Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 31, 2016
The teachers are great and are doing well. The Administrators are horrible. The front desk staff are rude.

Graham Kapowsin High School 1

Posted January 31, 2016
My daughter is a sophomore at Graham Kapowsin High School. She started the school last year at the beginning of her freshman year. If your child is Hispanic or Black, this is a horrible school to attend. 95% of the staff are white and they target minorities, especially the administrators. They are a country school and have not done well with adjusting to minorities. The white students call the minority student racial slurs and administration does nothing to correct the behavior. I have filed a race discrimination complaint with the district and will transfer to another school in the district with more minorities.

Graham Kapowsin High School 4

Posted July 05, 2013
This has been a wonderful tool for my child both educationally and socially. I only had one problem towards the end of this school year with an unprofessional teacher, but the issue was resolved. I was busy with day to day work but, I still made myself known and was physically present when needed for functions and for my son. I absolutely love the ROTC program here. Sgt. Sydney was awesome. We communicated almost weekly about what my son was and was not doing. He kept him on task there and I kept him on task at home. I almost hate to have to move just for this reason. I want my son challenged and with ROTC he was happy and challenged.

Graham Kapowsin High School 1

Posted June 18, 2013
Awful, awful school. I am so happy my child will not be going there anymore. DONE. Lazy and rude office staff. Unprofessional teachers and disrespectful principals. I would recommend home schooling than ever sending another child to that school.

Graham Kapowsin High School 2

Posted March 01, 2013
I agree with the parent below that the principal only looks out for the staff and not the students. There was a problem with a teacher and just trying to get in touch with a principal is almost impossible. They also refuse to switch my child out of that class, even though I do not feel comfortable with my child being in her class. She is not professional at all and has no business teaching children. We have only been here for a year and already have had problems with two teachers that say something that is offensive.

Graham Kapowsin High School 2

Posted January 23, 2013
Poor principal whose sole outlook is staff first student second. Such a shame. There are some great teachers, but a bad apple that has made our experience less than desirable. The counselors are wonderful, but they are limited by the principal. Who favors some staff. If you are looking for student first, this may not be the place for your child. Our first child tried this school also, but we found it to be the same so she changed schools where she flourished.

Graham Kapowsin High School 5

Posted December 16, 2012
We were fortunate to have all our 3 children attend GK and continue on to higher education, their AP, Honor's and Band classes were commended by our children s. My son enjoyed his band trips as they were both enjoyable and dynamic. The school provided a way for them to prep and be challenged for their upcoming higher education and at the same time enjoy their time as a High School student as one should. One has graduated from University and his two other siblings are within 1 and 2 years behind him and they all say that GK was instrumental in there educations.

Graham Kapowsin High School 3

Posted April 14, 2011
Students and Parents. Do any colleges know you exist? Are you contacting the college of your choice on a regular basis (starting grade 9)? Can your Grandmother read your twitter and Facebook? You attend a good school but if you are doing things that show poorly on you in Facebook and twitterit it does YOU and the school no good. Yes Colleges read your facebook. Please remove anything that is not in good taste by adult (grandmothers) standards. Remember Getting a quality education is not a spectator sport!

Posted October 06, 2009
It's college bound and I like it because it's challenging and sets you apart from other schools and as students we become better, more respectful people as we transcend through the school years.

Posted October 05, 2009
GKHS has a great student body. In my experiences chaperoning and on campus, these kids are great! They are motivated and college bound. The staff has been excellent to work with and they really try to keep the parents informed. They support their sports and fine arts programs. This school is an asset to our community.

22100 108th Ave East, Graham, WA  98338
Last modified Graham Kapowsin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.