Gig Harbor, WA

Posted October 24, 2012
Living the faith mission. Simple as that. We are a Catholic family, and this was the best choice for our daughter. We just wish we had made it sooner! Caring, enthusiastic and genuine from the principal, teachers, student and parents. Challenging coursework (finally). Best place ever. Sorry we have been relocated East coast...there is nothing like lighthouse!!!

Posted January 29, 2011
I have been a part of the Lighthouse community for 11 years and have two children who have grown up in this nurturing, academic environment. We have been so grateful for the diligence, care, and compassion of each of our kids' teachers. Each year helped to shape them into solid, responsible young adults. Now that our youngest is nearly finished with middle school, I recognize the huge value of the incredible teachers he has had over the last two years--Godly men and women who understand the hearts of middle schoolers and aren't afraid to hold them to a high standard as they show them the love of Christ. I am SO thankful we have this option for our children. The education far exceeds many aspects of the public school equivalent, even in our district, and the people are amazing. I see older comments about the middle school lacking quality. This is absolutely no longer the case!

Lighthouse Christian School 2

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted December 08, 2008
Lighthouse is an excellent school. It definitely prepared me academically for high school, especially in grammar, math, and science. The amazing teachers made Lighthouse stand apart from all the other schools. The teachers I had are encouraging, godly people who truly care about their students. The teachers (particularly Mr. Olive and Mr. Newton) taught me both in words and in their own lives what it looks like to do what Deuteronomy 30:20 says. 'Love the Lord you God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him, for the Lord is your life.' And even though I may forget about polynomials and quadratic equations, I will carry the things I learned about God and the Bible for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, ever since the high school closure, I feel that Lighthouse has lost that godly leadership it had last year.

Posted October 02, 2008

Posted June 08, 2008
I have been at Lighthouse Christian School for 11 years, since Kindergarten. I grew up loving every part of Lighthouse from the teachers, to the sports, to the field trips, to specific bible lessons. When I got to that last year of middle school, there was said to be a new high school program. From then on it was my dream to go on all the way and graduate from Lighthouse Christian High School. Well, quite frankly, that dream was recently crushed into a thousand pieces. After only two years of the high school existing, the board deemed it 'necessary' to close it down. This last year as a Sophomore was the best year of my life. I will never forget all God has blessed me with through friends, teachers, worship team and growth in my blessed relationship with my savior, the eternally divine creator God. Evil will not prevail.

Lighthouse Christian School 0

Posted May 21, 2008
Lighthouse Christian High School is a phenomenal program in every meaning of the word. Throughout my middle school years, I had the mindset that it was a nice school and the people were okay. That was before this year high school. The teacher-student relationship and the relationships experienced between students are at a level of respect as never before. No segregation between age levels exists and any cliques and drama have been rooted out. Our spiritual growth in Christ has excelled to new heights, and our yearning for our lives to reflect our faith is insurmountable evidence of our hunger for the Truth of Scripture. We are small in numbers but not in faith. Lighthouse Christian High School has blessed my life tremendously, and I weep for all those who are unable to experience the same family and growth that I have shared in thus far.

Posted May 21, 2008
My children have been at Lighthouse for 8 years. I must say the strongest area of the school is it's high school program. The teachers are highly qualified and challenge the students to grow both acedmically and spiritually. The class sizes are small and the students respect and admire the teachers.

Posted May 16, 2008
Academically aggressive high school with welcoming (friendly) student body. Be prepared to work. Teachers are compassionate and interesting, and the students love them, but the homework requirements are significant. Weekly chapel is led by students. Bible class is segregated by gender. Nice gym, sports field, and new weight room. Opportunity to participate in sports for everybody - not just the highly skilled who can get on the teams of larger schools.

Posted May 12, 2008
A Great school, especially the highschool, if you are looking for a Christ centered enviroment where kids know the word. It's small, and there are not many electives, but all the kids are caring of one another and respect the teachers.

Lighthouse Christian School
3008 36th Street Northwest, Gig Harbor, WA  98335
Last modified Lighthouse Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Lighthouse Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top