Federal Way, WA

Mark Twain Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2014
I have had my kids enrolled in this school for 4 years now and I see nothing but improvement! I have LOVED all the teachers my kids have had. The office staff and teachers have always communicated well with me. The reading and math programs work very well. I am able to view my child's progress at any time during the school year with their parent view site. I did used to agree with the other parent about the short lunch (20 min) but after going to lunch with my kids I see that it is plenty of time any more and the cafeteria gets very rowdy.I have gotten lucky with 1st grade teachers but I have seen a few who I have not liked their style and have requested not to have my child in their class. All other grades so far have had great teachers all around. I especially like how some teachers will loop with their classes. As with any school there is bullying but i have seen that i gets taken care off fast and efficiently. I would highly recommend this school to a friend!

Mark Twain Elementary School 1

Posted August 06, 2014
This school is terrible! My daughter attended last year first grade. We will not be going back either . The office acts as if the chair is stuck to their bottoms! They don't offer you any info or help in anything you need. Their favorite sentence "look behind you on the bulletin there's a flyer to answer your question". The kids their cuss, bully, and kiss on the playground at recess due to lack of volunteers to help watch these kids . This school is disgusting and the teachers are average and below standards. Kids wanting to do the right thing in school will Be bullied and the teachers will leave it up to the "good" kids to be the example rather than discipline the troublemakers. If you can help it don't take your kids there.

Mark Twain Elementary School 5

Posted April 26, 2011
Mark Twain is an excellent school. The faculty and staff strive to make learning a great experience for the children. I want to thank all of them for thier hard work and dedication.

Mark Twain Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2004
I was largely disappointed in this school, it's teachers and staff. When I enrolled my son for first grade, he was placed with one teacher. But they had more children enrolled for first grade than they had planned for, so each of the three teachers were able to choose which children they wanted to keep in their class and which ones they wanted to be placed in the 'new' class. Since it was my sons first year attending and the teacher did not know him, my son was designated for the 'new' class. Because each of the three teachers were able to 'get rid of' the children they already knew to be 'problems', the 'new' class they created was extremely disruptive and could not provide a safe and/or structured learning environment. There was not a lot of parental involvement and I never got the impression anyone really cared.

Mark Twain Elementary School 2

Posted November 18, 2003
Mark Twain elementary had the program called raising readers was very interesting and good info for parents how to help kids reading at home. I would like to go to those programs more in the near future . I was actually suprised with the raising readers progrgam that we went in October. I like the cleaniness of the school although picking up the kids after school was a little challenge because small parking lot at loading area for parent. School lunch time is short for students to finish their lunch, my opion is students had enough food but not enough time to eat so they can have enough energy for afternoon studying. Also, it's also help to make parent to feel more welcome in the classrooms or shool so they can get involve in school activities because 11 members in PTA is very low count.

Mark Twain Elementary School
2450 South Star Lake Rd, Federal Way, WA  98003
Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Twain Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top