Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 17, 2015
Home work takes about 5-25 minutes (usually math) for my 5th grader. I have noticed in this district as a whole there are no spelling tests or weekly spelling words.

Lake Grove Elementary School 5

Posted December 17, 2015
When we moved I was very upset that my son would have to switch schools. From the outside Lake grove looks older than his past school and frankly some of the reviews here are very specific instances that I don't believe show a accurate portrayal of the school. Our experience has been fantastic. Starting from the office and admin staff, to the music & PE teacher and class room teachers. This is his 3rd year here and each teacher has been fantastic. When he struggled with his handwriting they volunteered to bring in a OT staff member to help (and it did!) They have been offering programs for running before school (great for kids who need to run off some energy before starting their days) Free soccer, flag football and other programs that have been great and made it so our son could participate in sports where he may not have been able to outside of school because of schedules or funding. His teachers have been attentive and very responsive to email which I LOVE. The principal is very involved and many times is out in the morning greeting students and at school events always with a smile on his face. Academically they are on par with his last school. While my son has not struggled in this area I do see there are ways to be proactive if he did. Great experience over all.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 17, 2015
I would like to send a special thank you to the PE Teacher who is very involved in making sure the kids have the opportunity to be very active during and after school hours. She seems to put a lot of personal time into helping out her students

Lake Grove Elementary School 1

Posted October 30, 2014
The teachers bring their own personal problems to school. It affects they way they teach and how they treat their class. I get it everyone is human but remember, you hold our children's future in your hands. Its very unprofessional. On that note, from what I hear from my child is that they ignore you when they have a question or raise their hand when they need more time to copy off the board. All in all its poor leadership and lack of true care for the children.

Lake Grove Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2013
First, the school is old and the building looks so run down. They feed the children what seems to be like bird seeds for breakfast and how can anyone learn with snacks for lunch! The teachers pass the children to the next grade even when they are not ready. The principle does not seem truly concerned when you bring an issue to him. He just uses cliches we all learned in psychology classes like ,"what can I do to help you?" The teachers are disorganized and have no real curriculum for you to follow with your children! Children are learning at a slower rate than they should! If you want your children to really learn and have the teachers and principles actually care about how and what they learn, then I suggest that you choose another school. This school has a long way to go. Everyone here is just here to get a pay check!

Lake Grove Elementary School 2

Posted July 19, 2013
I find bullying to be really prevalent here. My child has attended school here from Kindergarten through third grade. Playground bullying got to the point of physical assaults that the teachers were either willing to ignore or disbelieve. When you child comes home with bruises from other students it is time to leave. We are opting out of this school.

Lake Grove Elementary School 4

Posted February 01, 2006
I love this school. There are excellent teachers ad staff members here. However if your child needs a special needs class try somewhere else.

Lake Grove Elementary School 4

Posted June 02, 2004
I 'choiced' my child into Lake Grove from another school in the district because of lack of student support at his old school. I am so impressed with the way that the teachers go above and beyond to support all kids. The principal is very visible and is very respectful to all kids!

Lake Grove Elementary School 5

Posted May 23, 2003
I am a parent of a fourth grade student at Lake Grove Elementary School. This is her first year attending this school. I am amazed at the wonderful leadership and teaching skills that I have witnessed at Lake Grove Elementary. My child has a wonderful teacher(Mrs. Linthicum)who goes above and beyond in my oppion to make sure each and every one of her students is at a minimum of what it takes to be successful in the fourth grade. The principal (Mrs. Lemmel)at Lake grove is also exceptional, she is very involved with parents and student alike. In closing Lake Grove is Great!

303 SW 308th St, Federal Way, WA  98023
Last modified Lake Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.