Bad
Good

Teachers take care of us like we're there children and have clubs and activities! Pta parents help pay for FEW field trips when they can. I am now in eighth grade and recommend this school for your child.

I am beginning my 3rd year at Lakota as an 8th grader this coming fall and I truly enjoy all Lakota has to offer. I am in the Cambridge program and my teachers are very respectful, helpful and nice to us. The Cambridge program here is excellent and challenging, which is fantastic. All the events that Lakota provides is great and are sports here are good so we win district championships a lot. The music program is amazing; since in May Lakota's band won a trophy at the Music in the Parks festival at Silverwood Theme Park in Idaho. If Lakota beat out schools from different states, then clearly this is the best musical middle school in Federal Way. I love Lakota and I think it has prepared me for the future very well. Lakota overall is a great school. One of the best in the district.

Horrible Prison uh I mean school. Trust me don't put your child there. Drama from teachers and admin is unreal. Pregnant teens, high teens, crazy stuff going on here.

Lakota is a wonderful school. The teachers send daily updates through email and I enjoy hearing about my daughters day. My child has struggled in math and her teacher Mr. Santo has made a special effort to encourage her in order to help build her confidence. she tells me he is one of the best teachers she has ever had. The campus is beautiful and well maintained. They put emphasis on educating students in technology and how to use it to learn as well as work. I think its never to early to prepare them for a life of successful employment. This school has been great for my child. she's never done better.

I didn't care for this school, and was quite happy to leave it. I refused to go to Decatur or Federal Way High School partially because Lakota feeds into those two schools, and I was suspicious. Many of the teachers were unfriendly and didn't care about the students, although a few were fantastic. I didn't think much of the cambridge program. It wasn't challenging at all and I honestly felt it was a complete waste of time. The teachers and staff were more focused on general academics instead of the individual student's needs. I don't know why people praise the cambridge program so much, it truly isn't worth it.

I have had children at Lakota for the last 5 years and have 1 more year to go. I am impressed with the quality of the administration and staff, and my kids have received a great education. With the involved PTA, Watch DOGS program, and parent involvement it truly is a school where "Together We Win".

My children have been at Lakota Middle School for 3 years now. I have seen them grow as individuals and students to heights beyond what preconcieved notions we had about middle school. All staff and administration care deeply about the success of each student. Thier motto is "Together We Win" and it couldn't be more true. Parent involvement at Lakota surpasses expectations, no longer are the days of parents only being highly involved in elementary school. Lakota is also the only middle school in Federal Way to have a WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of great students)program and it's in its 3rd year!! A very dedicated PTA and dedicated volunteers. It is a win, win, win for all.

Professional academic teaching and support staff is complemented by attentive and instructive athletics. Beautiful new construction is definately a positive. Security officer is adaquate, but could use better discipline and consequences for misbehaving and inappropriate language..

I have just completed my third year at Lakota and I had a blast! The staff is wonderful (Ok, a few rotten eggs, but nothing substantial) There is a great classroom environment and I really have enjoyed my time there. There are some gang problems, but as long as you don't get involved, they don't affect you. I was in the Cambridge program, so maybe the genral population sees it differently, but I know that I had a great time and I'm sad to leave. Especially since we just got a new building! I took a tour and it was SO cool!

We have the best staff. We are professional and all work together to benefit our students and community. Our students are super. And our PTA is the BEST! We have lots of community involvement.

Last modified Lakota Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.