. I give STV 5 stars for their excellent academics and environment, all in a faith filled Catholic way. If you are considering STV, please contact the school and schedule an appointment to see if the school is the right fit for you and your family. Thank you!

Posted June 07, 2014
I saw the April 14, 2014 posting and felt compelled to respond. My child has been at St Vincent School for 5 years. We initially tried the public school system, then we tried a private school, and eventually we found St. Vincent. Of the 3 different schools, St. Vincent was far and above the best choice. Most of the teachers are excellent. In my child's 5 years we were very happy with 4 of the 5 teachers my child had for homeroom. No school is perfect. I agree that St Vincent has work to do dealing with bully's in their school. We had issues with that. It took a year before they really took significant action, but they eventually did take action. They offer an excellent academic education. My child is well prepared for any high school in this area. What made them stand out from the public school and the other private school was the "structure" they provide for children. There was no structure at the public school. There was no structure at the private school. For children who need structure, this school is the best choice in the area. My child learned very good study skills from St Vincent. Also, the teachers and staff "care" about students. I recommend St Vincent.

Posted April 04, 2014
Sad to say, but St. Vincent's is not a positive, faith filled, safe environment for learning. The leadership is lacking in so many ways. Although the principal is 'nice', she has poor leadership skills. She refuses to make tough decisions regarding any issues parents or students bring to her. As a result, the status quo prevails. The disrespect and bullying by many students is rampant throughout the grade levels. We have chosen to leave this school after many years of trying to make it work. The school does not have a good climate and does not promote a Catholic education. The facade of the school looks Catholic but, in reality, the catechism of our faith is not taught nor is it evident in many of the staff and student body. The numbers of students enrolled have been decreasing consistently for years and, still, no change has come from the administration to listen to why families are leaving. The negative behavior that is not only tolerated but allowed to continue by so many students is shameful. I would not recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a Catholic education for their children.

Posted March 29, 2013
I am so grateful that my children have been at St Vincent's for nearly 5 years! My kids are nurtured by Catholicism and academically. The school is filled with love and has a dedicated principal who works a lot more hours than I do at my job. Personally, I think too much homework is required, but that is appealing to some people and it's better than the reverse situation. The bottom line is that I wouldn't have my children anywhere else.

Posted December 28, 2011
I am very surprised to read some of these reviews. We have found the academic standards at St. Vincent's to be superb. If you are concerned about the academic standards at public schools, St. Vincent has high standards and high results. Students are well prepared for high school academic demands. The school is a small community and parents are actively involved.

Posted May 29, 2011
Our twin granddaughters have attended St Vincent De Paul School from Kindergarten and will be starting fifth grade next year, They would be devastated if they did not graduate from St Vincent.. At the beginning I thought they were somewhat too strict when one of my granddaughters forgot her proper Gym shoes and the consequence was a 15 minute detention. She was devastated but never forgot them again. Both girls come home and the first thing they do is their homework without any pressure because they have been taught it is their responsible for their homework . My hat goes off to the whole facility at St Vincent De Paul.

Posted March 15, 2011
We have three children who attended here over the course of eleven years. The two oldest graduated and went on to catholic high school, we removed our youngest after two years of disipline problems. Not with our son but another child who had severe behavioral problems and should have been suspended or even expelled but was issued only in school suspension and allowed to go out to recess and torment other kids, go figure. My line of thinking is that if a child has issues, giving and at home suspension and inconveniencing the parents might motivate the parents to deal with the problem. In the eleven years we had kids in this school, the atmosphere changed dramatically. I believe it stems from poor leadership and lack of discipline. The last straw for us was when our youngest son was hit in the head with a steel water bottle leaving a baseball sized bruise on his temple and no action was taken. I would not recommend this school to anybody, think twice before sending your kids here.

Posted October 05, 2010
We begged our mom to removed us from this school because of the principal. This should not be a school. Kids are at risk.

Posted November 14, 2009
This is the worst school I attended so far. Many kids are so unfriendly, and some are outright bully.

St Vincent De Paul School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
My kid attended at St. Vincent's for a few year. Just like any other school, St. Vincent's has its strengths and weaknesses. Some teachers are really nice and do care for the kids (I totally agree with the names of those teachers who were mentioned by a parent poster), but they are not the one in charge. The problem is the lack of leadership. Also, if you want your kid to be treated fairly, let them attent public school. There are way too much politics in private schools. And if you have concern about the academics in public school, the best way is to get a few good books and teach your kids yourself before the materials are taught in classes. This applies to private school as well.

St Vincent De Paul School
30527 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, WA  98003
Last modified St Vincent De Paul School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Vincent De Paul School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top