Federal Way, WA

Posted April 18, 2014
We moved from Montana my daughter started kindergarten here and loved she moved on to 1st grade and loved it she had a little trouble with a student picking o her on the play ground who was older but the school handled super awesome and professional with the kids in mind and I couldn't be happier with this school everyone is great

Posted March 25, 2014
When we first moved to Federal Way my Son went to another school. They didn't have room for my daughter when she needed to go to all day Kindergarten. So we found Panther Lake. My son finished his grade school years there, and my daughter has been there since the beginning. We absolutely love this school. All of the staff put the kids education, health and safety first. When you volunteer in your child's class, all of the teachers and staff welcome you and let you know how thankful they are for all of the help you do. The teachers take time to make sure the students are reaching the goals they need to, to move onto the next grade level.

Posted March 24, 2014
The staff at Panther Lake are reliable, committed and passionate about teaching. The music program is challenging, the Highly Capable teachers are outstanding, and the principal is approachable and always putting the needs of her students first. I have been impressed with my child's education at Panther Lake and would highly recommend it to anyone in the Federal Way School District.

Posted March 21, 2014
The staff at Panther Lake is amazing, they go above and beyond to help the students and parents. They always greet you with a smile and know you by name, this is a great school.

Panther Lake Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2012
I did not have good experiences with this school. In fact, the only good times I had were in Kindergarten. Everything went downhill after first grade. I went to school here when I was younger, and one of the problems I faced was the fact that children were sometimes left unattended in a classroom for long periods of time. The classroom turned into an all-out warzone at times, and it reflected poorly on my score. One student ripped up one of my assignments and I was blamed for it. When the teacher had us line up, I was elbowed in the mouth at one point, which knocked out a tooth. The same student that knocked out my tooth had also previously elbowed a girl from another class in the eye, and he was never punished in any way. Another issue for me was the school's "reading program". It was a ridiculously long extra class, and many times I missed recess because of it. During the class, me and the other students were given 5-page long books that I was able to read in about a minute (Ex: This is my dog. The dog is big. His name is Red. etc). We were expected to read the same book several times for 30 mins-an hour. I was pulled out of this school after 1st grade. I did not like it at all.

Posted November 17, 2010
Two out of 5 of my kids went to Panther lake, in fact I still have one there currently. Mr Capp the principal there is AMAZING!! The staff there is very attentive and keeps on top of the kids not only academically but socially as well.

Posted July 30, 2007
My Son has been in Panther Lake since Kindergarten. Mr. Rosand is a wonderful teacher...too bad he can't have him the remaining years @ PL.

Panther Lake Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2007
This is one School that delivers academically. Pantherlake gets parents involved and the result is very positive. Thanks to Mr. Rosand, Miss. Owens and Grandsprey. Parents I will ask you now to get involved.

Panther Lake Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2006
our son was in the gate program with mr. rosand and this was an excellent experience. he was in a mixed 3/4/5th grade class, beginning in 3rd grade and will complete 5th grade this year. terrific learning experiences.

Panther Lake Elementary School 3

Posted July 06, 2005
I am a mother of two african-american boys. I was pleased to find that the school has a diverse student body. Parent involvement is excellent. The parents take an active part in their child's learning. The PTA Board comes up with creative ways to assist the teachers and make learning fun. The district overall is proactive in identifying and resolving areas of concern as it relates to its students of color. I was most impressed with the District's Superintendent, Tom Murphy, in his pro-active remedy to address the disproportionality found in special education referrals, discipline, and tracking for advance placement studies. He implemented a wonderful program to ensure that ALL children receive quality education. A fatal dissatisfaction has been the implementation of the program into the actual classrooms. Excellent in theory, but lacking in practice. Teachers have not made satisfactory efforts of addressing their personal biases to ensure better education.

Panther Lake Elementary School
34424 1st Av South, Federal Way, WA  98003
Last modified Panther Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Panther Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top