Gig Harbor, WA

Purdy Elementary School 4

Posted January 21, 2014
My kids are going here for 2nd grade and we really like the school. It's crowded, but the staff makes a huge effort to make sure the kids all get the education they need and spread out students so the class sizes are big but not un-manageable. I just wish it wasn't quite so crowded.

Posted July 14, 2013
I had my daughter go through this school and I loved it. The best part though, so did she!!! The student/teacher ratio is great, I like the fact that the kids have the same teacher for grades 1/2 and 4/5, I feel it creates a better learning environment, and the teachers are mostly younger and engaging, thank you. I have a son starting this fall and am excited to have another great Purdy Panther experience!!!

Posted May 24, 2013
We love Purdy we moved here from one of the top school districts in California and Purdy is a much better school. The staff welcomes the children and parents every morning, the classrooms are very homey, and the staff and parents have made us feel at home. I'm very happy our children get to attend this great school!

Posted January 06, 2013
Great school, great teachers, very happy with curriculum, my girls love their teachers and the principal. Our third-grader's performance is outstanding, our fifth-grader is one of the few on top of her class. The principal is greeting kids almost every single morning in front of school, rain or shine, he is really interested in his students and he cares.

Posted January 02, 2013
This is a unique place. My sons have had a wonderful experience at Purdy. Teachers have tutored them before school, on their own time, for free. Teachers have come to watch my boys football and baseball games. The staff is caring and compassionate. I love this school and so do my sons.

Purdy Elementary School 2

Posted July 19, 2012
I have been so terribly disappointed with this school. It starts when you walk in the door, no one greets you or smiles. This vibe extends into the classrooms and to many other staff members. While there are some staff that are really enthusiastic about getting children excited about learning, good luck if you get one of the "others". It appears that this school is rated 9/10? but I noticed there are no reviews since 2009. I think there is a reason why!

Purdy Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I love the staff, they're all wonderful!

Posted January 05, 2009
Purdy isthe best kept secret in the Peninsula School District. The principal and his staff are friendly and very involved with the school and the students. They are always striving for improvement. The PTA is hard-working and busy supporting the students and teachers. Many times the PTA meetings have just as many teachers as parents and the principal is nearly always there as well. My boys really love their school and it is very much a family atmosphere. There is zero tolerance for bullying and teasing on campus and I really do believe very little of that goes on. Sure, the curriculum could be more challenging, but I believe the school staff aredoing the best job they can do with what the State of Washington gives them.

Posted October 09, 2008
I am proud to have my kids attend Purdy. While many teachers at Purdy are good, there are a few that are, wonderful, dedicated, - -make you want to cry - - good. Every child should have that!

Purdy Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2008
I have had my children in the school since the start of the year. While atmosphere and teachers are nice and interactive with the students I am extremely dissapointed in the cirriculum. My children are being taught stuff they learned 1 and 2 years ago. I am honestly considering making the horrid commute to get them back in their old school in Puyallup. Thats a tough decision to make this time in the year, but I strongly feel my children are being cheated in their education. And when I have requested for a higher level of teaching there is nothing anyone can do. I recommend looking into the more accomodating and modern forms of teaching children.

Purdy Elementary School
13815 62nd Ave NW, Gig Harbor, WA  98332
Last modified Purdy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Purdy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top