Brooklake Christian School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 11, 2015
Children not only learn scripture but they learn how to apply the scripture. Children are rewarded for exemplifying Christian character and are corrected when the fall short. Each day is a new day for everyone to make a step in the right direction.

Posted August 11, 2015
My kids have been at Brooklake since preschool and we love it. It is truly the Christian environment that we want for our 3 kids. The staff have been amazing at partnering with us in the education of our kids. As with every environment no one is perfect (students, staff,nor parents) but God's Grace is sufficient. I have had my kids tested for grade level and each time they have tested above grade level. We love the new principal and feel that she is open to our suggestions. I pulled the following from the BCS website because I couldn't have said it better: " As a Christian educator, Ms. Ingraham has received numerous local and national awards including “Teacher of Excellence,” “Coach of the Year” five years, and most recently named “World Changer” in the Field of Education by Regent University and CBN Founder, Pat Robertson. Her passion for student discipleship and Biblical integration has made a meaningful impact on the lives of many students over the years and her humble, prayerful leadership has been paramount for the schools in which she has served." We are very pleased with Brooklake. If you are the type of parent that takes responsibility for your children's academic, behavior, spiritual life, and social life then your child/ children will flourish at Brooklake--just as mine have.

Posted June 04, 2015
I don't have children of my own, that go to Brooklake Christian School, but I am a Nanny, (caregiver) of 2 children that go to this wonderful school. I am so impressed, as a teacher myself, of the wonderful curriculum & the friendliness of the Teachers, Office Staff & the Wonderful Parents that help to make up this outstanding School. I have been impressed by the children, as a whole, because they are well behaved & very respectful. This has a lot to do, I think, with the fact that the parents are involved with the children's education, as well as the teaches. I can't stress enough that if you want your child to have a quality education, then Brooklake should definitely be your choice. Great Job Brooklake. I can't wait to have Grandchildren, so that they can have a part of this wonderful institution.

Posted May 19, 2015
It deeply saddens me to see a small number parents rating this school so low. In my children's experience here, there is nothing but love shown all around. There has recently been an administration change at the beginning of this year and is has been an adjustment, but I try to adapt. MANY things have changed this school year from previous years including a new dress code that actually allows my kids more options, but it is actually enforced. Aside from the many changes, I have never felt more welcome, my children are happy with their teachers, and above all they are loved. I can't express how much I feel that the staff truly care about my kids. I was extremely wary of the new changes this year, but they have squashed any doubt. I can understand that many parents are not comfortable with change, but it's wonderful from my perspective.

Brooklake Christian School 1

Posted January 22, 2015
We have been at this school for 3 years and this year has by far been the worst ever. The new principal is stuck on her high horse. The new administration is unwilling to help parents and students. The atmosphere is uncomfortable. No longer fun to walk in, the joy is gone. The curriculum is sub para. No extra activities. They put put a great image however it's not what you get when you attend. I high discourage enrollment at this school. Your better off send your kids to Military School, they may be able to laugh there.

Brooklake Christian School 1

Posted January 17, 2015
New principal. What was a great community based school has become a concentration camp. Emphasis is more on dress code than teaching kids. Curriculum is not up to standard of a public school. Kids are unhappy. Administration is hypocritical in its teachings. If you want your kids being kept in the principals office all day because they did have the belt on required by dress code then this is the school for you. I am surprised that corporal punishment has not been instituted yet. Many families that have been here a long time are leaving in droves. It all sounds good at first gloss, just don't scratch the surface.

Posted October 29, 2014
We have a three year old and a kindergartener, both attending Brooklake Christian this year. We couldn't be happier. We love the fact that we are in daily contact with Mrs. Solomonov (3) and Mrs. Manchester (K) regarding our kids' academic and behavioral status. We also enjoy daily access to Mrs. Ingraham, Head of Schools, and have discussed both the small details and big issues our children and family face. Academics are definitely a top priority, while building our children's faiths in a loving, Christ-centered atmosphere remain the ultimate goal. Brooklake isn't just a school; it's a home. We are so grateful to be here.

Brooklake Christian School 4

Posted October 24, 2014
Boy did we mess up leaving BCS. Seems the grass is not greener with another Christian private school we moved on to. BCS was wonderful in many aspects and we miss the smaller school atmosphere for sure. Though BCS just went through many new changes with their admin and the school itself, we are still hearing good things about it. If you want a good convenient Christian private school in Federal Way, we still recommend this one even though we no longer attend.

Brooklake Christian School 2

Posted March 12, 2014
My children both attended Brooklake, one for 8 years, and one for 4. I thought my kids' teachers were good (especially middle school), but the way that school is run is unbelievable. The church does NOT treat the school as a ministry of the church. The pastor never come to assemblies or events - my child didn't even know who the pastor was after attending for 8 years. Second, the administration is a joke. A music teacher was the principal, then a fantastic teacher (he was really good, so they let him go), then retiring teacher, and now a secretary (with no relevant experience) is principal? Teachers live in fear of losing their jobs; fantastic teachers are let go on the last day of school each year with no advance warning. Five years ago, they fired all of the middle school teachers, not anticipating that parents really liked those teachers. Middle school enrollment plummeted from about 60 students to only 15 total the next year, and the middle school is now closed. My kids had a great education, but if I were to do it over again, it would NOT be at Brooklake. The underhandedness, un-Christianlike behavior and deeds behind the scenes at BCS have no place in Christian school.

Posted October 28, 2013
I have 2 children that attend Brooklake & I feel so blessed to have found this school. My kids love going to school every day & the teachers are amazing. They teach in a way that is fun, and both my kids are well ahead of the curve. In addition to reading, writing, & math, prayer and Bible study are also an important part of my kids' day. I'm so thankful they're learning in a place that is teaching them the same values at school as we are at home.

Brooklake Christian School
629 S. 356th Street, Federal Way, WA  98003
Last modified Brooklake Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Brooklake Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top