Posted June 13, 2014
My son has just completed his Kindergarten year at Silver Lake Elementary. Our experience has actually been EXCEPTIONAL to say the least. He has the best, most understanding teacher who has worked tirelessly to make sure that he is prepared for 1st grade. Mrs. Kubo is a great teacher and I am very thankful that my son was in her class. She went the extra mile for him and he has turned out to be a fine young 1st grader now. Thank you Silver Lake and thank you Mrs. Kubo, you are a great teacher. I would recommend this school to other parents. It was not our home school but because of Silver Lake, we actually moved and bought a house near the school so that our 2 sons could continue going to this school. I have had nothing but a positive experience with Silver Lake

Posted January 22, 2014
My two children entered this school this year and absolutely love it. The staff is friendly and supportive. The involvement is so refreshing from the las vegas school district we came from. My son had an issue being bullied and they worked with us consistently untill it was resolved. Thank you silver lake staff!!

Posted June 13, 2013
Silverlake is a great school. So the playground and set up isn't "interesting" but hey you know its only as good as the community makes it. As a parent I donated and bought the pastries the kids sold to help fund the PTA and playground efforts. A new playground is being installed this summer! My son did great at this school. He entered Kindergarten. It was his second attempt. In California they'd start them at 4-5 and he wasn't ready last year but this year he did awesome. He can read now, he writes, he is excellent at math. His teacher Mrs. Kubo worked very hard with the kids. Any issues that occurred were solved immediately. My son will be returning in the Fall. Please give this school a try. If you complain of parent involvement or playgrounds remember you are accountable too. If we all start participating and working together we can make the school better. Compared to a Central California school this school is a Hilton!

Posted September 19, 2008
We've had two children attend this school over the last 6 years, and our overall experience has been good. There has been a huge transition over the last couple years, including a new Principal, teachers, and support staff. The new Principal encourages parent involvement and feedback. Our children have done well academically, and enjoy attending Silver Lake. We have brought issues and concerns to the Principal, and our children's teachers, and have been listened to, with either resolution or an explanation. While no school is without problems or 'perfect', and the demographis in our society are changing, we feel Silver Lake is a great school that is adapting to the future needs of our kids--the key is communication and a relationship with the teachers and staff.

Posted July 13, 2007
My first impression of the staff was not very good. When my husband and I first walked in to introduce ourselves some of the office staff was very rude and just unpleasant. My kids had good teachers but just having to deal with some of the staff was just unbearable. The principal is great. You can really tell that he has a great love for children and he aims to do his very best at what he does. I just wish some people in the office and a P.E coach could be a little more friendly and just enjoy their job. After all, we all want to be great role models for the children and just make it a fun place to be. Another thing, why don't our kids have yearbooks? It's so easy. Just have everyone fill out a release form at the beginning of the year and whala!

Silver Lake Elementary School 2

Posted December 06, 2006
I have had an awful experience with this school so far this year. My child's teacher is cold and uncaring, the staff seems rude, and even the set up of the building is annoying and uninteresting.

Posted November 20, 2006
My daughter is currently in first grade at Silver Lake and she is happy at the school. The staff at Silver Lake has gone through a dramatic change over the last few months and I feel very positive about it. The new Principal really encourages parent involvement and feedback. It is very different than before and I feel that many positive changes have been made. As with any school there are issues, but I feel the new staff is listening to my concerns and they are being addressed.

Posted August 25, 2006
I always felt very uncomfortable going into the office as some of the staff seemed petulant at times.

Posted April 20, 2006
I have 2 children at this school. I have been very happy with the teachers, the prinicipal and the overall feel of the school. I feel my kids have thrived here both academically and emotionally. Many caring parents and students make it a great place to learn.

Posted November 29, 2005
I wasn't happy with the teachers my kids had at Silver Lake. I experienced a couple of teachers that were frustrated with my child. They only wanted to help so much. My child would have done great with tutoring, but I was told it was not offered there at that time. Not all teachers were like this of course. The security is awesome there, and my children were happy there. Overall I'd rate it a 3 out of 5.

Silver Lake Elementary School
1310 SW 325th St, Federal Way, WA  98023
Last modified Silver Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top