Posted June 07, 2013
The very definition of a great school. Wonderful staff, fabulous PTA and lots of parent involvement.

Green Gables Elementary School 4

Posted February 05, 2013
I have a child currently enrolled in Kindergarten at Green Gables. Beautiful school set back in a quiet neighborhood community. There is a new principal who does an AMAZING job with the children. She is positive, friendly/approachable, passionate about what she does and even calls herself the students "school mom" Teachers and staff seem great so far. My daughter is advanced and her teacher is doing a good job of challenging her with new and more difficult work. The unique thing about Green Gables and you will either love it or hate it is that the classrooms are two grades in one. K-1ST graders, 2nd-3rd graders etc.. I personally value the combined classrooms as the students who are more advanced have the opportunity to do more challenging work while the children who are behind also have the opportunity to catch up. Great involved PTA. I appreciate the WATCH DOG program. (dads come and volunteer for safety patrol duty) My only warning is not with the school but the 5-6 police you will see patrolling for speeders EVERY DAY and in every possible direction to the school. Make sure to slow down to 20 in the school zones. A camera or an officer will ticket you one way or the other.

Green Gables Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2011
I think the PTA is great, but the parents must stay in tune of what is going on in your students school.

Posted March 22, 2009
This school has it all! Wonderful staff and superb leadership. The teachers are loving and caring and do an outstanding job. Mrs. Holt has done an exceptional job and will leave behind a legacy for all to benefit.

Posted February 24, 2007
I have two kids at Greengables, my oldest is sadly moving on to middle school next year. This is hands-down the best elementary school I've ever seen. At first I was concerned about the mixing of ages and grades in each class, but it has turned out to be a blessing as no child feels left out because of their size or abilities. The teachers are amazing and completely dedicated to their craft and the multi-age concept. If you spend 15 minutes in the class you see that though there is not the 'traditional' every child in a desk thing, each child is absorbed in a learning environment. This school bucks tradition and does so with exquisite results. All schools in the district should model themselves after Greengables.

Green Gables Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2006
Green Gables is phenominal! My son is a kindergarten student, and I love how developmentally appropriate the staff approaches education. They hold high expectations, but also value each child as an individual, and supports those individual needs. The school is multiage, and has three grades in each class. It is wonderful to see older students support the younger ones in learning routines,showing kids how to tie shoes, and reading to the younger students. It mirrors real life! The music teacher is awesome! All the staff are friendly, inviting, and you just feel welcomed in this school. Although my son is not the age for taking the state WASL test, the scores are some of the highest in the district, which means that even though they do things differently in the classrooms,it is working! My son loves his teacher and school! That's what counts!

Posted April 29, 2006
I have a child that transferred to Green Gables this year. The PTA is wonderful and the teachers encourage parent involvement. The multi-age and openness in the classrooms take some getting used to, but overall we are very happy with the school.

Posted April 05, 2006
Multiage classrooms lead to great relationships between students, teachers, and parents. Quality differentiated instruction that targets the needs of each student. Amazing teachers.

Posted April 04, 2006
My Son went to this school for kindergarten 3 years back. He has had some behavioural problems like sitting constantly, Staying in the line like that!But he is smart in academics. At that time the teacher was Mrs.Elmer, who was such a wonderful teacher. First couple of months there was no progress, but after that I and Mrs.Elmer have had a conversation about how we do decipline him at home and which works for him etc.. After that We got into a plan,(actually I asked for it)that If he does something at school the same day i want to know it, so I can correct him and tell him why it's not good etc.. so she prepared a sheet for him with happy, straight and sad faces in four different areas in which he has had problems with. If he does some thing bad he gets sad face in that area. He changed a lot. I owe her a lot!

Green Gables Elementary School 2

Posted January 12, 2006
Green Gables isn't the school for every child. Too many children get left behind. Green Gables has no spelling tests, so it makes it harder for children to learn to read. The children have too much free time. Children, as a young age need to learn structure. The children of Green Gables have no homework. It is proven that children that come from Green Gables struggle when they attend middle school due to the lack of structure and homework.As an educator, I wouldn't send my children to Green Gables. Unfortunately it is our home school. I would think twice about putting my children in Green Gables. They do not receive a quality education.

Green Gables Elementary School
32607 47th Ave SW, Federal Way, WA  98023
Last modified Green Gables Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Gables Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top