Granite Falls High School

Public | 9-12 | 673 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 18, 2013

I am a graduate of gfhs the school was horriable 3o plus years ago and i dont think it has improved one bit their is still bullying going on if you do not fit in u get bullied i would not send my child their.

Posted March 22, 2008

I've never really liked this school, but i have a lot of friends who go to other districts and well, im really greatful how great the teachers and school really is. Every one always says theres so many things wrong with Granite Falls, but, i mean, it's really not that bad compared to other schools. Granite Falls just has a bad reputation. It's so much better than what it used to be.

Posted December 8, 2007

I've been in and out of many schools in washington, and while gfhs is not the best school in the world, they really do try to make you feel at home. I must say, there is a small selection of teachers that are, lets just say, 'inadequate' for teaching. The new hs is beautiful, and most of the staff in gfhs are great teachers. I really think that this school has quite a bit to improve upon, but what school doesn't in one way, shape or form?

Posted September 26, 2007

I realize that in appearance Granite Falls will never be mistaken for Bellevue, but don't let that fool you into thinking your child will not get a top notch quality education. My children have excelled in the Granite Falls School district. Don't judge a book by its cover. Do some research, review test scores, look at student teacher ratios, look at the credentials and the praise heaped upon the teaching staff and the administrators and you too will see that your child can receive a quality education in Granite Falls.

Posted February 27, 2007

I am a freshman at the granite falls high school ive been enrold in this school district for all my life i love it Granite falls is the best we are very pridefull of this school we love it all of the teachers are wonderfull its the best and the student to teacher ratio is outstanding join this school.

Posted November 22, 2005

my daugher has just recently moved to granite falls and the teachers at the school and the administration are great, but the students weren't very welcoming to her.

Posted April 23, 2005

My son is attending GFHS. The other day he was elbowed in the back by one of his teachers. Aside from this I am not happy with this school at all. Some of the teachers are good, overall I would have to rate the school poorely. My son is asking me to transfer him to another school district. We came from the Everett-Millcreek area, I and my son were very happy with the schools there.

Posted January 13, 2005

I am a former student of GFHS, am in my sophomore year and am currently transferring into the everett schooling system right now, and am doing so because I have attended the GF school district for 11 years now, and am fed up with it. The teaching staff are, granted, well educated in each of his/her own practice, though there are honestly few teachers there that actually have the ability to successfully pass their knowledge on to their pupils and have the assurance that the students have completely absorbed and understood the full dynamics of each lesson. Having experienced 11 years of GF schooling, I can say I have seen an accumulitive pattern with hardly any of the teachers in any of the schools (I have been to each one) practice any morally justified extensive disciplinary actions, and therefore, very unstable, permissive, and ill-conducted educational environments.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 26, 2004

Granite Falls is the best school I've ever been to. All the people are so friendly, and really make you feel at home. They are very humorous, and just like to take time to relax.
—Submitted by a former student

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 54% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 82% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 93% in 2013.

21 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 53% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 96% in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used End-of-Course (EOC) examinations to assess students in Algebra I, Geometry, Integrated Math I, Integrated Math II, and Biology. The EOC tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 22% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 66% in 2013.

149 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 28% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 61% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 19% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 35% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 35% in 2013.

15 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 30% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 23% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 15% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 34% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 20% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 18% in 2013.

All Students42%

White58%
Not low income60%
Not special education50%

Math

The state average for Math was 42% in 2010.

137 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 50% in 2011.

167 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 85% in 2013.

157 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used the High School Proficiency Exam (HSPE) to test students in reading and writing in grade 10. Math skills are tested by the End-of-Course (EOC) exams. The HSPE is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Reading

Average years educational experience 13N/A12

Teacher education levels

Master's degree or higher 72%N/A66%
Source: WA OSPI, 2009-2010

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1401 100th St NE