Illahee Middle School 1

Posted June 14, 2014
Poor leadership and uncontrolled students. The grading system makes no sense. The sports programs are good.

Posted April 06, 2014
This school is fantastic! The teachers are really supportive and attentive, there are strict no bullying policies, and the school spirit is through the roof. Truly an amazing school I'm so sad I don't get to come back next year. But, once a brave always a brave!

Posted September 15, 2013
My child has had an amazing time at illahee and I love how the teachers care for you and try to help you as much as they can, i absolutly love the school

Posted May 22, 2012
My daughter is in their special 5th grade program for which we are proud to be in. She has wonderful teachers who have compassion and care for their students. She loves the school and her teachers and she enjoys coming to school everyday. The school has excellent extracurricular activities too. It has a good mix of academics and other activities. I love their current grading system which is standards-based. We as parents are actively involved in our child's education and are always in contact with the teachers regarding her school activities. Overall, this is an excellent middle school in Federal Way.

Posted April 07, 2012
this school is absolutely wonderful. all the teachers are literally amazing and great teaching their own unique ways. of course the sports are amazing including their top music programs. the students are great too! so basically this whole school is great. :)

Posted March 10, 2010
i love this school my daughter learns so much the teachers are amazing

Illahee Middle School 4

Posted February 21, 2010
Illahee is hands down the best middle school. Their focus on academics and athletics is absolutely remarkable. I attended alll three years and wish I was back again. There is a huge focus on athletics there and you may think you are unoticed if you dont do them. That is what I thought until I focused on the bigger picture which is school spirit andstudents DO NOT BE AFRAID TO GO OUT FOR SPORTS! ou have to start somewhere and the coaches are great. As far as academics and teachers there are a select group of great teachers as there are with any school however the difference about Illahee is that all of the teachers are above average and go above and beyond. I do not regret one minute of my time at Illahee.

Posted January 27, 2010
I am a 'straight A' athletic 7th grader at Illahee right now and I can say I want to stay here for the rest of my life! I don't want to goto high school or move on any further! I want to stay with my brothers and sisters at illahee (they aren't my real family but they feel like family) I am proud to say that I goto a school that stands above the rest! Even though the school is old I love it! Looking at the wall in the little gym makes me want to cry! Illahee is the best in athletics and academics! Our teachers give us so much motivation the biggest pushers on the planet! We have the best PE teachers on the earth! No one can replace anyone at Illahee! I wouldn't change one thing about Illahee it is my home!

Posted April 09, 2009
Illahee is a great school. There is no such thing as mid-winter break anymore...It's been gone for about 2 or 3 years now. Student breaks and snow days are a district/voter decision, not illahee's decision. In-service days are training days for staff to keep updated with new learning tools to help our students, also a district decision and counts as one of the 180 required student learning days. Illahee doesn't operate on a schedule unlike any other school. They are only guilty of having a great staff, great students, great athletics, great academics, and great ptsa - who recently granted $10,000 so their school could purchase upgraded visual technology for their classrooms! wow!

Illahee Middle School 2

Posted March 10, 2009
Illahee is a perfect school if you are into sports. I.M.S. starts to early.. the same times as high schools and it makes me almost always late

Illahee Middle School
36001 1st Ave South, Federal Way, WA  98003
Last modified Illahee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Illahee Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top