Granger High School

Public | 9-12

Posted March 11, 2011

Although i didnt not graduate from Granger high school, i did attend granger school district from kindergarten till freshmen year and i have to say some of the best times of my life were spent there. The teachers were ever so helpfull. i could always find help when i needed it. when ever my grades were lacking there was always a teacher to call me on it and it was very helpful. I personally would send my kids there.

Posted November 15, 2010

Granger High school has horrible issues. i was a student there my freshman year and i had teachers that did not know how to controll the class and the english teacher that i had would not work with me (she even flat out gave up on me right in front of my mom) and it is not a verry good environment for a student to try and lern in. i would recomend goig to zillah where there is actually controll of the classrooms and nicer people.

Posted June 22, 2008

Granger High school is not a good school. It does not have good academics .The discipline there is very poor and the many of the students have bad manners.

Posted January 30, 2008

I gradute from Granger High School. It is the best they have the best techers, they will help you in any subject, and stay after school if you need more help. They get you ready for college level. You have to see it!

Posted December 14, 2005

Granger High School Is the most wonderful school I have ever been in! I as a student haven't been more impressed!

Posted May 9, 2005

I graduated from Granger High in '04 and the quality of the academic programs are dramatically improving, while still lacking in advanced and AP classes. Availability of music and art are lacking, but are present. Sports are a big deal at GHS, especially football and basketball. Parent involvement is quite high as there is a 100% enforcement of parent/student- teacher conferences. Your parent doesn't come, you don't get a grade.

Posted January 14, 2005

I attend this school and what better principle can we have. How about the extra cirricular activities they are awsome. We are still on the look out for the best school to compete against us and I don't think it will be any time soon.

Posted December 22, 2004

I attended GHS beginning with kindergarten continuing through middle and high school until I graduated in 2000. Now that I am graduating from Washington State University I realize how much GHS had to offer. We had excellent faculty members and a 'tight-knit' family of classmates. Although GHS is rather small concerning student population, GHS allowed for efficient leadership growth due to being a small school. Everyone would often join together to assist in mastering projects concerning GHS as well as the Granger community. Teachers are extremely personable and genuinely sincere. They are confident and knowledgeable. I have talked to my college peers regarding their high school experiences. I constantly received the same responses, 'My school never did that,' I was able to say, 'Well mine did.' I can honestly and truthfully confess that GHS is one of the best schools in Washington. Contrary to popular belief, GHS is fabulous.

Posted July 29, 2004

I am a former student from Granger High School. I have attended Granger schools all of my life. I think that Granger High School is a great school. The schools has many things to offer. We can get help from teachers all the time. They are always there for us. There is a study session in the morning from 6:20am to 7:30a.m., also the teachers are there after school unil about 5p.m. Our counselors are always there if you need help with a problem or just need to talk with someone about a personal issue. The staff at GHS is great. This 2003-2004 school year we were awarded the Model High School of the year. I believe GHS is a wonderful school.

Posted April 12, 2004

I am currently a student at Granger High School. To me this is a great school to attend and gradute from. We dont have that much electives but its still a good school. When you go to Granger High School you go into a school where your teachers actually care about your future and they offer their help in order to achieve your education.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 54% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 82% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 93% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 53% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 96% in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used End-of-Course (EOC) examinations to assess students in Algebra I, Geometry, Integrated Math I, Integrated Math II, and Biology. The EOC tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 22% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 66% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 28% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 61% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 19% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 35% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 35% in 2013.

13 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 30% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 23% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 15% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 34% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 20% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 18% in 2013.

All Students49%

Hispanic18%
Low income17%
Not special education17%

Math

The state average for Math was 42% in 2010.

116 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

113 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 50% in 2011.

113 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 85% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used the High School Proficiency Exam (HSPE) to test students in reading and writing in grade 10. Math skills are tested by the End-of-Course (EOC) exams. The HSPE is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Reading

Teacher education levels

Master's degree or higher 53%N/A66%

• Paul Chartrand

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

315 East Mentzer Ave