Bad
Good

The only thing I do not like about Brigadoon is that now I only have one kid there. I once had three enrolled here, and was our home away from home. The teacher, staff, PTA and community involvement is outstanding, and since it's a walk only school, all my kids' friends live close. When all three are done, I will truly miss the sense of family Brigadoon always gave us!!!!

Love everyone in this school!!!! They are such good teachers!!!! Ms. Moenoa and Ms. Moderelli are working very hard - our heroes!!!!

I am very happy with this school. For the most part the staff is friendly and inviting, I am thrilled with the teachers of my students. The Principal I havent really got to know or to talk to but she was borderline rude the first conversation, but my students seem to like her.

Brigadoon has always been a great school my daughter is in 1st grade now and is learning chapter books! Yay

Brigadoon is a very educated school for my child that is in fifth grade, and she is in GATE. she learns something new everyday, and she is good at passing her grades. No one bullies her, there's adults who watch the recess grounds, which makes me feel safe. well there's even GREAT teachers there that get on it. It make me feel confident that she has a good education in her life. Brigadoon is a very good school to attend to. but even though there isn't very much PTA i hope some people will join the PTA, to have good yearbooks, money for the monster-mash, even money for more field trips. But i wish there will be more teachers to watch the students just in case for inappropriate behavior. :)

Based upon conversations with other educators and my experiences, Brigadoon has wonderful teachers who are very passionate about education and as a result boast some of the top standardized test scores in the state. The PTA leadership puts tremendous effort into making education positive at Brigadoon. Brigadoon, however, suffers from a lack of parental involvement throughout the education process. Leadership fails to adhere to best practices recommended by both governmental and non-governmental agencies geared to increasing parental involvement. Parents must reach out to teachers and the principal for information. If it were not for district and state policies there would be little communication initiated by the school. There is no effort by the school to create a learning partnership with parents. With that said, much of the problems at this school are due to leadership challenges at the district level.

I have two children that attend Brigadoon. I have really been impressed with the quality of education my kids have recieved at the school. Both my kids were reading fluently as they left kindergarten. The teachers they have had have been kind, and have inspired them to do there very best. The Librarian is amazing, the music teacher is very competent and the kids in every grade level have their own concert every year. I wish the PTA was a little stronger. There are many quality, caring people that work very hard for the children at this school. All in all, Brigadoon has done a great job.

My child has attended pre-school and is now in Kindergarten at Brigadoon. I have been impressed by the emphasis on phonics and reading and am amazed that my five year old is now an independent reader who reads newspapers and chapter books. The creative approach to writing has created an enjoyable atmosphere for my child and has made learning fun. I feel there is a well rounded program and I feel involved and up to date with what her class is doing.

My child previously attended Brigadoon. My child was injured seriously at school twice, and I was very disappointed in the way it was handled. While I realize that accidents do happen, it was clear that the school was more concerned about whether we would sue (which we didn't) than my child's well being. As far as academics...At Brigadoon, I thought there was too much emphasis on Accelerated Reader, and they use the new funny math, rather than teachiung traditional math skills. When I expressed my concern about my child not knowing her basic multiplication facts (after 4th grade), I was told that she could use a calculator...how does that help?

Last modified Brigadoon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.