Federal Way, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 29, 2014
We have a three year old and a kindergartener, both attending Brooklake Christian this year. We couldn't be happier. We love the fact that we are in daily contact with Mrs. Solomonov (3) and Mrs. Manchester (K) regarding our kids' academic and behavioral status. We also enjoy daily access to Mrs. Ingraham, Head of Schools, and have discussed both the small details and big issues our children and family face. Academics are definitely a top priority, while building our children's faiths in a loving, Christ-centered atmosphere remain the ultimate goal. Brooklake isn't just a school; it's a home. We are so grateful to be here.

Brooklake Christian School 4

Posted October 24, 2014
Boy did we mess up leaving BCS. Seems the grass is not greener with another Christian private school we moved on to. BCS was wonderful in many aspects and we miss the smaller school atmosphere for sure. Though BCS just went through many new changes with their admin and the school itself, we are still hearing good things about it. If you want a good convenient Christian private school in Federal Way, we still recommend this one even though we no longer attend.

Brooklake Christian School 2

Posted March 12, 2014
My children both attended Brooklake, one for 8 years, and one for 4. I thought my kids' teachers were good (especially middle school), but the way that school is run is unbelievable. The church does NOT treat the school as a ministry of the church. The pastor never come to assemblies or events - my child didn't even know who the pastor was after attending for 8 years. Second, the administration is a joke. A music teacher was the principal, then a fantastic teacher (he was really good, so they let him go), then retiring teacher, and now a secretary (with no relevant experience) is principal? Teachers live in fear of losing their jobs; fantastic teachers are let go on the last day of school each year with no advance warning. Five years ago, they fired all of the middle school teachers, not anticipating that parents really liked those teachers. Middle school enrollment plummeted from about 60 students to only 15 total the next year, and the middle school is now closed. My kids had a great education, but if I were to do it over again, it would NOT be at Brooklake. The underhandedness, un-Christianlike behavior and deeds behind the scenes at BCS have no place in Christian school.

Posted October 28, 2013
I have 2 children that attend Brooklake & I feel so blessed to have found this school. My kids love going to school every day & the teachers are amazing. They teach in a way that is fun, and both my kids are well ahead of the curve. In addition to reading, writing, & math, prayer and Bible study are also an important part of my kids' day. I'm so thankful they're learning in a place that is teaching them the same values at school as we are at home.

Posted August 10, 2013
It is obvious the person writing this review is one of the many employees that work at the school and have their children attending there. If you talk to the vast majority of parents- ( I would say approaching 80%), they are very dissatisfied and on the way out. I should add that these are people that have attended the school for the last few years and have seen first hand what is happening at this school.

Posted July 02, 2013
My daughter has been attending Brooklake for four years now and it is a wonderful place to send your children. The kids not only learn the basics, they are also taught how to treat others and how to behave. The teachers know all the kids and care about them. Recent reviews that were harsh were made by parents who were actually causing issues at the end of the school year and are just disgruntled. Give this school a try for yourself and see what happens!

Posted June 26, 2013
I agree with the low reviews of this school. My children attended this school for 4 years and our experience was average. They cram 25 students per classroom. Poor library set up, no AR program. The curriculm was average but out of date compared to the school we now attend. Nepotism appeared prevalent and seemed to help if you were a member of the Church. Apppeared like a school with a Christian vibe, they fire teachers yearly without being truthful to them about renewing their contract, etc. There was no Principal, unless you count a secretary that was given the title of "School Administrator". Another person was the accountant and seemed to run the show. We left in 2012 to go to another Christian School and it has been a blessing. Both my children just received "A " Honors Roll, Top all around Student and other awards this year for 2013. My only dissapointment is that I did not have my children leave sooner. There was a 5th grade teacher that was supposed to be excellent, but we did not wait around for that due to quality level of this school spiraling downward. My children needed extra tutoring to keep up with their new school. However, we do miss the Chess Club!

Posted June 18, 2013
Don't listen to the last two posts. This is obviously the same person who has something against the school. I have two children that have attended Brooklake for years. It has been a great place for their education. The staff is great and it shows in the kids behavior. The kids are all respectful and I know if you ask them, they would say they love Brooklake. I highly recommend this school as it has been nothing but a positive experience for my kids and family.

Posted July 20, 2012
Not returning next year. This school is in a downward spiral. Although most of the teachers are wonderful, the policies and leadership are awful. It is obvious the teachers have no voice. The administration is like a dictatorship. There are many other great private schools in the area. Avoid this one.

Posted July 20, 2012
Christian school in name only--as far as the leadership act. The teachers are warm, caring, and engaged in the students. Sadly, there is no evidence that the administration have relationship with God. They are completely focused on $$ and outward appearances. I would be surprised if the school survives the coming year. Numbers have dropped significantly- and it's obvious why.

Brooklake Christian School
629 S. 356th Street, Federal Way, WA  98003
Last modified Brooklake Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Brooklake Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top